Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 16 Oct 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2007
Notes left: 128
Last seen at: Shadow Island
pingtold wrote:
True. Well now you know so we can all celebrate the coming of SH2.

Hurray! Hopefully, this movie will be about the same level as the first(I didn't think it really justified the game, but what the hell. I thought it was a good movie anyway.)

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

"Ah! Global warming went up 10%, just as wanted!"

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jul 2009
Notes left: 12
Last seen at: Memphis, TN
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... c0871d9a9b :shock: :D :twisted:

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
pingtold wrote:
Here's a screenshot of the email I received after contacting him through his official website. I honestly don't know why it's so hard to believe. I know I'm new and you don't know me but I'm not a liar.

Gans said "Script process, hopefully next year" when people emailed him in 2006. Forgive me if I don't take the email to mean anything.

Quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ia88ac756513e0fd963a8e1c0871d9a9b Shocked Very Happy Twisted Evil

Thanks for posting a link everyone's already read in the thread almost right under this one.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2008
Notes left: 516
^Jesus, it's not like that's the only time someone has done that. Seriously.
That information should've been posted here instead of having it's own thread, technically.

Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
Yeah, PMT or what?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Aug 2009
Notes left: 9
AuraTwilight wrote:
pingtold wrote:
Here's a screenshot of the email I received after contacting him through his official website. I honestly don't know why it's so hard to believe. I know I'm new and you don't know me but I'm not a liar.

Gans said "Script process, hopefully next year" when people emailed him in 2006. Forgive me if I don't take the email to mean anything.

Quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ia88ac756513e0fd963a8e1c0871d9a9b Shocked Very Happy Twisted Evil

Thanks for posting a link everyone's already read in the thread almost right under this one.

Well that's what the producer, Dom Carmondy has said and I'll take HIS word for it over the various webpages that say that it's been cancelled.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Aug 2008
Notes left: 53
Last seen at: CA
it's not much, but it's something.

Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3362
CodenameJ wrote:
it's not much, but it's something.

Nice! It's in storyboard phase! Maybe Avary's time in prison might help for inspiration! :P Heh it'd be nice spooky trivia and marketing! Silent Hill 2: A movie so horrifying it was written by a prison inmate! :P

Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
Safe, glad things are moving on. Thanks for the update.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 May 2009
Notes left: 263
Last seen at: Indiana
Hmmm what if his sentence is prolonged? I guess the script could still make it to production if he is still in jail.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Why would his sentence be prolonged? If anything, he'll probably get out early for good behavior.

Post subject:

Avary's going to shank bitches in jail and say he's working out scenes for his new movie.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Sep 2009
Notes left: 475
Last seen at: Behind the pipes
I don't know much about the "going to jail" bit, but if he's been convicted based on redundant behavior and potentially hurt/killed someone, he deserves to go to jail and does not deserve a reduced time just because he's working on a Silent Hill movie.

As for the movie itself, I hope it takes cues from the series and makes it it's own stand alone tale rather than trying to shoe horn it onto the story of the first one.

Don't get me wrong, Silent Hill was the best game to movie adaption to date. That being said, they could have done better by staying closer to the game instead of making them christian radicals, Dahlia was a good person, and PH being there for no reason.

If the second one ties into the first movies plot I'm going to be rather let down and unsure if I'll see it. I would actually like to see them do a decent job, but make it it's own entity.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Quote:
I don't know much about the "going to jail" bit, but if he's been convicted based on redundant behavior and potentially hurt/killed someone, he deserves to go to jail and does not deserve a reduced time just because he's working on a Silent Hill movie.

Avary has had no prior arrests.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Silent Hill was the best game to movie adaption to date. That being said, they could have done better by staying closer to the game instead of making them christian radicals, Dahlia was a good person, and PH being there for no reason.

The cultists weren't Christian.

Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
>The cultists weren't Christian.

Eh? But weren't they reciting verses from Revelations as they prayed? :?

Post subject:

Yes, they were. Lots of religions that aren't Christian adapt parts of the Bible into their own faiths. They're Manichaeists

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Gans stated in the Behind The Scenes that they have aspects of many religions, but do not belong to any known belief system, though the original script says they were Manichaeists. Either way, they're not Christian.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2890
Isn't Manichaeism a branch of gnosticism, which is in effect, just a different form of Christianity?

Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
I myself kind of got the vibe that the movie Cult was simply an extremist Puritan offshoot... I mean, witchhunts aren't exactly as big a deal with other religions as they are with Christianity...

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

From the original script:
Quote:
We judge because the Souls of all History are in the balance. And... because we're NOT Christians. We're Manachiests. The testaments of Matthew and the other disciples of Jesus are what led to the End of Days we are now in. We follow the old ways. Seperation of Spirit and Flesh are the doctrines by which we live. And our faith has never failed us. It keeps the Darkness of Hell at bay.

Carol Spier also stated in the Behind The Scenes that the church was specifically built NOT to look Christian. Now why would they do that if the cultists were Christian?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next