Don Carmody hoping to start filming in late Spring

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Don Carmody hoping to start filming in late Spring

Post by redrum »

A snippet from an interview about Resi Afterlife

"Is the film series still being influenced by the video games, or has it gone off in its own direction?

We have always been cognizant of that -- we can't make the movies just for gamers. Of course, we always run the risk of incurring the wrath of the gamers -- who are very vocal. I did Silent Hill and we are planning a Silent Hill 2 -- we were getting hate mail for that one. I think with Resident Evil, after the first installment, fans realized the story was moving forward in a cinematic way. When you play the game, you are using your imagination -- you kind of sense what things will look like. The games have progressed, and are more cinematic now. In fact, the games are taking a bit from us as well. They are using our sets and characters, we are using some of their storylines... things like that. We're probably a little closer to the game now than we were with the first film.

Can you give us anything on Silent Hill 2?

Just that we are hoping to start it in late spring in Toronto."

fearnet.com
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

They are using our sets and characters, we are using some of their storylines... things like that.
Funny. I don't think Double Helix or Climax used Christabella, Rose, Sharon or Chris in any of their games. I guess we can ditch the "characters" usage.

To be honest I'm not really excited for the Silent Hill 2 movie. Whatever they'll do it will probably fit the things within the first movie so none of the games will get "hurt". The first movie was kinda cool, if they keep the same direction I think that the 2nd can be just as good as the 1st one.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

You cant argue Homecoming didnt steal the movies sets though :p
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^That's why I took out only the character usage and didn't said anything about the sets :wink:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The r.p.t. is considered a character more than a monster, so, yes, Double Helix did use a character from the film.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Apatheria
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apatheria »

I was so disappointed by the first film that I truly have no hope for the 2nd film unless an entirely new crew was hired. Still, maybe they'll get it right this time around. Only time will tell.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Also they're talking about Resident Evil with that statement.

-
They are using our sets and characters, we are using some of their storylines... things like that.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I did Silent Hill and we are planning a Silent Hill 2 -- we were getting hate mail for that one.
Love how angry fanboys try to mess things up for everybody else.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Basically everyone on this forum, including me :roll:

We should be grateful that Ew Boil isn't directing.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The r.p.t. is considered a character more than a monster
By exactly who? I always considered him as a monster, and some people that I had a conversation with seemed to agree. A lot of forum members think he is a monster as well.
Also they're talking about Resident Evil with that statement.
It don't look like. Maybe I missed something.
SilentOne
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentOne »

Well, I'm just happy we finally got some news! :)
It's nice to know that the movie is in production, even if we don't have any major details. Such things can come later, I guess! :D
Yo.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

JKristine35 wrote:
I did Silent Hill and we are planning a Silent Hill 2 -- we were getting hate mail for that one.
Love how angry fanboys try to mess things up for everybody else.
Exactly!

I don't care what they do with the movie, but I want it out now! And I'm not gonna lie, that Resident Evil movie that is coming out looks freaking awesome! I might go see it. :shock:

Our Silent Hill was amazing! I didn't have much to complain about with it, so I trust these guys with the next one.

Thanks for posting this man. NOW this is what I call top notch information!
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Well, it's good that they don't feel too tied down by the games. I never was that interested in straight-up adaptations, especially when what's being adapted already has a visual component (y'know, not like a book).

If the movie's good, I really don't care how far it strays from the games.
kimjae19
Just Passing Through

Post by kimjae19 »

When is late spring in America? And does this means that script is already finished?
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

'Bout bloody time; that's all I have to say about this.

It's been over four years. I'm ready for another Silent Hill movie.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Summer starts in June, right? That means we're either about to start seeing casting tomorrow or he might have meant 2011.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Severeth wrote:'Bout bloody time; that's all I have to say about this.

It's been over four years. I'm ready for another Silent Hill movie.
Yessah! My feelings exactly. I only hope that what he means by "late Spring" is this late Spring and not 2011 late Spring.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

kimjae19 wrote:When is late spring in America? And does this means that script is already finished?
Although I never like the date definition of seasons in the Western culture, Spring starts generally on March 21 (Spring Equinox) and ends around June 21 (Summer Solstice). So, according to that definition, they should be filming within a month or so.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Also, I'm not quite sure how long ago the interview took place, it was posted yesterday, but it might have done a while ago, since there seems to been have other interviews done over the past few months by that site with the cast
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

This is great news, but is Roger Avary out of Jail or did he mail them the script (or was the script done before he went to jail)?
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.