Possible Signifigance of the Sewer Monster?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

KRYSTA-GG- wrote:as you all know same similar scene is present in SH1 in the kitchen, so I guess there is no point in looking for another epical explanation here, SH Team just put same thing so that it would fit for an SH1 sequel, and the diary is to "warn" you from upcoming danger, thats what I think
Exactly the case. It is the same with SH4 when Victim #17 Jasper Gein is seen
wearing a t-shirt bearing the Incubus from SH1. There is no relevence to it other
than that Team Silent sometimes makes inserts with similarities or ties to other
games with no great significance.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I believe Heather has the ability to bring her own fears, nightmares,and thoughts into the real world based on either:
>The fact that she is basically a reincarnation of Allesa.
>The god growing inside her.

At multiple points in the game Heather will find a memo, read it, and then soon after she will encounter the event she just read about. Without even knowing it, she brings these thoughts into the real world. Here are some examples:
>Subway ghost
>Raped nurse
>Sewer monster
>Her prophetic dream about the carnival

Agree or not?
BlackFire

Post by BlackFire »

Claudia would never kill Heather b/c then "God" would never be born.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

The Necronoir wrote:I took it this way -> Alessa reads the article about some monster in the sewer -> as a result the idea is planted in her subconscious and it is only then that she actually makes it 'real'. We see this again and again with Alessa and the creatures in the first game, and Alessa is Heather, so...

I agree since it seems to relate to the ghost in the subway.

Also, tentacles? :wink:

Also, wasn't it supposed to be an alligator? I expected the lizard from SH1 to return.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

has anyone jumped into the water after the creature's been killed?
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Raped nurse
lol wut?

crucifix: I imagine you'd probably just die - I accidentally fell into the water once (but I think it was before the thing was dead) and Heather seriously just plopped like a rock underwater. It was... discouraging to say the least.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Krist. wrote:
Raped nurse
lol wut?
i think he's referring to what can be seen around valtiel in most encounters, which is incorrect as we know.

anyway, i figured she'd die as well, but i've always been oddly curious as to what happens... i think i'll try it myself.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

No, if I remember correctly there is a point in the hospital where you read a memo describing a nurse who was violated by a group of men or something like that and as soon as you're done reading it a nurse appears in the room from around a corner and is covered in blood, more so than usual. This is just something I read about though, on this site somewhere so I don't really know for sure...

Sound familiar 2 anyone?
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

It's the nurse Chrissie. It wasn't a group of men, but the Hospital Director, if I recall? The same one that Stanley mentions if I'm remembering correctly. It's in the Special Treatment room, and that memo is hung up on the wall. I think, though, whether you read it or not, there's going to be a nurse in one of those rooms, but I haven't tried it without reading it.

I don't know if she was raped, either, but even so, what does the nurse have to do with the sewer monster?

edit: Ah, yes. Read that post and I do believe I agree :]
Last edited by five5sixers on 22 Jul 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Read my earlier comment near the top of this page...
valkyre
Just Passing Through

Post by valkyre »

noone might not agree with me, but i think everyhting was there, just in a.....diluted, light form. strange things are always happening in silent hill, just always hiding,in the background.

alessa might have given everything the start,and caused most of this,but it was through silent hill she did it. she wouldnt have been able to do it anywhere else,would she?
when i say "they should add something new", i dont mean "they should add something new thats retarded". thats different.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

^
Nice idea but I doubt it.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

TheRedOne wrote:No, if I remember correctly there is a point in the hospital where you read a memo describing a nurse who was violated by a group of men or something like that and as soon as you're done reading it a nurse appears in the room from around a corner and is covered in blood, more so than usual. This is just something I read about though, on this site somewhere so I don't really know for sure...

Sound familiar 2 anyone?
You can type out familiar but not "to" :lol:

The memo didn't say anything about a group of men. It said that the Director (I believe) was a pervert and that Christie didn't do anything wrong. Actually, Christie and her friends treat patients like shit (I remember this coming up SOMEWHERE, perhaps another memo in SH3 at Brookhaven, how to get away with actually abusing the patients....) so I have no doubt that the 'pervert' probably just punished Christie rightfully. Rape not involved.

Just because there's blood all over the place doesn't automatically = rape. In fact, I never got the indication that rape was a factor at all. My rape senses weren't tingling at this memo. As for the blood all over the place - ... so? There was blood in the confined room in SH2 as well, along with numbers on the walls D:

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there's other possibilities that, to me, make more sense.
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

The memo didn't say anything about a group of men. It said that the Director (I believe) was a pervert and that Christie didn't do anything wrong. Actually, Christie and her friends treat patients like shit (I remember this coming up SOMEWHERE, perhaps another memo in SH3 at Brookhaven, how to get away with actually abusing the patients....) so I have no doubt that the 'pervert' probably just punished Christie rightfully. Rape not involved.
You're right. I just replayed SH3, and on a chart next to the four padded cell rooms in Brookhaven, it says something to the effect of "The trick is to not leave any marks!" Meaning they can abuse the patients all they want as long as there are no bruises or visible indications of harm.. Silent Hill is a sadomasochist's wet dream.

As far as the sewer monster, shockingly, I never made the connection between this one and the one in the Nowhere Alchemilla kitchen. It does make me wonder if it is a remnant in Alessa/Cheryl/Heather's subconscious.

Or another theory that reading the memo causes her to manifest the creature. I like this theory because it borrows from Michael Crichton's Sphere which made for a great book and an enjoyable movie. In fact, a lot of Silent Hill can be attributed to Crichton's work.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

^ And Koontz's, and King's, and Lynch's....

See, I like the idea that Heather reading the memo causes her to manifest it - however, what if you (the player) don't read it? D: Considering that each pass in the game we get is like Heather reliving that nightmare all over again, wouldn't us having her read the memo be needed in order for the monster to manifest at all?
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

Has anyone ever not picked it up and the nurse was not there? If this is the true game mechanic that would be prove to us about the manifestation of Christie. However, if it does show up without reading the file, perhaps its manifested by other means.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

I tried ignoring the memo, and the nurse was still in there and looked the same as always if I remember correctly. However, if anyone recalls the subway ghost, that event does not occur if one does not read the associated memos.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Krist. is probably right. My brain was a bit fuzzy and I couldn't remember EXACTLY what happened to that poor nurse. Kinda makes me want to play the game again, I think I will! *runs to grab game*
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

FiliusMartis wrote:I tried ignoring the memo, and the nurse was still in there and looked the same as always if I remember correctly. However, if anyone recalls the subway ghost, that event does not occur if one does not read the associated memos.
Ah yes, that was a direct manifestation from reading it.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

FiliusMartis wrote:I tried ignoring the memo, and the nurse was still in there and looked the same as always if I remember correctly. However, if anyone recalls the subway ghost, that event does not occur if one does not read the associated memos.
Was there some memos for the sewer thing? Well if was I didn't noticed it and it's still there so Heather didn't just make it up.
Btw what is that moving thing on the bed in the nightmare hospital(the ladders with valtiel after Lisa mention) Looks like the worm what you kill with hair-drier...