The World You Wanted?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

The World You Wanted?

Post by AgentX7k »

I don't understand what Claudia meant by this: "The world you wanted is nearly here" and 'but you said it youself, the world must first be cleansed with fire". I was never under the impression Alessa shared Claudia/Dahlia's views within the cult, or that she was even apart of them. I mean she was raised to be a high priestess like her mother, so it makes sense she is taught everything and that her mother imparted her view on God, just like she did with Claudia. So it makes sense she wanted them, but my question is: if she did why was she so reluctant to help Dahlia every step of the way right up until the very end?

The only thing i can think is she did want the world to be remade but just wanted a normal life/to be with her mother more?
"The Body Is Cold?"
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

if she did why was she so reluctant to help Dahlia every step of the way right up until the very end?

She never willingly helped Dahlia.

Or did you mean that?
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Yeah I meant that, she never wanted to help Dahlia, what we see of her childhood, her running around nightmare world hiding from her, etc. Right up until her demise she was always against Dahlia
"The Body Is Cold?"
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

I'm sure I'm off, but it could be that she pretended to support her to avoid alienating her only friend.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Claudia tells Heather that Alessa believed in Dahlia's vision of Paradise because that's what The Order was told by Claudia. Listen to the audiotape with Vincent & the nameless woman: Notice anything peculiar? That's right: everything they say is a lie. The entire Sect of the Holy Woman believes in what Claudia re-organized The Order into believing, based on what she saw seventeen years ago with her Sight.

After all: How could The Order function at all, and how would its members take their religion seriously, when what they believe is an absolute lie?; that the woman they construe as the Mother of God never believed in God herself?

They wouldn't take it too kindly, I'm sure. Claudia tells the truth according to what she's been lead to beleive. Unfortunately for her, it's wrong. That's why Claudia tells Heather all of those things.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anesthetized_Static
Just Passing Through

Post by Anesthetized_Static »

I think she did indeed want a new world, but she didn't agree with the way in which Claudia wanted to achieve this new world.
Even in daytime darkness will cover the Sun.