The fate of Harry Mason *SPOILERS*

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Agent of God
Subway Guard

Re: The fate of Harry Mason *SPOILERS*

Post by Agent of God »

I suppose people want a Metal Gear Solid kind of death where they get shot 12 times and have two limbs severed, but still have time to apply their makeup, crawl to the steps of a cathedral and recite Shakespeare to their murderer in their final moments.
You know nothing about MGS. Let's keep it at that.

ON TOPIC:
I'm also one of those that think Harry was taken by surprise.
The fact that he was at his armchair sugests he didn't even see the monster.
We are still here...
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

^ Probably. The bastard attacked from behind! :(
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I think he just had a fail moment.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Loonwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Loonwolf »

The blood trail seems to indicate Harry was killed outside. He probably stepped out into the dark and was taken by surprise, and staggered back to his chair. Who knows, he might have put up quite a fight and made it possible for Heather to defeat the missionary, dying the hero's death after all.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen Harry die quite a few times - he's fine. He'll just wake up at the last save point in Silent Hill then get to spend another 17 years of happiness with Heather.
"In the end it's only round and round, and round."

LOOnwOlf
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Poor Harry, Cheryl never gave him the health drinks that he asked her to buy at the mall...

Wow, is that sentence correct??
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

^It would have to be "health drink" because she used a singular pronoun. "I didn't get THAT THING you asked me to."

Btw, where the fuck did this thread come from?! :D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It could've been a case of health drinks.
I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen Harry die quite a few times - he's fine. He'll just wake up at the last save point in Silent Hill then get to spend another 17 years of happiness with Heather.
Boy, I wish...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I think he was taken by surprise and killed in the chair....the blood leading to the roof was from harry's killer...they(claudia and the mercenary) knew heather would come looking for them after what they did....i don't think harry fought them and lost and then slumped down in his chair....in the game it gives the impression that he was surprise attacked.
Wolfus
Just Passing Through

Post by Wolfus »

Probably he fell asleep during advertisement break. This often happen to me :)
Damp mud burning in my eyes...
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Loonwolf wrote:The blood trail seems to indicate Harry was killed outside. He probably stepped out into the dark and was taken by surprise, and staggered back to his chair. Who knows, he might have put up quite a fight and made it possible for Heather to defeat the missionary, dying the hero's death after all.

It could have been the opposite, maybe the missionary stabbed him in his chair while he was watching Family Guy and the blood trail from the two scissors led outside. But how come Harry can survive five year olds chewing on his dick, insects slicing him from the ceiling, God shooting lightning at him, 10 gallon acid sprays from a caterpillar and now dies from a little poke with a sword from a Missionary?
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I dont think it was a little poke. Have you seen that blade the Missionary carries? I wouldn't mess with it, not even to wield it. haha.

I can't remember properly... but I always thought it was blood that was leaked from the blade along the trail. I assume Harry was stabbed in the chair. He looks comfortable, not like he was about to die, or even knew it was coming. Also, he probably wasn't watching Family Guy. He's someone's Dad. That's awkward. haha.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Neo! You're back! I still remember about that naughty picture. . .
SilentWren wrote:Btw, where the fuck did this thread come from?! :D
From the depths of Hell. :twisted:
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

simeonalo wrote: It could have been the opposite, maybe the missionary stabbed him in his chair while he was watching Family Guy and the blood trail from the two scissors led outside. But how come Harry can survive five year olds chewing on his dick, insects slicing him from the ceiling, God shooting lightning at him, 10 gallon acid sprays from a caterpillar and now dies from a little poke with a sword from a Missionary?
Again, he didn't have any health drink or first aid kit or ampoule... Also, Harry was a lot older here, not just phsycally, also mentally... Silent Hill gives dangers and helps to its travelers in order to make the journey a "Fair Fight"; Harry wasn't in the otherworld when he was attacked so he just died like a normal guy would do... He didn't have that otherworld protection that allows you to revive in the last save point...
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

haha. Yeah, I am back for a while. I have nothing to do at work. So, I get paid to do this. lol.

Also, was that save point in the otherworld comment serious? haha. I have never thought of that being a viable option. But maybe, we don't have any evidence against it.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Do you really think that they just survived all the shit in Silent Hill in the first try?? I mean, the ring in SH1's Nowhere, the little Great Knife Vendetta in SH2, the hair dryer in SH3 and the battle with Walter in SH4??
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:Also, he probably wasn't watching Family Guy. He's someone's Dad. That's awkward. haha.
My dad watches Family Guy.

Also, I agree that Harry probably didn't see the attack coming is why he's just sitting comfortably in the chair. If he wasn't wounded in that spot, there would be signs of a struggle/blood from another part of the home.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

KageReneko wrote:Do you really think that they just survived all the shit in Silent Hill in the first try?? I mean, the ring in SH1's Nowhere, the little Great Knife Vendetta in SH2, the hair dryer in SH3 and the battle with Walter in SH4??
Yes, since they lived. You can find memos to help you get around all those tricks.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

AuraTwilight wrote:
KageReneko wrote:Do you really think that they just survived all the shit in Silent Hill in the first try?? I mean, the ring in SH1's Nowhere, the little Great Knife Vendetta in SH2, the hair dryer in SH3 and the battle with Walter in SH4??
Yes, since they lived. You can find memos to help you get around all those tricks.
There's a memo hinting about the ring of...no-fridge-monster-die-time?

Harry's death was such a shock when I first played SH3. After all he went through, just to be killed while snoozing in front of the tv... No build up to his possible fate or anything, just...dead. I guess that was the whole point of doing his death the way they did. To make it as much of a shock to the player as it was for Heather (it worked). Poor Harry. Though I'm happy he didn't get a ridiculous over the top end.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

He was probably watching some XXX rated movie with the volume up at high, after he sent Heather to the mall.

He didn't hear the missionary come and stab him then walked up to the roof.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I doubt that the characters died from time to time, but you know, that's a new theory. lol.

I think the best we can hope for is that Heather imagined Harry's death, or was forced to see this as a motivation to go to the town... I mean, I don't know if it's possible since she's in the real world at that point... but IF the Missionary can exist in that place, maybe the powers of the town can as well. Unlikely.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.