Just to wake-up this SH3 section!

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

Just picked a thread instead of creating a new one, because my post isn't that very special...

I just wanted to hear if someone saw episode 22 of the forth season of the series "24". There is a girl that flees from a group of special forces.
She has the same type of clothes as heather, but with white under and black boots, a black skirt and black vest. Really interesting...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

Silent Hill 3 will be my favorite. It's the game that introduced me to the series. Of course playing this one first had its drawbacks: It ruined the first one for me story wise. :cry:
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

I usually use the standard cotume, obviously I used the Princess Heart costume.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

I don't understand when people say SH3 is just a cash in.
Gameplay-wise, it's by far the most refined, and the plot isn't as shite as people say.

SH1: Harry looks for daughter, Dahlia manipulates Harry, Cheryl half of the mother of god
SH3: Heather looks for revenge (after Harry is murdered), Claudia manipulates Heather, Heather is Alessa thus is the Mother of god.
And each has sub-plots for about 2 other characters. (Lisa, Kaufmann. Vincent, Douglas)
I'm sure SH3 probably isnt as deep as SH1, but it's still not as shallow as everyone seems to think.
I think people see it as really shallow is because they're comparing it to SH2, not SH1

As for the whole rust-and-caked-on-blood feel of the game, it worked.

Well, that's my defence for SH3. It was the first SH I finished, so it's where my loyalties lie, basically.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

Yes, like all Silent Hill games, the character you play is being manipulated by something or someone.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

Just my 2 cents.. *looks in wallet*
The story of SH1 & 3 were my favourites. They were totally original and creepy and twisted and interesting and Donnar and Blitzen and.. I know it's one of those Good VS Evil plots, but it was well done and SH1 was made b4 Konami had the idea for a whole series. All they wanted to do was compete with Res Evil, but it became so popular they made sequals. Silent Hill 2 is a very close second, that was also very original and creepy and twisted and interesting, not so much Donnar and Blitzen tho.. And The Room, let's just say I love it like a cancerous mole which I've had 2 removed over the summer. I mean the story was great, but just the monsters and game play made me wanna jump off a train going 150MPH in a dessert.
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

Oh by the way peeps, there are some reasons for the monsters in SH3:

The Double Heads (the Dogs, for those of you less eductated members :-P) are bandaged because they are drawn from a sub-consiouce memory of Alessa, bandaged after she'd been in the fire.

The Closers (Skirt wearing mouths of stalks) look like SH2s Mandarins for a reason: They symbolise a mind that is stricken by suffering, but is now beginning to acknowledge it, as Heathers memories of her life as Alessa resurface. Because of this it can stand above ground.

The Nurses (the...nurses. Duh) could have been humans turned into monsters, or could be constructs of Alessa’s dormant memories of her time in Hospital

Scrapers are possibly humans transfigured by Claudia, just like their more significant counterpart, the Missionary

The Split Worm Resembles the Split Head fought by Heather’s father, Harry Mason, 17 years ago

The Missionary is a cult member transfigured by Claudia

Leonard’s transfigured form is perhaps the embodiment of Claudia’s hatred of him, although he believes it is his reward from God.

Memory of Alessa: The appearance of a lingering memory of Alessa who wished to kill herself over 17 years ago, but now needs seeks to kill Heather to prevent the birth of God

Although Pendulums, Insane Cancers, Slurpers, and Numb Bodies have no metaphor (save they are named because of their appearance/habits

(Info taken from Translated Memories)