Are you satisfied?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Are you satisfied?

Post by Fullofhate87 »

I was going to post this last night, but I was deterred.. You know, I look at games like Silent Hill 3 and then games like Resident Evil 4.. In Resident Evil 4, there are many many different types of deaths your character can undergo and each is animated differently. For the most part in Silent Hill games, when your character dies, he/she basically just falls over, or whatever..

I'm just wondering, are y'all satisified with the deaths in Silent Hill 3 and other Silent Hills. I posted this here because the
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
subway train death scenes
are pretty similar to Resident Evil 4 and such.

I'm very interested in your thoughts. Some of you may think that Silent Hill just isn't that kind of game and that the bond you create with your character is stronger than that of a RE game, so seeing a head chopped off or something means a lot more than in a RE game.

Yes? No? Orly?
History is made by those who say "No."
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

Well... If it's a survival horror game, than isn't the point of the game to not die? I really don't see the point in rewarding somebody for dying.
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I suppose there is no point, but I did love finding out all the different deaths in Resident Evil 2, good times
"The Body Is Cold?"
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

Valtiel drags Heather away when she dies certain places.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
SilentGil
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentGil »

B5160-R wrote:Valtiel drags Heather away when she dies certain places.
I was about to post that

I didn't think about this. Well, I am satisfied. That little details makes SH so uniqe, not a zombie shooting game.
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9457/silentgilfirma022tr.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

SilentGil wrote:
I was about to post that

I didn't think about this. Well, I am satisfied. That little details makes SH so uniqe, not a zombie shooting game.
I died just so I could see that part. :lol:
Last edited by Anonymous on 13 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
zoso__IV
Just Passing Through

Post by zoso__IV »

I like some of the non-generic deaths.

Like in Nowhere in SH1....you know.....when you remove the sword from the cabinet thing. I loved that.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/zoso__IV/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/zosoivsig.jpg[/img]
Thanks for the sig Gray Fox!
Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Post by Fullofhate87 »

Yea, I do enjoy things like that. But like, I really think places like the mirror room should have a unique death.. not just 'Oh, I fainted.'
safcftm33
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by safcftm33 »

some nice new deaths would look cool
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I love SH storyline better than RE, but RE controls, deaths and characters are better.
stone_psycho
Just Passing Through

Post by stone_psycho »

thegronc wrote:I love SH storyline better than RE, but RE controls, deaths and characters are better.
i dont know, i just couldnt really feel anything for the characters in Resident Evil. They all seemed a bit hollow to me =\
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

RE deaths are better? .. You mean how you'll be talking to a person and the next second a snake/shark comes up and eats them?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Orly? Is that a word?

I'm satisfied with the series as a whole, but I didn't like SH3 nearly as much as the others.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

thegronc wrote:I love SH storyline better than RE, but RE controls, deaths and characters are better.
The controls of 'Old RE' or 'RE4' are better? Because I always thought the SH controls and Old RE controls were pretty much identical, expect in SH you could move when you had wepaons equipped
"The Body Is Cold?"
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

RE characters are better? At what? Showing cleavage and imitating The Matrix?
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

Out of all the people Heather gets torn up the worst.

1. Falling to her Doom (In misc spots)
2. Run over by subway train/falling off subway train and onto tracks going on top speed
3. Drowned by Tentacle Monster (eww)
4. Run over by a roller coaster
5. Boiling Blood through her pores

That's all I can remember. But I do agree, grisly deaths should be a regular part of survival horror, so dying is something that horrifies you instead of feeling lame.

RE4 had that pinned on the dot if nothing else.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
Fullofhate87
Just Passing Through

Post by Fullofhate87 »

You know, you're right.. but eh.. I've personally never seen the Tentacle Monster death, but the other stuff you don't really see, or she just faints.. and maybe you hear something, like in the subway..
I guess I just want to know, would you find it appropriate for Heather to lose limbs and such in death? I mean these are monsters after all..
Although I suppose technically they are cult members.. or people.. Dunno..
Cherry Bomb

Post by Cherry Bomb »

Having a load of different deaths would be pointless. Rag-doll physics? When would they really look any good? The violence in SH isn't brutal or energetic enough to benefit from varying death sequences.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Cherry-spc-Bomb.png[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

AgentX7k wrote:
The controls of 'Old RE' or 'RE4' are better? Because I always thought the SH controls and Old RE controls were pretty much identical, expect in SH you could move when you had wepaons equipped
Actually, yes they are. Even better than SH3 controls. SH controls, and I replayed some last night, were ridiculous. SH4 controls are the best, but still not great. And I noticed buttons were changed from 1,2,3. Not many, but some. Overall, it's my main complaint with what is otherwise a great game.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

alone in the town wrote:RE characters are better? At what? Showing cleavage and imitating The Matrix?
RE4 vs. SH4, there is really no comparison.
RE3 vs. SH3. Closer, but the cop is flat and the others are pretty much just goofy. Voice acting was interestingly mediocre for SH3.
RE2 vs. SH2. Pretty big gap again, but SH2 made a huge improvement over one. But RE did even better.
RE vs SH. The only one where SH has the nod.