Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Dec 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2008
Notes left: 6
Last seen at: Room 302
It's SH 2 film's story..
Many sources said that

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
They're made up by the fans. Trust me.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 3634
Last seen at: Federative Republic of Butts
Someone posted those synopsis on IMDB and then the rest of the internet ate them up.

Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 May 2008
Notes left: 317
Last seen at: finland
I like to see new movie, but when im thinking again i dont want to see new movie.
I like that and i dont like same time

silent hill forum in finland

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Those plot synopsises are rumors, nothing more.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2009
Notes left: 3
der Morgenstern Czigany wrote:
Everyone keeps chit-chatting about a sequel. But I'm not holding my breath. Not until I see some pictures and/or a preview.

I saw a site that said that it wasn't supposed to even begin filming until 2010, because people are complaining the it doesn't follow the SH2 game. (don't remember site though :?)

P.S. Last time I checked (directed to those complaining) this was a movie, movie sequels have to keep coherency, for those who have no idea that it was a game in the first place. But that's just my opinion.

Post subject:

Might wanna sort that avatar out mate.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Notes left: 543
Last seen at: Finland
^ Definitely.

It's not like they f'd up the first movie because of too little understanding on what was really happening in the games but rather the director and the writer both said they changed the plot to fit for a movie (whatever the hell that means). But hey SH2, cool.

Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
Larson wrote:
^ Definitely.

It's not like they f'd up the first movie because of too little understanding on what was really happening in the games but rather the director and the writer both said they changed the plot to fit for a movie (whatever the hell that means). But hey SH2, cool.

That meanas that they rewrote the script to fit the kind of storytelling that a movie demands. If you can't see a difference between a game and a movie then, well...

The reason it failed was that they tried to squeeze too much in it and they forgot that Silent Hill plays "small" keys until certain finales and even those are often more big within the characters then by outside measures. There's not enough character drama in the movie compared to the games... and I mean character subtext drama not some horseshit external and physical dramatic event, because I know some will misread "drama" into something physical...

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Notes left: 543
Last seen at: Finland
^ I know. I wrote that sidenote because I felt betrayed and I cursed at the fact that they had to do so. It wasn't fun at all.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Apr 2009
Notes left: 15
Last seen at: Kissimmee, FL, USA
Can't wait, i own the SH movie but since i haven't played the original game (yet, hoping to fix that little detail soon) i couldn't really appreciate or hate the movie as a movie based off of a video game.

I'am however looking forward to the SH2 movie, loved SH2's story and can't wait to see it transferred to the big screen.

Post subject:

If a) it's even being made and b) will be based upon the second game.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3265
Last seen at: United States, Texas
Even if they did make a Silent Hill 2 adaptation, I'm sure the won't be able to do it justice. If they come out with another Silent Hill movie, fine. But I'm definitely not watching it in theaters. And I'm also one of the people who don't want Avery back. The "SILENT HILL!" scream at the beginning of the movie was just horrible........ :roll:

Until you are near

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
I don't want Avery back either. The dialogue was the one part of the movie I didn't like.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
I thought she was good, as far as child actors go... I mean parts were damn impressive for her age, but rarely is a child actor perfect.

Eh, I'm not a picky person.

So, the big question, is this an adaptation of Silent Hill 2, an all new new Silent Hill story, or a follow-up to the first movie?

The way movies tend to be, my money would be on the latter, but at the same time I'd love a SH2 adaptation film. I could imagine James' revelation being popular with the critics.

I've yet to see a sequel to an adaptation or remake that's actually based on sequel source material though, aside from comic books and the occasional novel.

Post subject:

They'll probably do a Resident Evil and try and mesh (read: mangle) both canons into one e.g. Chris becoming James.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
I did wonder about that, actually. Chris going into Silent Hill to look for Rose and getting his own version of SH... I wouldn't mind that, it wouldn't hurt it, but obviously Chris didn't kill Rose or anything like that, so James' biggest piece of character development would be lost, unless they could come up with something else.

One thing I did think - at the end of the movie, it's clear that Sharon is acting weird. She hasn't said a word since passing out when Alessa looked at her, and she seems to wander around her home with that spooky look on her face - I wonder if when Alessa looks right at her and she passes out is them merging, to form who in the game canon we know as Heather.... So perhaps the sequel could even be based on Silent Hill 3, even if very loosely?

Post subject:

That's another theory that's been banded about, yeah.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2008
Notes left: 826
Last seen at: Houston, Tx
Even gans said that he would make the 2nd movie to tie in the questions that were left unaswered, especially about sharon/alessa. So I think it would be plausible to make the movie using the plot of the 3rd game.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
SilentMadness wrote:
Even gans said that he would make the 2nd movie to tie in the questions that were left unaswered, especially about sharon/alessa. So I think it would be plausible to make the movie using the plot of the 3rd game.

Gans has since said definitely not making the second.

Mr.FLOOT wrote:
Avery can stay away, Gans did a good job I think. I loved the look and feel of the 1st film, i just didn't like the story cos it's just not that good.

I feel the same. I think Gans nailed the environment and atmosphere of the series, it was just the script/storyline that left me wanting more.

Numb Body01 wrote:
SH4 would be extremely dificult to adapt. I mean, they couldn't even do it in the game, let alone a film.

OUCH! Aww. :( Poor The Room. I thought it was feckin' awesome myself.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next