News on SH2

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

JRamirez35 wrote:
Which, is just as ambiguous as you could get and still be applicable to the girl they remembered burning 30 years ago.
But you're claiming taht they *never* mention Dark Alessa. When presented with direct quotes saying they do, you pass it off as speculation. Make up your mind already.
Yes. They haven't. They just keep spouting off "Demon" this and that. And you're saying that "beware, evil lies behind the face of a child" proves that they saw the Dark One up and about the streets? Doesn't really... especially since they only bothered mentioning that when Rose was about to go into the hospital ward... where the girl they burned 30 years ago and described IN THE VERY SAME MANNER still lay.
Cristabella said the same thing ("do not be deceived by the guise of innocence before you!") about Young Alessa while she was roasting on the spit.
So? All that proves is that she knows that the entity controlling the town is identical to Alessa.
All that PROVED is that that was how she was describing the bastard child of Dahlia. You're extending it.
And evidence that it was the Bedridden Alessa who strung up the miner? First of all, it's pure speculation (PH is equally capable of doing it) and Second, I thought you were insisting she was immobile in her ward while the Dark One did the dirty work? The Janitor, well, duh. Alessa was molested when she was little.
Oh. My. God. Do you actually read or just make stuff up as you go?
1.) I specifically stated it was Dark Alessa, not Alessa. I'll try to make sure I bold things you might not pay attention to next time.
2.) Please give even one iota of proof found anywhere in the movie that PH is in any way, shape, or form associated with barbed wire. For that matter, give any proof that any creature except Dark Alessa and Alessa uses barbed wire. Any proof at all. Until then, the fact remains that the only creatures seen using barbed wire are Alessa and Dark Alessa, meaning that it's very likely that Dark Alessa personally attacked the miner.
3.) The janitor was killed after Alessa was burned, so the same argument still stands.
And an O. M. G. to you too...
1) You came across as asserting that the Dark One and Bedridden Alessa is essentially inseparable because it was Bedridden Alessa who was actually SHOWN (as opposed to just IMPLIED) using the barbed wire. Don't bother highlighting in bold text, just as long as you word your sentences as implicitly as you actually meant is enough, thank you very much.

2) The barbed wire is right there on top of the fence where the miner was strung up. You thought Alessa or her consort would be arsed to show up in person before a mere MINER because ONLY SHE can use barbed wire, even if it's just there in coils? As with every other chain-link fence in the area? Even if PH is adequate in the height department and has the necessary strength to hold one person up by the neck and rip off their skin? You're right... I don't know how I could have ever gotten that idea.

