August 2010 : update on silent hill 2 movie

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

kimjae19
Just Passing Through

August 2010 : update on silent hill 2 movie

Post by kimjae19 »

In an Interview of Fangoria to the veteran Canadian producer Don Carmody. Carmody gives few updates on Silent Hill 2 Movie.

FANGORIA : Your name is attached to a couple of other upcoming genre films. What’s the status of SILENT HILL 2?

CARMODY: A little stalled now because of [writer/director] Roger Avary’s [legal problems], so a little unsure yet. The original plan was Roger writing and polishing the screenplay, and when he had finished his thing, we’d begin full-blown preproduction. I’m not sure what’s going on with that. We know we want to make SILENT HILL 2 and have a basic outline for it. We’ll have to see.

source: http://www.silenthill2.tk
Last edited by kimjae19 on 30 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: August 2010 : update on silent hill 2 movie

Post by simeonalo »

Nothing new there.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Goddammit, this is getting worse than the wait for new Haruhi Suzumiya stuff. Except not as universally good and likable.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

This is a bit relevant, this means that production has stalled indefinately because Avary broke a rule and now his writing priviledges have been taken away... Now until it's reinstated Silent Hil 2 is on permanent haitus until he can write again (which could be a loooong time) or they get another writer... Damn, it sucks knowing that so much depends on Avary's jailtime, otherwise scripts are usually the simplest part to complete...
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I think Avary's getting out of jail in October, so it's not too long a wait.
kimjae19
Just Passing Through

Post by kimjae19 »

omg i hope you are right JKristine :lol: I have this feeling that we'll get some news on the sequel after Resident Evil Afterlife. :wink:
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

kimjae19 wrote:omg i hope you are right JKristine :lol: I have this feeling that we'll get some news on the sequel after Resident Evil Afterlife. :wink:
I think you might be right...
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

Roger Avary is out now, evidenced by minor changes to his webpage (the link to Killing Zoe now goes to the iTunes store instead of the expired Hulu video, an additional link to a YouTube account) and his comment on his forum:
I have, indeed, been released, and have been decompressing from the experience. I'm focused and back to work.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

emFox wrote:Roger Avary is out now, evidenced by minor changes to his webpage (the link to Killing Zoe now goes to the iTunes store instead of the expired Hulu video, an additional link to a YouTube account) and his comment on his forum:
I have, indeed, been released, and have been decompressing from the experience. I'm focused and back to work.
That's incredibly disenheartening. Not because it means SH2 will be coming sooner, but because that's way too short a time to spend in jail for killing someone, even if it was just an accident. I hope his release is legitimitely because he feels sorry for what he did and has been a model prisoner, not because he's rich and famous.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^Let's hope he does not get tempted to make Silent Hill 2 mirror his experiences in jail.

And I agree with JKristine35 about how its too short a jail term for ending someone's life.
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

Jail's pretty bad no matter how long you stay there. Our nation's prisons are overcrowded, and our society prefers that we let them tear each other apart as much as they like, so long as they're not in our neighborhoods.

Yeah, one year in prison is short in comparison to, say, what the average person would've gotten. But I'm sure Avary's feeling worse about it than the rest of us could, except for the family of the dead passenger -- after all, his wife was sent through the windshield, and a guy he just met was killed. That's painful for anyone. He'll bear that responsibility for the rest of his life, and a short prison sentence, to him, probably wouldn't feel much like an ease in burden.

In short, I'm sure he feels pretty awful about it regardless of how long his prison sentence is. He's human, after all, and I don't believe in demonizing people for plain and simply f*cking up.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

What I'm getting at from a lot of the recent information is that the movie is being put on hold cause the fool writer committed a crime and is in jail which is resulting in delays in the script. So why don't they just hire a new writer for cripes sake.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wow, you guys are assholes.

"He's a fool writer, dump him."

"I know it was a complete accident and not entirely his fault, but don't let the fucker out so early."

But then, this is the same fandom that would spit on the developers of the western Silent Hills if they had the chance.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ You're just realizing the SH fan community are assholes? And yes, you are a fool is you drive recklessly resulting in the death of another...doesn't really get more foolish than that. Hence the movie shouldn't be put on hold due to him.
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

You're just realizing the SH fan community are assholes? And yes, you are a fool is you drive recklessly resulting in the death of another...doesn't really get more foolish than that. Hence the movie shouldn't be put on hold due to him.
Maybe, just maybe, the guys at Sony have a genuine respect and empathy for Avary's situation that you don't seem to share, and aren't quite as derisive as you are.

Yes, it's definitely foolish to drink and drive. We get that. We've gotten that time and time again. Let's just put it behind us all and stop complaining that you aren't getting your movie fast enough because of it.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ You're right, I don't have respect or empathy for his situation, and I have no shame in that. Call me heartless all you want.

And what else is there to do BUT complain about the delay of the sequel. The first has been discussed to death along with possibilities regarding what #2 will be like. I admit I'm not a very patient person but by the time Silent Hill 2 comes out I'll be old and grey.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^Ditto about the respect and empathy part - I find it pretty damn hard to empathise with anybody who took the life of someone else unless it was clear-cut self defence.

As for the matter of Silent Hill 2 - I can wait as long as it takes until its released. Me getting irritated and/or moaning that it isn't getting done quick enough is not going to magically make it appear any quicker.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

I am impartial to Avary and his situation. I just want the second film made, and if that involves dumping Avary, then so be it. I'm not a fan of his work anyway.
OldandSenile
Just Passing Through

Post by OldandSenile »

I feel a second Silent Hill movie won't do any favors to the franchise, unless a talented director/scriptwriter/producer steps up to the plate and gives it something that's unique to the original Silent Hill, something simple and significant.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm not saying Avary's a monster, or that he doesn't feel bad for what he did- in fact, I believe the judge mentioned that in explaining Avary's sentencing. I'm also not saying he intended to kill someone that night. But the plain and simple fact is that everyone knows drinking and driving can lead to accidents, and Avary willingly got behind the wheel of the car while intoxicated, leading to his friend's death. Yes, it was an accident. Could it have been prevented by the use of common sense? Absolutely. According to American law, Avary must be charged for what he did, just like everyone else who does the same thing. My question is: did he get preferential treatment because he's in the movie business? And if he did, that says a lot about the American judicial system.