Happy Ending? (Spoilers)

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Happy Ending? (Spoilers)

Post by StinkBomber »

Not for Heather. If she dies, she's simply reincarnated; there's no end to it. It may just be sequel-itis, but the writers seem to poke at the idea of Heather not truly being set free at the end of her ordeal; stating that perhaps even that fetus-thing she purged from herself could be a projection as well, and the taint of her cursed birth would always be with her no matter what.

The purging of the fetus symbolizing Heather's Hatred being cast away?

We already know the supposed "God" is nothing more than a delusion created by those who want solace, just like the monsters (Lost Memories "Eye of Night" page). Alessa's vision a false savior, the truth of Dahlia's vision being a demon bent on destroying the impurity of the world. And Claudia's? A vision of her cherished "sibling".

All delusions. All cries for help and escape from a cruel world. All empowering a being to come forth and force thier delusions on all things.

The question is... does Heather ever have hopes of escape? If the "God" is born and empowered from delusions of suffering, and the world and human nature itself being of that suffering, what's to say what happened to her cannot simply occur again? What if she had a child in the future - would that child be another incarnation? Walter created a paralell event of his own free will, but it seems Heather has the cruel fate of never being in control of her own destiny.

Course, with The Order long dead, what else is left? Silent Hill is just another ghost town, so she just might be able to live a normal life. Without human beings to empower the place with thier own delusions, it's completely harmless.

Unless of course, the Possessed ending occured. She revels in her insanity, having lost everything and being wholly possessed by the Hate inside her that bore that "God" in the first place, perhaps even becoming it?

Even if that isn't the case, isn't it true that Heather will simply re-incarnate if she were to ever die? When I think about that idea, the first time her Re-Incarnation was "Her" doing. In SH3, Valtiel saw to it that she would not perish before the "birth of god" occured. Well, what if Heather got hit by a semi afterward? Would she come back then? Or would her birth ensure she would simply return as yet another tortured incarnation... ?

That's a haunting idea, don't you think?
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
rusted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by rusted »

altough the multiple endings, i can't think in a happy ending for silent hill.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the poor girl father was murdered!! murdered i tell you!!
anyway, is a cool context tough.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/87/217061285_729e113c4a_o.jpg[/img]

English is not my first language so stop bothering me, i will try my best.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Poor Heather.Her dad is dead :cry: :cry: :cry:
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I think she was only brought back to birth God; she was resurrected by Vatiel, the protector of God. Now that Heather not longer carries God and God’s physical form is dead again, he has to reason to bring her back. And I think she is rid of it for good, if she had a child in the future I doubt it would be evil.
Because as I recall Dahlia only made it so her daughter would birth God, unless there is something about the spell which curses Heather always I think she is free.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

There was no clear murderer for Harry Mason so they sent Heather to the courts and she gets sentenced...to unhappy?
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

Heh, good thing you brought that up. That was another bit if info that bugged me; Heather had her father's blood all over her... Course, the Missionary is still dead and rotting on the rooftops. I'm sure to your average human being who isn't blinded by hate (or seeing the truth perhaps), he's just a nutcase with a pair of blades. Not to mention She'd have Douglas as a witness in her favor, so that would help clear things up... providing she didn't kill him in the bad ending, heheh.

But yeah, that idea ties in well with the Possessed Ending. Heather goes nuts, kills Douglas, and by the time the authorities find her she's already blamed for a murder of her own father - cue her being locked up in a mental institution.

...and we all know how much Heather likes Hospitals. Brookhaven in particular.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com