3) Well, I don't know about you but the Janitor seemed pretty lively to me when he was coming out of the cubicle. But then again we're really blank on the subject of whether he's dead or not, so let's consider this a blind alley, shall we?
It obviously made sense to Aura because he didn't bring it up again. It didn't make sense to you because it wasn't directed in response to you. Because in the first place, I didn't write it in a context relevant to anything you've written before.
Are you assuming I am so stupid that I can't read any posts except those directed at me? I've read your posts and Aura's posts, and none of that changes the fact that what you said makes no sense . Though, at this point, that seems to be a common feature in your posts.
I actually bothered to explain this again in detail when I replied to Aura, just before I replied to this particular post of yours. Just read it there if you INDEED bother to read previous posts
You're just as equally pure, unsourced and unevidencially speculative about who did in the eviscerated Miner and the Janitor.
Funny, I used evidence seen in the movie (as opposed to stuff not seen in the movie, as you prefer to use) to prove why Dark Alessa was responsible for them.
Funny too, see, I never actually saw in the movie how the Dark One personallykilled someone before (or ANYONE, for that matter). Unless you have a version of the movie that was not publicly released... your attempt at taking the high hand is pointless.
if the Dark One can interact with Alessa, why the heck not with her Doppelganger? And I happened to include Rose in the List of People Who See the Dark One, didn't I? But tell me, did the Dark One ever appear to Dahlia? To Cristabella?
*facepalm* Seriously? Please read the freaking post before you reply!
You stated that the Red Nurse could do everything Dark Alessa was doing, I refuted that and pointed out that she could not speak for Alessa, or lead Rose around the town, or carry Sharon to the orphanage. I never said that Dark Alessa can't interact with Alessa, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
What is known is that Christabella explicitly states that the entity that controls the town "hides behind the face of a child" and that Dahlia refers to Dark Alessa as "the dark one", implying that she is fully aware that one dark entity is controlling the entire town, something she would only be aware of had she seen Dark Alessa.
I did "read the freaking post before I replied". WHICH IS WHY I INCLUDED ROSE IN THE LIST. I mentioned the Red Nurse was doing what the Dark One cannot because we never see the Dark One monitor Bedridden Alessa's life-support system. Did she? Or am I missing another screenshot that magically appeared outside the movie? A manifestation could TALK, I'm perfectly aware of that.
Answer: Up to Speculation
The difference is, there's strong implication that they can, and absolutely no proof anywhere that they can't.
And there's also strong implication that PH did the Miner, and absolutely no proof elsewhere that he can't either.
Again, you accuse me of speculating... and then retort with a speculation of your own. Is there a Special Non-Applicability Clause you're entitled to with regards to accusing people of things? 'Cause you did that too in saying I'm the one taking Christophe Gans' words out of context.
There's a No Super Ridiculous Speculation Backed Up By Absolutely No Evidence And Actually Contradicted By Common Sense and Simple Logic clause. You seem to have broken it several times. I'm amused that you consider speculation which involves real facts from the film on the same level as speculation that is based on nothing and which is refuted by the movie itself.
"refuted" by the movie? Your movie refutation was purely based on the assumption that "Alessa nd the Dark One can do it, so maybe they did". Guess what? "PH can do it too, so maybe he did."
Ambiguous? How about you PERSISTENTLY misrepresenting a quote to "prove" your assertion, when it clearly doesn't?
Yes, it does. In fact, that same quote has been posted in MULTIPLE threads all up and down this board for over a year now, and you are the ONLY person who has ever claimed it's misrepresented.
Because I'm the only one who happened to point out that he made a major error while ACTUALLY talking about the game
Because, unless you've got other DIRECT quotes from Gans besides the one I keep repeating and highlighting in bold text and italics, you've got a problem with the structure of your theory, ma'am... especially if it's built solely on that quote.
You mean, quotes like saying he hired Jodelle to play "multiple interpretations of a same character" while he conveniently makes no mention of an outside entity, or Gans stating that the whole point of the movie is that each person has the ability to become god or the devil? Who would "the devil" be in the movie? It's quite obvious. Or even Jodelle outright stating that Dark Alessa is "the bad part of Alessa" and telling Conan O'Brien that she plays "different sides of one character", when that wouldn't be true if the adult Alessa was Alessa's dark side.
Still emphatically pointing out here that Jodelle played both Young Alessa and Sharon, y'know.

Okay... you're losing me on this one. You basically say that Gans saying Alessa split into good and bad sides DISCREDITS my theory but I, once again say, NEVER DENIED THAT. BECAUSE I SAID SHE SPLIT INTO BEDRIDDEN ALESSA AND SHARON.
Gans saying that she's living in three bodies certainly does. It's also notable that he directly refers to the dark side as "devil". In no way is adult Alessa meant to play a "devil" character in the movie, but Dark Alessa is.
For the Nth Time again, Gans was, by his own words, TALKING ABOUT THE GAME. AND HE MADE A BOO-BOO. Because if he wasn't, he just called his OWN work "an amazing story" with the same cheeky asshole arrogance of Uwe Boll.
And you keep saying he said THE MOVIE was about a character that "lives in the bodies of an adult and two children" but you keep yourself blinded to THE FACT THAT HE INSERTED THE WORDS "THE FIRST GAME TELLS THE AMAZING STORY" BEFORE THAT PHRASE.
Except there is no game in existence that tells that story. However, the movie shows an adult woman who has two children who are identical to her, one of whom is referred to as "what's left of her goodness" and the other who calls herself "the dark part of Alessa". It is not that hard to understand that he mixed the plots up, as it's really freaking obvious .
Except that you still keep forgetting that he was obviously talking about the game at that moment because he mentioned SH2 in conjunction about keeping parallels with the concept of multiple personas in the series. Don't you think he would have said "THE MOVIE IS OPERATING ON THE PREMISE OF..." if he is, in fact, thinking about the movie at the moment???
What's so hard about using common sense in forcing yourself to read that? You're just wasting sweat hammering a round peg into a square hole when there's a round hole in front of you.
I'M the one that's using common sense. You're the one who keeps screaming that Gans is talking about a videogame that doesn't exist/a character that is never mentioned in the article.
So you think. Still doesn't change Gans' words.
As obvious as the movie entity being officially called "THE Red Pyramid" but we still keep referring to him as Pyramid Head? Oh come on... this doesn't even require waste of thought.
It's called The Red Pyramid in the games, genius, that's why it has the same freaking name in the film. And saying that still does not explain why he named her "Dark Alessa" when, according to you, she isn't Alessa at all. Why not just call her "The Reaper"? She refers to herself by that name in the film, and people would understand that. But that's not her name, instead her name directly says she's a dark version of Alessa.
Because Official Names on the site aren't really indicative of anything about the background of the characters. Take the Official Name of the Dark Nurses for instance. Are they the dark halves of the nurses' souls then? Or is it more logical to assume that they got that name because A)they LOOK LIKE friggin' nurses and B)Adding the title "Dark" to something makes it sound cooler?
Well then, did he get SH1's plot CORRECTLY by saying it's "an amazing storyof an adult woman who also exists as two little girls, good and bad doubles representing who she was when she was hurt"?
As I stated about fifteen times now, he was talking about the movie and got the two plots mixed up. It's totally understandable when you think about the fact that he was completely immersed in making the movie at the time and would have spent every day for over a year living and breathing the movie's storyline.
And as I said before, if he was talking about the film's plot at the moment, he wouldn't have used the words "...in the first game", "...an amazing story...", and "... just as with SH2..." in a single description.
And of course, he didn't see Memory of Alessa in SH3 BEFORE he came up with the idea of a grungy doppelganger as the character design for the Dark One. 'Cos he's so original he doesn't need inspirations.
Um, how do you know that? Is this another of your Super Ridiculous Speculation Backed Up By No Evidence and Actually Contradicted By Common Sense and Simple Logic moments? He could easily have used Samara from The Ring as inspiration, or Alma Wade from FEAR, or Reagan from The Exorcist. Nah... There's NO way he could have possibly used a source YOU don't think he did! :roll:
^Applause for the total pretense of not getting what I meant. Admirable, but the ranting costs you Maturity Points.

