why is valtiel always harassing nurses?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

It makes sense.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Edea
Just Passing Through

Post by Edea »

Excuse me if this has already been said... I'm not looking thru all the replies.

I think the Valtiel attacking the Fukuro lady (the nurse) is a metaphor for Lisa's spirit being tortured in the otherworld. A hint from Lost Memories.
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Only in one instance: the transition period in the hospital, when Heather is climbing the ladder—that nurse is Lisa Garland. The others throughout the game are not. They're the ones being prepared for metempsychosis.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

hes tormenting/killing the other nurses becuase hes making sure heather is safe, so she can birth god. Thats his job.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Valtiel is preparing them for metempsychosis. Fact.
Last edited by The Adversary on 02 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Supported by the fact that Valtiel never "kills" anything to protect Heather; that's infact antithetical to God's growth.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

MMY wrote:Valtiel is preparing for them metempsychosis. Fact.
it seems that he doesnt kill any nurses, is because hes busy strangling them. Why doesnt he kill them ? becuase they do not exist. In essence hes " strangling" heather/cheryl/alessas fear and anxieties. He's aiding heather by relieving her of stress, therefore she can better birth god.
The monsters dont exist, so they cant be killed. ( dont know about the Missionaries, as they seem to be hallucinated disfigurements of claudias henchmen, as she states.) Even this is sketchy.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Er, of course the monsters exist. They're right there.

He's not killing them because he's not trying to kill them. It's not his job.

Why do you keep challenging the statements of the creators?
Last edited by AuraTwilight on 04 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

It'd be nice if some of you could actually post the relevant quotes when the person you're trying to convince can't find them. . .

From page 84, "The Magician" (italics added for emphasis):
Translated Memories wrote:Valtiel

A mysterious creature that is always lurking near Heather. What is his true
purpose?

. . . he has a unique purpose, a role he plays which enters into the game.

. . . he is the one responsible for resurrecting her many times over. Additionally, the valve handle that Valtiel turns with his left hand represents the idea
that "God can be reborn any number of times," which can be thought of as having significance to the basis of the sect's doctrine.
From page 97, "The Wheel of Fortune":
Translated Memories wrote:Valtiel, who drags Heather away, is an angel that governs the cycle of rebirth
And here Valtiel's unique (ie. singular) purpose is spelled out. So if Valtiel is all about rebirth, and he is seen interacting with seemingly lifeless monsters/manifestations, what's the most logical conclusion?

helldescent: Claudia tells us that the pain and suffering Heather experiences actually nurtures the god inside her, so protecting Heather from harm would actually slow or even prevent the god's birth. In fact, even the creation myth of the Order states that God was born from suffering. While Translated Memories does state that Valtiel is protecting "the mother," it's unlikely that he means to prevent any attacks. If that's his "unique purpose" then he's failing horribly. Valtiel is protecting Heather from death, not from harm. If Heather dies, Valtiel will drag her offscreen and revive her, therefore he has no reason to intervene if she's still alive.
SHF

Post by SHF »

. . . he is the one responsible for resurrecting her many times over. Additionally, the valve handle that Valtiel turns with his left hand represents the idea
that "God can be reborn any number of times," which can be thought of as having significance to the basis of the sect's doctrine.[/quote]

From page 97, "The Wheel of Fortune":
Translated Memories wrote:Valtiel, who drags Heather away, is an angel that governs the cycle of rebirth
And here Valtiel's unique (ie. singular) purpose is spelled out. So if Valtiel is all about rebirth, and he is seen interacting with seemingly lifeless monsters/manifestations, what's the most logical conclusion?

So hes resurrecting heathers enemies so they can hurt her in order to birth god?
If im understanding this, causing heather pain ( e.g; when claudia has her father killed) this is to birth god faster?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, that is indeed correct. And Valtiel's interactions with the monsters is proof, then, that he's resurrecting and/or reincarnating them, too. It's basically all Valtiel does.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Wow. thats weird, but i get it. Is he seen strangling any other kinds of creatures?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Valtiel isn't strangling the monsters. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Youve read in lost memories: silent hill chronicle that valtiel is doing something else?
From what ive read, he is an observer, and rebirther.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You don't need a book to see Valtiel isn't strangling anything: If you look at what it's doing, you can plainly see it holding the creatures by the legs. You can't strangle something by its legs.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

So hes preparing them for reincarnation by dangling them from their legs?
Metempsychosis- transmigration of one's soul.
I dont understand why he needs to do that with the creatures/nurses..
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Humans can't comprehend how metempsychosis works in any belief system's afterlife. The same can be said about Valtiel's method.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

So its really just a mystery how its done/how he does it ? No proof?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

How am I, or anyone, supposed to prove how Valtiel prepares the creatures for metempsychosis? All we need to know is what it's doing—and we already know that.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

He likes their hawt bewbs.