Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Post by KiramidHead »

I was just thinking that Jerry Orbach would make a good Douglas if he were still alive.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Tilda Swinton as Claudia, hands down. If her character is even in the movie. If Swinton would even do a SH movie, for that matter.

Ellen Page could downright nail Heather, and Cillian Murphy could do Vincent pretty well. I'm stuck on who would do a good Douglas, though.

If Lisa was involved, I'd say Naomi Watts could play her good.

Or even better - Laura Linney.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

^ I think the Tilda Swinton as Claudia idea is near perfect, especially looks-wise. Just bleach the hair and take away the eyebrows. She's a good actress too, so yeah.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Moosefrenzy

Post by Moosefrenzy »

DistantJ wrote:

I would really love to see Sheryl Lee as Heather, after her amazing portrayal of the similarly tormented Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, but she's probably looking too old to play a teenager now since Twin Peaks was nearly 10 years ago... So instead, I'm going to say Scout Taylor-Compton. She proved she can be a great 'scream queen' in Rob Zombie's Halloween, but in the rather bizarre, Lynch-esque Halloween II she's a real show-stopper, portraying this tormented girl, trying desperately to hold onto her innocence as she discovers she's not who she thought she was all along. Even if you're one of the people who hated this or both of Rob Zombie's Halloweens, you can probably appreciate how damn good a job she did, I'd love to see her take on Silent Hill.

If Scout was in a Silent Hill movie I would go wild with excitement. She is one of my favorite actresses. Such a nice girl to meet in person too as I have had the pleasure of meeting at an autograph show. She would be an amazing Heather.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I think that Laura Regan would make a good Heather Mason. After seeing her in the film, "They", I thought she really reminded me of her.

I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

^agreed. That whole movie reminded me of SH3 in various ways. She does look and act like her a lot in the film, too... /suspicion.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough

^ Yeah, I get what you mean. I actually learned of the film watching a fake Silent Hill 2 Movie, where she was Heather Mason, and they used clips from "They."
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

^ That's exactly how I learned about it too. And the thing is, I was actually convinced it was the real movie sequel's trailer, until I noticed a couple things.

Since it's hard to say which characters will appear in the movie, I don't know who else I would choose to cast. However, I do think Johnny Depp could do a good Vincent or Harry. But I doubt he'd be in it, just like I doubt Tilda Swinton would be in it. We can only hope, though!
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I'm going to say it again--I LOVE your avatar :lol:

I don't know how I'd feel about JD in a Silent Hill movie, though. In my mind, he'll always belong in a Tim Burton movie, or a pirate movie. (Not to say that he isn't a talented actor or anything. He's superb at times.)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Aerith Gainsborough

^ Yeah, I doubt Johnny Depp would be in it. He usually takes on fantasy-esque characters, like he does in Tim Burton films, though sometimes it's not the case. I just don't see Johnny Depp taking on something that is meant to really be very thought provoking, disturbing, etc. I think Tilda Swinton would make a great Claudia, or even Elly Jackson from the band 'La Roux.' Haha.

For Vincent, I think Kevin Bacon would do a good job looks wise, I'm not sure acting wise, but he's a great actor, so I'm sure he could take on the role.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The one and only actress I think should play Heather (provided Heather is the older version of the little girl seen at the end of the first movie, and not someone else entirely):
Aerith Gainsborough

^True, I can agree with that! I love Jodelle Ferland! She was amazing in the first one.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Now that I'm thinking about it, if he got some good voice coaching....Kevin Bacon would actually make an awesome Vincent. If not Vincent, at least put him somewhere in the SH universe. I LOVED his part in Stir of Echoes.
He's got so much potential, and he kinda winds up getting type cast lately.

^Nice dress.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Rhodey
Just Passing Through

Post by Rhodey »

If the lead is in fact Heather/Sharon, then I see no reason why they wouldn't cast Jodelle. At the very least for continuity's sake.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

@ AG - Kevin Bacon for Vincent would be great! He's capable, I think, from what I've seen him do before. Lol - Elly Jackson and Tilda Swinton must inspire eachother!

@ SilentWren - Thanks again! I too love my avatar. Too bad it can't be bigger... :(

And oh my gosh, I didn't realize how much Jodelle has grown up! If Heather's character has anything to do with Alessa/Sharon from the first film, she could totally do Heather's role. I think she could capture that personality very well, and the look too, though matching the look of Heather's character in the game is far less important than if she could capture the character and personality. Wow she's grown!
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Just cut off all that hair and give her Heather's hair-do, and she'd be perfect.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Nah, she could just wear a wig. I would never chop my hair off if I were her. :|
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ I guess that's what I meant :wink:
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I think Jodelle is the safest bet for Heather. She managed to pull off both sweet/innocent and creepy/mysterious in the first film, so she can probably pull off Heather's unique personality. I'd personally like to hear her interpretation of "shut your stinkin' mouth, bitch!", but that's just me.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^But it's so long, lol.

I dunno. I honestly don't know who could pull off a good Heather. I'm leaning mostly towards Ellen Page, though. I've actually been thinking about this today. As 'gamey' and cutesy as it is, it's a lovely little thread we've got here.