Insane Cancer

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Hill Fan 888 »

I thought that the insane cancer was one of Heather's greatest fears, becoming fat!!! She has an obsession in which she doesn't want to gain any weight. Just a thought though, not the actual interpretation.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

^ At what point does she show even one sign of having a 'fear of getting fat'? And I don't think that her lack of appetite would count in that either, by the way. d:
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

As a teenager, if she was afraid of gaining weight, perhaps she wouldn't have put down cigarettes. I've talked to so many people who say "I smoke cigarettes to get rid of constant hunger". It's an OK idea, better than mine, because I don't have one. I never put thought into what the Insane Cancers represented, just that they are the creepiest enemies in Silent Hill 3
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

I thought that the insane cancer was one of Heather's greatest fears, becoming fat!!! She has an obsession in which she doesn't want to gain any weight. Just a thought though, not the actual interpretation.
I thinks this is a joke, but if it's not, Heather expresses her love over sweets and junk food. So I doubt it.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Wrong. She didn't wanted to drink the Otherworld's coke and eat the popcorn. Hell, she didn't even wanted to eat that fryed dog, c'mon I bet that it was tasty. . .
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

It's in the dream Amusement park, I think. In the candy store?
The Fame
Just Passing Through

Post by The Fame »

I think Insane Cancers represent Heather's trauma of Harry gaining weight over the years from Health Drink withdrawal. He missed them so much, so he just ate and ate the need for them away :)

But he lost the weight afterwards obviously :)
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

Maybe they are a manifestaion of her fear of being sick.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

HereComesTheButcher wrote:Maybe they are a manifestaion of her fear of being sick.
Or at least something close to that. I got the feeling Heather was at least slightly a health nut. Well not nut, but... something. She mentioned she quit cigarettes for good, that might have something to do with it.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Robin
Just Passing Through

Post by Robin »

Are the enemies in SH3 even representing anything? I mean, it's like, dogs, and weird dinosaur-things...
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Robin wrote:Are the enemies in SH3 even representing anything? I mean, it's like, dogs, and weird dinosaur-things...
There is some creature commentary here if you're interested. Albeit, it's not exceptionally expansive, but it's interesting to look at.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Insane Cancer

Post by The Adversary »

>the fact that she meets up with the Insane Cancers before she learns that she's pregnant with the god or whatever<

I came here to explicitly say this. Heather didn’t really know she was pregnant until later, after she encounters the first Insane Cancer.

I like the interpretation stemming from the official novelization—that Harry was dying of late-stage liver cancer. Couple that with a lone Insane Cancer hiding in the Hilltop Center where Heather finds a thing of pork liver.

Seems like Silent Hill knew Harry was going to die.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but i always heard it was supposed to represent the liver disease or what not that Harry had?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

DinoNerd89 wrote: 14 Dec 2023 Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but i always heard it was supposed to represent the liver disease or what not that Harry had?
That was introduced in this thread.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DinoNerd89
Just Passing Through

Post by DinoNerd89 »

The Adversary wrote: 14 Dec 2023
DinoNerd89 wrote: 14 Dec 2023 Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but i always heard it was supposed to represent the liver disease or what not that Harry had?
That was introduced in this thread.
Ah ok, thanks! Yeah, i was wondering where it originally came from, since it made sense to me.