Suggesting that he wasn't wasting the interview spoon-feeding the audience the whole story was a nonsensical point?
That's not what you were saying. Stop changing your story. You were claiming that not mentioning Christabella was somehow related to not mentioning an external entity. As I pointed out, that makes no sense because he was talking about the actress who plays Dark Alessa and why he hired her, but never once mentions he wanted her to play an entity external from Alessa
Changing my story? wasn't I continuing on from explaining why I said Gans not mentioning an external entity was him being tactful in spoiling the plot in that interview?
I stated that I don't give her much credence for understanding the entirety of the plot.
Did you work on the set of the movie? Did you play the role of Dark Alessa in the film? Do you know Jodelle personally? Until you can say 'yes' to any of these, you're just ignoring facts and evidence.
And unless you're able to telepathically tap into Cristophe Gans' mind and her mind and see that they are in fact on the same page about the plot, you're not being as foolproof as you purport to be. I'm sticking to a quantifiable qualifier like age-level comprehension, kthnx.
And as for missing the point of why I'm saying you're purposefully misrepresenting Gans' quote as stubbornly as a medieval Flat Earth Perspective fanatic, I facepalm in exasperation.
As I pointed out, you are the ONLY one who thinks that. Your lack of common sense defies all understanding. I seriously can't tell if you're just trolling for fun or if you really believe some of the stuff you're claiming.
I'll save you the bother of speculation. I believe. And I choose to do so.
It's fortunate you never got to write an FAQ for the movie in the Sticky Board... you'd be passing off an erroneous interpretation as Absolute Truth.
Um, I never asked Vixx if I could. I wouldn't expect to write one without her consent and, since I never asked her for it, I wouldn't expect it at this point. And what would your FAQ have? A bunch of garbage that makes no sense and contradicts itself? Cause that's pretty much the gist of every single post you've made in this thread.
You did, however, aver that "we should have an FAQ here to avoid repeating questions" on the topic of Alessa's schism. Which, if indeed posted, would have killed off all further exploration because it'd have your stamp of Being Absolute By the Power of Gans' Quote.

And I am against posting of ANY FAQ WHATSOEVER because so far, you kept failing to address that your theory was supported by a single quote with problematic content. AND the fact that the Director hasn't come out yet and confirmed EXPLICITLY the true facts about Alessa's portrayal in the film with an official movie guide, as opposed to fragmented interviews.

So, label me as being merely a trolling dickhead if you want, I haven't been swayed one bit and will no longer bother replying to this discussion further and I see that you won't be swayed anyway... but until the day that happens, your stipulations still stand as purely personal interpretation even if many agree with you.

