Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Jan 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
I LOVED the story of The Room (What I played of it, still gotta go further into it!), I could only dream of a movie of that kind of concept, though it's structure would perhaps work better as a TV series or perhaps it should just stay a game :P

I really enjoyed the script/story of the film, I guess it's just that you can't cram a whole series' mythology into 90 minutes of film... I mean perhaps adding a sequel could expand the theatrical version of the SH universe a little eh?

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
I think it's time for Tarantino to step in. LAWL NOT

I would be much happier if they chose to make the second film completely independent from the first, then they could peruse SH2's story line separately. It would be completely wrong if they went with What's-His-Face going back to SH to search for Rose. There would be no twist in the end! [spoiler]There's no way he could have killed Rose like James killed Mary.[/spoiler] And, that's just a waste of a good story, right there.

Oh and btw, Avary is pretty much confirmed as being involved with the second film.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16154

Apparenty, they got the info from BAMF Chuck Palahniuk and who's gonna argue with him?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 May 2009
Notes left: 263
Last seen at: Indiana
If this is true, I hope Avary does a better job at the script. I loved the first film to pieces, but the script could use serious work as far as dialogue goes. And if this isn't true, then a new writer could be a good idea.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3368
Last seen at: United States, Texas
kideatsu wrote:
If this is true, I hope Avary does a better job at the script. I loved the first film to pieces, but the script could use serious work as far as dialogue goes. And if this isn't true, then a new writer could be a good idea.

Avery isn't coming back. He's got vehicular manslaughter charges to deal with. And a good thing he isn't coming back.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Thank goodness! I bet he has scriptslaughter charges to deal with as well. :lol:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Mar 2006
Notes left: 761
Last seen at: Alternate Madison, WI
I certainly hope so.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
I think Avary thought he could make the film's dialogue match the game's- which just doesn't work. Yes, all of the SH characters in every game are known for saying dumb and obvious things, but it doesn't work so well in the movie world.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2009
Notes left: 189
Last seen at: Get your own.
I thought it was Gans who made avery rewrite the script several times. He wanted more women for one. He changed the ending from the initial forgiveness concept to a stereotypical KILL EM ALL type ending. I blame Gans.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

I'm glad Gans is not returning. And seriously, what's wrong with Harry (he's not a girly man!)? If there's a better script next time and all, I may have to see the movie out of curiosity.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11385
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
I thought it was Gans who made avery rewrite the script several times. He wanted more women for one. He changed the ending from the initial forgiveness concept to a stereotypical KILL EM ALL type ending. I blame Gans.

Actually, the executive producer wanted the script rewritten so that there'd be more men, thus why we get the whole thing in the real world with Rose's husband.

Quote:
And seriously, what's wrong with Harry (he's not a girly man!)?

Well, for one, Harry wouldn't work with this plotline as well, since they were trying to create a foil between Dahlia and Rose that doesn't exist in the game.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2009
Notes left: 189
Last seen at: Get your own.
Ooooh I goofed. We could have done without that too. I know i read the ending was changed three times. First she was meant to forgive them or something, then it was a pyramid head slaughter, and it ended up with the barbed wire ending.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

I believe the foil could have existed between Harry and Dahlia if they tried hard enough. A parent is a parent, mother or father, and it could have been successful. But alas, that film is already made, and with a fairly interesting foil in it.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
I hope that gans make the film as the second game or almost the same, because the first film was not as good as it would be making it as the story of the first game, taking harry as the main character not a woman that does not appear on any of the games, but let's wait :?

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3368
Last seen at: United States, Texas
adjasin wrote:
I hope that gans make the film as the second game or almost the same, because the first film was not as good as it would be making it as the story of the first game, taking harry as the main character not a woman that does not appear on any of the games, but let's wait :?

We're not even sure if he's coming back. Last time I heard, he was working on Onimusha.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
I'm still wishing that Guillermo del Toro would waltz all up in here like, "Oh what's up, guys, I'm going to be your series savior for this evening."

Sure his work has a more "fantasy" slant than "blood & rust" horror, but I know that if he were into Silent Hill and did and SH movie, he would not disappoint. That man knows how to fuck with heads.

And because I only just saw Paranoia Agent the other day (yeah, I'm like... what, four, five years behind the times?) I want to throw in that if they ever made an animated miniseries or movie of Silent Hill, it would be godly if it were done by the same team that did Paranoia Agent (animation team, directing team, and Satoshi Kon. Oh my balls, YES, Satoshi Motherfuckin' Kon.)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Yeah, Paranoia Agent is pretty kick ass. And an ani-SH sounds pretty cool too...you never know, they have made a bunch of comics already. And new games, music, a feature film. Who knows what's next.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

I'd like to see Chiaki J. Konaka, the genius behind Serial Experiments Lain and the Big O, do an ani-SH. With music by Akira Yamaoka of course.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
Oh yes, definitely. Lain was an amazing anime, too. They really need to do the anime SH, but not that big sparkly eye or pretty-boy Code Geass crap. We need a studio that can draw men that look like men and women that look like women. Lain is a good example of that, as is Perfect Blue, Paprika, the more serious Studio Ghibli stuff, and Ghost in the Shell.

I would love to see it handled by Production IG or Madhouse.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

This idea actually excites me as a fanboy, and makes me wish they'd do it. But back to topic...

When, and if, they make SH2, we're pretty in the dark about the story or anything for that matter. Any ideas of where they are going to go with it? Like story wise? If that's too much, does anyone know when this project may possibly start kicking off? My guess is within the next few years, but I could be wrong. I'm just not having luck finding actual info on the matter.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2009
Notes left: 90
Last seen at: Colorado
In my opinion Avery is a good scriptwriter, I mean look at his work with Pulp Fiction, but it's like with SH he kinda dumbed himself down, dialogue I can't complain about the games are a lot worse in those terms. Story wise I thought the movie was too cliched they went with the typical crazy Christian cult that started it all from witch burnings thus an angry little girl was burned and created the alternate dimensions of SH. But Hollywood never transitions a game as one would want.

Earlier on I heard mention that Frank Darabont should direct it, I completely agree with that he knows how to transition things perfectly he's the only one who can make SK movies any good so why not have him do it. SH took cues from the Mist anyway so he wouldn't be traveling to far outside what he did with that movie. Personally I think the movie should attempt to find a way to adapt SH2 due to the great development of James's character. Also as some said earlier the movie leaves no openings for a sequel however the first game was like that too, God was killed, Alessa was happy and Heather was created, it could have ended there. But lets pull some more from the game, SH calls to those who hold dark secrets in their heart, the second film can find a reasonable explanation as to why the town is still in active power and they could attempt to bring branched members of the cult into play who weren't around during the burning of Allessa. I don't know I'm going way too into this but it'll never happen, I'll remake the movie years from now and keep it closer to the source material as it should be, Hollywood keeps remaking movies anyway so what's 5 or 6 years after the fact going to hurt?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next