Patrick Tatopoulos Returns for Silent Hill: Revelation

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Patrick Tatopoulos Returns for Silent Hill: Revelation

Post by jdnation »

Excellent, he was one of the best things about the first movie! :)
http://helldescent.com/2011/03/18/patri ... um=twitter
SilentWren

Re: Patrick Tatopoulos Returns for Silent Hill: Revelation

Post by SilentWren »

He did a great job with the first movie, and it's nice that he's back.

This kinda feels like they're trying to make their own "Team Silent:The Movie Edition," though. :D I don't really care, but that's just what it feels like.
It makes complete and total sense to me that someone with prior experience should be doing the monster designs, too. So it goes both ways on that.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Pretty good news. I did really like the monsters in the first movie, although I remember hoping to see a few more.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Great! He was awesome at depicting the creatures and manifestations from the first film. There was some of the best monster work I've seen in the Silent Hill movie. I hope we can see a larger variety in the sequel, though! It's realistic to not have a whole lot, basically because you can really only fit so many different monsters in a movie like this before it starts looking really silly, like just one monster encounter to the next. Even then, there were quite a few different ones in the first film. Let's see... {SPOILERS}

the Gray Children, Lying Creature, RPH, Janitor Creep, Nurses, roaches, Alessa and her crazy barbed wire, am I missing anything? That's like seven right there, which is a good handful I suppose.

Hope to see in Revelations: Insane Cancer, Split Heads, Pendulums, Closers (most of all), Mercenaries, and the "God"....
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

I watched Solomon Kane recently, and Tatopoulos did the character design in that film as well. Of course, it was fantastic. Most of the crew from that film is working on SH:R, so if you want an idea of how the film will turn out, just watch Solomon Kane on Youtube. The writing is corny, but everything else is really great.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

He's been signed on for months. I think one of the very first questions Bassett answered on his blog was to confirm Tatoupolos was on board.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Old or new news, this is still brilliant to hear. :D
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3