You can, however, expect a public apology from me if Gans or a second movie conclusively proves me wrong.
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
Phantom Allure

Post by Phantom Allure »

Final say on this:
Apparently common sense doesn't apply either. It's just the most ridiculous thing that someone would actually argue that Dark Alessa can't be seen because none of the cultists paid attention to her while there was a woman with barbed wire ripping them to pieces.
Dahlia couldn't even be arsed to react when Cristabella was being skewered directly over her... And a dancing version of her daughter was prancing before her (as Dahlia is on the altar steps). Hnn... still can't find that recognition of the Dark One's presence there.
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I've seen stupid arguments about Dark Alessa, but yours takes the cake. Hell, yours takes 10 cakes and a box of cupcakes. I cannot believe someone would actually believe the crap you've been posting. I can see some of the reasons people would use for believing Dark Alessa is an external entity, but yours are just so ridiculous and full of fail it's amazing. You happily change what you said, make stuff up, ignore stuff there is strong evidence for, refuse to use intelligence or common sense, and then get mad when people call you on it. Thank God you won't be posting more of your willful ignorance on this thread.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

^ mmmm cupcakes :)

Everyone: Peace and love!
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Yeah, cupcakes are pretty awesome in the realm of great foods.

BTW, happy birthday :D
Phantom Allure

Post by Phantom Allure »

JRamirez35 wrote:I've seen stupid arguments about Dark Alessa, but yours takes the cake. Hell, yours takes 10 cakes and a box of cupcakes. I cannot believe someone would actually believe the crap you've been posting. I can see some of the reasons people would use for believing Dark Alessa is an external entity, but yours are just so ridiculous and full of fail it's amazing. You happily change what you said, make stuff up, ignore stuff there is strong evidence for, refuse to use intelligence or common sense, and then get mad when people call you on it. Thank God you won't be posting more of your willful ignorance on this thread.
Now, now. I've never really changed any of my arguments except when the other side presents factual evidence for rebutting one of my postulations. The only reason I've decided to refrain from further debate is that it essentially resolves nothing in a definitive no-doubt-about manner unlike if Gans himself were to step in.

I happen to resent that you accuse me of "making stuff up", but never mind... Let's just wait for the next film or an official movie book, shall we?
Greenkai3000
Just Passing Through

Post by Greenkai3000 »

Not sure if anyone's read this but here's the latest on a SH movie sequel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/

:D
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

IMDB doesn't mean shit, and is constantly full of lies and misinformation.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

^ that.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I'm playing REmake at the moment, and what I've seen of the RE movies pisses me off. And capcom must be completely retarded to pass on George Romero's offer to write/direct. And I'm glad SH2 is taking a while to come out, because it won't be like the RE movies that get spat out every 2 years or so. The quality will probably be better thgis way.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

If this really is in production, it's been in production probably for a while and that's good news. Hopefully they'll spend more time on it than the retarded RE movie sequels.
pingtold
Just Passing Through

Post by pingtold »

I've contacted the producer of the SH movie and he's assured that the sequel is in development and the shoot starts next year. So it's official.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Who is this producer and can you offer proof that he said what you claim he did?
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

Also, how the hell did you get his email address?
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

I also spoke to christophe gans he has confirmed to me over the telephone he is coming back as director and they are going to make the 2nd movie based on homecoming***

***disclaimer of course I am lying!***

but on the serious side when it comes out I will be one to go see it I like the ideas on what the movie could be based on all very interesting will await more info and new like the rets of you guys until then
pingtold
Just Passing Through

Post by pingtold »

Google Dom Carmondy and you can contact him through his webpage.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

And you can prove that Don Carmody responded to you?
pingtold
Just Passing Through

Post by pingtold »

Here's a screenshot of the email I received after contacting him through his official website. I honestly don't know why it's so hard to believe. I know I'm new and you don't know me but I'm not a liar.

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It has nothing to do with a personal attack against you, it's just that the simple reality is that the internet is full of people who make stuff up for attention. Hell, there was a guy on IMDb a couple of months ago claiming to be Christophe Gans and saying he had the script to the second movie. People on the internet lie all the time, and it's something you have to be careful of. Even if an older member put that up, we would still ask him/ her to provide proof before we believed them.
pingtold
Just Passing Through

Post by pingtold »

True. Well now you know so we can all celebrate the coming of SH2.