Insane Cancer

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, I'm pretty sure it's Alessa's subconscious view of the God as a parasite, since it's supported by supplemental material.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Silent_Jakarta
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent_Jakarta »

I just love to blast this cancer guy with shotgun and see them flattening :lol:
Rhen2002
Just Passing Through

Post by Rhen2002 »

Too bad in the Making of Silent Hill 3 video I watched, the subtitles disappeared during the Insane Cancer section. They did confirm Valtiel, at least.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

AuraTwilight wrote:since it's supported by supplemental material.
.....like?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Lost Memories http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookp ... eature.jpg
"Cancer running wild." So named because its outward appearance is suggestive of a cancerous mass. Alessa had a foreign body growing inside her as well. Very cancer-like.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I don't know, if that was the case, I find it to be very pointless to mention anything about her quitting smoking.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was her cynical sense of humor remarking about her slow running speed and how she runs out of breath easily. I highly doubt that smoking is onpar with emotional demons of murder, rape, sociopathy, traumatizing immolation, etc.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Post by Nurse Yorda »

Drewfus wrote:It symbolizes fear of some sort of malignant growth inside one's own body. It's not a reference to Heather's smoking past, it's a reference to Alessa's fear of the thing that is growing inside her.
Ooo. I so agree with Drewfus. -lol- Sorry if this is really redundant but I second this interpretation.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

earlier this topic mention Heather smoking!! What where was this mentioned in the game?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

In the very beginning of the game after her first few encounters with monsters, she runs out of breath while running and mentions it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Does she? I thought the only time she explictly mentions smoking is in the Hilltop Shopping Center: there's a lit cigarette, smoldering in an ashtray, on the desk, near the final part of the Priestess' story.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

She never says it in the game when you're wandering around. Bitch runs out of breath wa~y too quickly, but the only time she ever rambles on about smoking is that instance you said, Tom, when she examines the ashtray.

She also seems to be a bit of a drinker ("I feel like I've got the worst hangover ever") and thus I can safely say Heather would probably be a shitty mom to G-d.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Of course, on the bright side, Algaophotis Child Care Services will give God to a foster mommy like Claudia.
the fifth survivor
Just Passing Through

Post by the fifth survivor »

no, Claudia wouldnt be given a baby. no living family, history of being abused, and her only "job" is in a cult. not to mention she killed Harry Mason. not the canidate for my vote.
Should you feel that you are being overwhelmed by something, remember:
if something is more powerful then you can handle,
it will kill you.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

^You should really spoiler-box that, as there's no spoiler warning in the thread title.
Desolate-Beauty
Just Passing Through

Post by Desolate-Beauty »

LanceS133 wrote:
Is this an actual guide/book available for purchase some where?

Meh I wouldnt completely trust the american translated version, because who knows, they probably didn't translate it perfectly. I would as so to say, call it a basis of what the hell is up with this :) . More or less, it does have info on the games and stuff.
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/246vv2x.gif[/img]
Sometimes We Must Travel Into The Surrounding Darkness To Find Ourselves

RAWR :D
I'll Eat Your Soul :]
<3
CryingInTheCorner
Just Passing Through

Post by CryingInTheCorner »

The reason for a monster called Insane Cancer is very obvious. The monster looks like some sort of internal malfunction (ie tumor). Inside of the reverse Hilltop building, you need to enter a room with an ashtray and a smoking cigarrette inside of it, a pack of cigarrettes on the table, and a lighter. You need the lighter to burn the painting to progress. if you examine the ashtray, heather says something along the lines of, "I don't smoke. At least not anymore." This shows that she used to smoke, so the monster must be a visualization of her fear of lung cancer.
"When you see the almighty Pyramid Head... run like your nuts are on fire."
Cadiel
Just Passing Through

Post by Cadiel »

Hmm...

I don't know. Whenever I look at an Insane Cancer, I think of self-destructive behavior. Some people who are depressed, or sick may become obese, which can be seen as self-destructive, depending on the ailment of course. I interpret "cancer running wild" as something that will basically kill itself, like the cult for example, and is a danger to those around it and itself.

In my opinion. Next?
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

CryingInTheCorner wrote:if you examine the ashtray, heather says something along the lines of, "I don't smoke. At least not anymore." This shows that she used to smoke, so the monster must be a visualization of her fear of lung cancer.
Or maybe that was a grim reference to the fact that Alessa was burned. :lol:
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cancer =/= Burns.