Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Sep 2018

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Goddess of Thunder (Spoilers rampant)

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
The God of Thunder shirt is my favorite shirt because it dramatically changes her appearance. Aside from finding the code on online or Strategy Guide, you can beat Extreme 1 get the code. Extreme 1 requirement got me thinking about her appearance in the God of Thunder shirt.

Dispite what I've said about, I've always respected Heather. Fiery, independent, strong willed, smart and self reliant are the qualities that have earned my respect of her. Having played SH 1 I pretty sure Harry was responsilible for instilling some of these qualities in Heather.

Anyone who enters and leaves SH alive do not leave SH unscathed. The amount of trauma SH does to the mind can be profound. This has brings two schools of thought about the God of Thunder shirt.

1) The trauma of the whole ordeal caused Heather to suffer a least one major spiritual death that severly altered her views and personality. Thus the dye job, goth outlook, and tattoos happened.

2) Trama to the mind can do a wide variety of things to a person such as thier hair turning white. Heather suffered severe physical and mental trauma. Heather's natural hair color is black. One could argue that the mental trauma caused her hair to turn greyish white. One could also argue that the tattoos are not tattoos just very bizarre scars caused by the fetus.

That's what crossed my mind about the God of Thunder. Does anyone else think the same thing or something totally different.

Last edited by Disciple of Claudia on 10 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Apr 2006
Notes left: 50
The code to unlock it is "GangsterGirl." How does that figure in? I think it's maybe supposed to be like a Yakuza look.

Last edited by BurningOnTheInside on 09 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

Gangster is usually associated with the term bad ass.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Disciple of Claudia wrote:
Gangster is usually associated with the term bad ass.

The Yakuza are the Japanese mafia, gangsters.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2006
Notes left: 126
Last seen at: Red Lion, Pennsylvania
So are you saying this outfit is like an aftermath to Silent Hill 3? Interesting.. But stress turning your hair gray? At that age? Dunno.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Mar 2006
Notes left: 267
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
Fullofhate87 wrote:
So are you saying this outfit is like an aftermath to Silent Hill 3? Interesting.. But stress turning your hair gray? At that age? Dunno.

don't you remember there was this kid who, got into an accident and couldnt come to school and wheeen he finally came back, his hair, had turned from black into bright white...he said that it was from when the cars crashed sooooo haaaaarrrrd.

mmmmmmmhmmmm

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>But stress turning your hair gray? At that age?
I've had gray hair since I was twelve.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Stress doesn't care how old you are or how health you are. Granted at certain ages it's rare but it happens. If getting white hair from extreme stress is the only physical that happens to you then your physically lucky.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
maybe she just didnt think she fitted in in silent hill wearing her old clothes and something more darker wouls make her feel at home??????

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 47
Well clothes always do represent something about ourselves. I've met a few people who always like to be happy who wear very light colors like pink or yellow. What i'm trying to get at is that the "Godofthunder" look could be nothing more then a metaphorical look to reprsent the Darkness that lies within Heather's very being.

Post subject:

That is quite true and that's probably what the God of Thunder actually means if anything at all. It's just that considering the psychological onslaught that Claudia gave her, not mention the repeated beating she recieved from the monster, and body violations the fetus did to her I just think the God of Thunder could be what Heather might truly become.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jan 2005
Notes left: 745
Last seen at: Bergen Street
And here I always thought it was just an outfit.

Post subject:

For the most part it is but considering the drastic change of Heather I figure there might be a little more to it then that.

Post subject:

I think the costume reflects an attitude that defies pain; both physical and emotional. The open wounds on Heather's face and tatoos covering her body suggest the ability to subjugate physical pain. The frosted hair and icy blue eyes suggest a cold demeanour. Heather earns these when the player makes it through a difficult level, and the players skill is indicated by a change in Heather into the kind of character who could physically and emotionally survive an Extreme game.
And it does make Heather look badass :wink:

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Mar 2006
Notes left: 267
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
could someone post a picture of this please? I cant seem to find one and I would like to see what you are all talking about ^_^

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.

Post subject:

Well said Spectra well said. She the kind of person that you'd have to be really bad motherfucker in your own right just to be her friend. Be very afraid of the man she's love with especially if he's her husband.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2099
Last seen at: Australia
I don't like to hot link, so go here:

http://z-o-g.org/gallery2/silenthill/sh ... 1.jpg.html

Their gallery of all Heather costumes is here:

http://z-o-g.org/gallery2/silenthill/sh3-costumes/

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

spectratone wrote:
I think the costume reflects an attitude that defies pain; both physical and emotional. The open wounds on Heather's face and tatoos covering her body suggest the ability to subjugate physical pain. The frosted hair and icy blue eyes suggest a cold demeanour. Heather earns these when the player makes it through a difficult level, and the players skill is indicated by a change in Heather into the kind of character who could physically and emotionally survive an Extreme game.
And it does make Heather look badass :wink:

Endurance of pain is the exact thing that Yakuza tatooing is supposed to symolize. It makes sense since Heather has endured a lot of it in the game and she has grown up as something of a delinquent. Her fiery demeanor and instincts in dealing with the situation she finds herself in easily reflect those of a criminal, particularly when it came to avenging her father.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2006
Notes left: 126
Last seen at: Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Oy, I've always wanted white hair.. Kinda an Inuyasha thing.. and many other characters with white hair that I'm obsessed with. *coughRikucough* So of course, the God of Thunder outfit is my favorite outfit for my girl Heather.

Post subject:

Funny thing is that it would fit Heather to a T.