Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Sep 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Mar 2006
Notes left: 761
Last seen at: Alternate Madison, WI
As I was reading that I was trying not to cry or laugh.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2006
Notes left: 728
Last seen at: Oslo, Norway
Video Gamer wrote:
Chrism~ wrote:
I hope it's true, it's about damn time that we see something going on. Here's another link with another source.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_16342.html

Seeing as though that source got the summary for the first movie wrong, I won't trust anything about the second. =/

I just treat it like a Fox News episode, they might always be completely wrong and biased but at least there is a reference to what is really going on. Might just be wishful thinking =\

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
I just read the summary... wow, I kind of wonder if he even watched the movie. I too am going to wish for a ring of truth in all of this, but I feel like if it ever does happen, it'll be a long time. Like, maybe I'll have finished college by that time or something :\

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Dec 2008
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Australia
Hahahaha, that summary was hilarious. Honestly...

"The film tells the story of a woman who, desperate to save her dying child. Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. She intends to take the girl to a faith healer."

... What? Are they talking about the same movie?

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Oct 2008
Notes left: 925
That was a popular summary that went around before the movie was released. It turned out to not be the one they ultimately went with though.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
>Might just be wishful thinking =\

I'd say so. If they can't even get a source right about a movie that's ALREADY RELEASED (srsly, just go to fucking IMDB and you'll have a summary), they can't get it right for a movie that probably won't be.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Lauz41 wrote:
Hahahaha, that summary was hilarious. Honestly...

"The film tells the story of a woman who, desperate to save her dying child. Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. She intends to take the girl to a faith healer."

... What? Are they talking about the same movie?

That plot was released by somone within Sony (if I recall correctly) and it was quickly taken back, but several websites still use it despite that it has glaring contradictions to the movie (referring to Dark Alessa as a demon, Sharon dying, the faith healer, etc.). It's believed that someone in the company decided to play a joke (or was just an idiot) and did a damned good job of it.

Post subject: Re: News on SH2

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11057
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
JRamirez35 wrote:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_14109.html
According to their source, SH2 will begin filming in Canada sometime soon. God, I hope their source is right!

Canada?

Monster: EHGHAHGHEHGHAGHAGHEHGAEGEHGGE SPRRRRRRRRRT, eh?

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jun 2004
Notes left: 334
Last seen at: Los Angeles, CA
Didn't they film the first one in Canada as well? But yea, that's what the guy from Fangoria said as well.

Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
Avery can fuck off, Gans can (but won't) stay. I hope this is true, even though the first film wasn't perfect I'd still like them to give it another shot with a sequel. It's been ages since we've heard anything as well, thanks for posting.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2008
Notes left: 6
Last seen at: Room 302
I really hope the film will be based by the story of silent hill 4 : the room. It's very awesome!

Post subject:

SH4 would be extremely dificult to adapt. I mean, they couldn't even do it in the game, let alone a film.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2006
Notes left: 879
Last seen at: Edinburgh, UK
Just watch 1408, thats as close as you may get to a SH4 adaption, minus the whole god thing

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7
There's nothing more in this world that I'd love more than to see Silent Hill on the big screen again.

I've talked to a lot of my friends about it, they said that since the game is pretty big, there will most likely be someone daring enough to make a sequel. Then again, who are we but some fans. We'll never know for sure...

One thing that gets me is that the first SH movie left almost no room to make a direct sequel. The demonic or dark side of Alessa controlled what went on, and now that she's happy and the issue at hand was resolved (and she got revenge on the townspeople) there's not much more you can work into that story. Unless they did try to recreate SH2 and have Chris receive letters from Rose or something, but even still...who would be "controlling" Silent Hill? They'd have to create an entirely new explanation or story behind it and disconnect from the first adaptation and then go from there.
Perhaps I'm just ignorant on the topic since I'm still sort of new to the games. They should have made SH more mysterious in the movie and not personified it like they did. And if they had to do that to adapt to the first game, at least make it to where there was still room to create a sequel. In my eyes, Rose would have really had to piss off Sharon/New Alessa so that should could go all crazy again, thus opening up the nightmare world for the newest victim.

Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
The only way they could make a sequel that won't refute the ending of the first film (or elicit more groans from people who hated the fact that they mishmashed the first two games together) would be to create a whole new story independent of the existing ones (both in-game and first movie).

Although let's hope they won't get any ideas about "adapting" (Hollywood-style) SH2 just because it was a standalone. *shivers*

Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
They already screwed Silent Hill by making a hollywood summer blockbuster out of it, I'd rather see them staying the hell away from the series.

I'd rather see someone doing a completely different movie INSPIRED by Silent Hill... well, that's what I'm doing anyway.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Feb 2009
Notes left: 61
Last seen at: Hell of the colder variety
As much as I'm adoring The Room right now, it would be hard to make into a screen play. d20 game, sure. I'd probably tear my eyes out though if I had to watch someone going through that stupid prison without at least a controller in my hands, trying to find a button combo to make Henry bash his head into the wall.

Drawing from SH:H would be hideously ironic.

And I haven't played any of the other games to really give any commentary. From the snippets I've heard about SH2 it sounds like it could be doable to use it as inspiration, though I agree with some of the other posters that a movie based entirely on the game (even though I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet) would be a tad dull.

I did love the first movie, and it was the first movie that sparked the first seed of interest in the games, so I'd probably go see it regardless. I'm a horror movie junkie.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2008
Notes left: 6
Last seen at: Room 302
There's two vers of SH 2 story (as far as I've read it at some sources)..
Chris come to SH to find Rose n Sharon. Then he meet a young girl named Laura and someone else. There's a rumour that Maria will appear.
Other vers is there's a journalist who want write an articel about SH arrive at there and meet a girl named Kara. Maybe she's Sharon?
Which is the true about the sequel story?

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Nov 2006
Notes left: 1076
Last seen at: indiana, u.s. of a
even though l enjoyed the movie, l gotta say, l hope there isn't anudder juan. you can never match the disturbing creepiness that is silent hill on the big screen because there is no interactivity. sure you could scream like some pansies that were in the theater when l saw it, but, it's not the same as deciding where the character is going.

Post subject:

Not being in control can be even scarier. SiLent_eViL neither of those plot lines are true/real.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next