Acting.

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Mockingbird wrote:>vincent's eyes do not look at the person he speaks to
This was done intentionally so the audience would recognize him for the lying and conniving little shit that he is.
Not a Vincent fan?
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Xigz wrote:
This was done intentionally so the audience would recognize him for the lying and conniving little shit that he is.
Not a Vincent fan?
You can be a fan and recognize he's still a liar.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

I think Vincent was sexy. Oops, let it slip.

*runs away*

Seriously though I was fine with those two but I found Heather to be a bit overacting at times and just hated the other girl.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

crucifix wrote:can't forget when heather's facing leonard. upon seeing a giant monster rise out of the water, she sees fit to wonder aloud if "every person here is a mental case?"

after which she declares, "well, i guess you're not a person anyway!" with a bit of a smirk.

just... no.
Yeah. It felt like heather wasn't scared at all. Maybe little in the beginnig. Well I guess she was just extraordinarily strong girl, but it kinda takes away the atmosphere.
Dahlia and Vincent were overacting in some parts -in the hotel room.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

xoxsnoof wrote:
Xigz wrote:
Not a Vincent fan?
You can be a fan and recognize he's still a liar.
Just the way he said "conniving little shit."
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

delusion wrote:
crucifix wrote:can't forget when heather's facing leonard. upon seeing a giant monster rise out of the water, she sees fit to wonder aloud if "every person here is a mental case?"

after which she declares, "well, i guess you're not a person anyway!" with a bit of a smirk.

just... no.
Yeah. It felt like heather wasn't scared at all. Maybe little in the beginnig. Well I guess she was just extraordinarily strong girl, but it kinda takes away the atmosphere.
Dahlia and Vincent were overacting in some parts -in the hotel room.
Well what more could scare Heather? I mean her father died from that otherworld-disfigured cult member and she has been seeing monsters the whole day. So, obviously she has become more calloused and hardened.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
Cohen330
Just Passing Through

Post by Cohen330 »

I went on ITunes and found a few SH related podcasts, and one of them had an audio recording of Heather Morris performing a few of her "Nooooooo!" scenes in SH3. They're pretty interesting if you can find them.
SpearOfDestiny
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by SpearOfDestiny »

Sway West wrote:Douglas is an investigator, and Vincent a priest-- both occupations that require daily interaction with various types of individuals, as well as a level of patience and lucidity while speaking. I think it's appropriate.
I disagree, Douglas's voice was overemphasised and Vincent sounded more high than patient.

The voice acting for those characters was pretty poor.
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7513/spearofdestinysigyd7.gif[/img]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DancinMonkeh][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/DancinMonkeh.gif[/img][/url]
Holy One
Just Passing Through

Post by Holy One »

I was very satisfied with all of the voice actors in SH3. They all sounded like they cared about their parts and were putting effort into getting them down. I wish more video game VA's bothered to do that. Heather in particular did a great job, despite her occasionally poor lines. The actor who voiced Douglas (Richard Grosse) died before the game was released, which makes his character seem even more effective. Vincent's VA was the least convincing to me, but even he did a good job.

I'd say if anyone considers the acting in SH3 "pretty poor," their standards are high to the point of being unreasonable. Especially when you consider this was a video game.
THREAD QUESTION: "Does anyone want to date Heather?"
PARTYHARD: "Well, she carries a fuckton of emotional baggage, she's her own mother, used to be a suicidal girl who opened the gates of Hell in a town and would kill people with her brain, she's 31 in a teenage body, she can go on a relentless rampage if you piss her off enough... sure, don't see why not."
Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

Holy One wrote:I was very satisfied with all of the voice actors in SH3. They all sounded like they cared about their parts and were putting effort into getting them down. I wish more video game VA's bothered to do that. Heather in particular did a great job, despite her occasionally poor lines. The actor who voiced Douglas (Richard Grosse) died before the game was released, which makes his character seem even more effective. Vincent's VA was the least convincing to me, but even he did a good job.

I'd say if anyone considers the acting in SH3 "pretty poor," their standards are high to the point of being unreasonable. Especially when you consider this was a video game.
I agree with that whole post. Especially that Vincent seemed to be the least convincing, as I noticed that as well.
I didn't know that Douglas' VA died before game release. Somehow, that makes me respect the character a little more... lol, as weird as that may sound.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

Actually, I always thought that Douglas voice acting could've used a bit of work at first, but then it just got better after a while :)
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

the voice acting in Silent Hill 3 is not the greatest in history, but it's still solid (and probably the best in the series) and to me it's really memorable too since all of the voice actors have done little else (and especially since Richard Grosse passed away even before the game came out)

on a sidenote it seems that Heather Morris was in that comedy Fired Up :? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1262053/
Kyou
Just Passing Through

Post by Kyou »

Found this for you guys, hope you like it!

Left To Right: Richard Grosse (Douglas), Random Dude, Heather Morris (Heather), Akira Yamaoka, Donna Burke (Claudia), Clifford Rippel (Vincent).
Y hi thar =)
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

wow, Richard Grosse seemed pretty young to have passed away. Do anybody remember what he actually died from? (RIP Richard, no matter how strange you made Douglas' voice :cry: )
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Heh, thanks for posting that picture. I didn't know what most of them looked like. It's cool to see.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

SilentMadness wrote:Do anybody remember what he actually died from? (RIP Richard, no matter how strange you made Douglas' voice :cry: )
it had to do with his lungs or throat, hence the distinctly slow dialogue.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

On the IMDb page it says that he died of liver failure. On the Silent Hill List Of Characters Wiki page, it states that he "died due to liver failure on 12 April 2003 at the age of 54."

Hey, it's been almost exactly 6 years since his death...
nobody is anybody
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

Fargo wrote:Actually, I always thought that Douglas voice acting could've used a bit of work at first, but then it just got better after a while :)
Yeah, I thought it was too slow, but his voice grew on me after a while. And Vincent's talking is spiffy :wink:
Wounded Warsong
Just Passing Through

Post by Wounded Warsong »

Well, that really explains what was up with Douglas's voice. I understand the guy's 50, but he always sounded absolutely ancient to me...

I always though the general problem with the voice acting in a SH game (if any. SH2 was great) was that there was emphasis like there should be, but on the wrong word.
Vincent: "Heather, go ahead and !KILL! this crazy bitch."
Douglas: "You !MET! Claudia?"

It's hard to explain in text, obviously, but the emphasis never sat right with me...
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

Sway West wrote:Douglas is an investigator, and Vincent a priest-- both occupations that require daily interaction with various types of individuals, as well as a level of patience and lucidity while speaking. I think it's appropriate.
I agree.