Picture of Heather

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Samael117
Just Passing Through

Picture of Heather

Post by Samael117 »

At the point right before you have your first enounter with Vincent, you find on a small table a picture of Heather looking at something (seems she may be outside.) You also see this picture at the end of the game while you're checking your completion stat. I'm wondering, is the meaning of that picture and who took it stated anywhere?
I'm also wondering if that picture could simply be nothing more then a fragment of the darkness of Silent Hill that's simply there to make the player question the ery reason why you're in that world.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

It was a surveillance photo taken by Douglas.

No other meaning that I know of.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

Exactly. I've never heard any different and I assumed the same.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Samael117
Just Passing Through

Post by Samael117 »

Thanks, to be honest i did always believe it was Douglas that took the photo but i still really did wonder about it.
Archaeis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Archaeis »

Interesting that she's wearing the same outfit though.
[i]The first biological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
natural evolution is complete.[/i]

Artificial evolution has begun.

[i]The first psychological requisite
is the realization that
they do not need gods.[/i]

For they are gods.

[b]Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries[/b]
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

The picture was probably taken the same day of the mall; look at the background in the photo.

Besides, Harry's been wearing the same outfit for 10+ years.
Archaeis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Archaeis »

Well, guys do that.

And just an aside, the picture of Heather's face in the background of the save screen. Is there a clearer version of that available?
[i]The first biological requisite
is the realization that
natural evolution is complete.[/i]

Artificial evolution has begun.

[i]The first psychological requisite
is the realization that
they do not need gods.[/i]

For they are gods.

[b]Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries[/b]
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

Heh, you guys and your "assumptions." You see Harry wearing his outfit in Silent Hill 1 and then the same outfit 17 years later in SH3. And that would mean that he's been wearing the same outfit for 10+ years? Hahaha... Do you guys, like, throw away your outfits once you've worn it?

On another note, I'm not all that sure if it's Douglas who shot that photo. Douglas was hired by Claudia and somehow I doubt she had any intentions of killing her. (Found the Holy One. Kill her?)

My guess was that it was someone Vincent hired or whom works under him.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

What I said was a joke regarding Harry's outfit.

And I'm pretty sure Douglas took the photo...he was hired to find her, and took a picture to prove that he did.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Hometown wrote:And I'm pretty sure Douglas took the photo...he was hired to find her, and took a picture to prove that he did.
Yeah...but kill her?
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Bettie Bloodshed »

honestly..as for harry, I wouldnt KEEP an outfit for 10 years. Goodness. Esp if I wore it out hardcore running around trying to find my daughter.

And if Douglas took the picture the same day, what was he using, a poloroid camera? because its a normal photo...so he would have had to develop it quick and get it to that table.
[i]We live like vampires...we love like killers...we all die like infants, and we trust like mirrors.[/i]
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/1zqslko.jpg[/img]
[i]It's the pain and the sex disguised as innocence....slow suicide. Like it or not, its what we do.[/i]

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

He wears it because it's instant recognition. If you saw him sitting in the chair wearing boxers with little smiling whales and a PARTY NAKED T-Shirt, while it would be hilarious, it wouldn't be Harry.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Exactly.

However, I doubt the intelligence of wearing the same outfit you wore in Silent Hill while on the run from The Order.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

Bettie Bloodshed wrote:honestly..as for harry, I wouldnt KEEP an outfit for 10 years. Goodness. Esp if I wore it out hardcore running around trying to find my daughter.

And if Douglas took the picture the same day, what was he using, a poloroid camera? because its a normal photo...so he would have had to develop it quick and get it to that table.
1 hr. photo at the mall.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Alone in the Town, I would have died on the spot if I found Harry in that condition, lol. I have to agree with Drewfus. It does not show a good deal of intelligence to wear an outfit that would make you such an easy target. At least Heather isn't running around in the Alessa dress. :)
Oh, god, now AitT has Images of different scenarios that could have happened when you found Harry. I'm so glad they didn't get him when he just stepped out of the shower. Naked!
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Ha!

The recognition is for us. We don't get to see his face, but we know it's him.

However, the agents of the Order are likely not going to massacre every middle-aged man who dresses like the Fonz. It wasn't his clothing that gave him away.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Ok, I beter go to bed. I'm going to be having nightmares about naked Harry and middle-aged guys saying "Ayyyyy" like the Fonz being offed by Claudia and her spooky, eyebrowless head. :)
But back on topic. when I first saw the picture, I thought it was one of the cult members who took it. It is taken on the same day. I mean, I know we don't exactly see a dark room around anywhere, but since it IS a black and white photo, maybe someone took it and developed it themselves. It doesn't take all that long to develop a black and white roll of film once you get used to the routine. It can actually be quite theraputic, which would be a good thing fo the peeps in Silent Hill, lol.