SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Post by teosoleil »

Well, looks like we most likely won't be getting Revelations this year, judging from Bassett's comments -_- *emotional breakdown*.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Excuse me...? Um, what?

Fuu!

Please redirect me to this.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

It's being inferred from his latest blog post.Though that doesn't mean it won't be out this year. Just that we should, if anything, expect it to be very late and not expect any promotional material for quite awhile as they're waiting to lock down the release date before promoting it, so as it turns out the advertising for the film is dependent on them knowing when to release it and attach it to the marketing materials and hence also know precisely when to begin any campaign, which I'm expecting to be short-term.

Well it does confirm that it certainly doesn't look to be around spring or April... Our best bet is the Fall, so another 7-8 months or so off until we see anything at all... Given concerns about crowded theater dates it certainly won't be the Holidays.

Could it be released early 2013? Possibly, but I feel that the producers will try and get it out sooner rather than later if they have the opportunity and its what's best for the film. So I'd keep my fingers crossed for the Fall of 2012.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

This is fucking ball-bags. :(
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Wow I figured it was going to be a while but not long. Maybe a fall release if we're lucky.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

if it takes as long as mentioned lets hope its a good one
Youma Taisan!
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

I'm really hoping for a fall release. Looking again at that release calendar I posted in another topic... August 15th, maybe (if we want to be really generous with the "early fall" designation)? Or September 28th? Crap, there's some serious star-power in the other movies coming out that weekend...

Oh, what the hell; go for the fucking gold: October 26th. Go up against Halloween 3D--Rob Zombie isn't even directing that one.

(I don't pretend to have any knowledge of how the film industry works; this is just me throwing out dates that I'd consider in terms of how much competition the movie would have. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2013 release.)
Aerith Gainsborough

Ugh! I'm going to cry. I was looking so forward to this, but I guess it can't be helped.

Bassett, I am disappoint.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Well I guess since we're being pretty damn spoiled with Silent Hill soon, it'll be kind of nice to have something to look forward to in the future.

Once Downpour is out we won't really have much of an idea when the next major game will be out. Either way it'll be a while. So at least Revelations will be there.

One way of looking at it anyways. Still though, was not expecting such a wait hah.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^Oh, nonononoooooo, I want my movie to come out BEFORE the presumed apocalypse! Anything else would just be horribly sad and an elongation of my suffering. ;_;
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Tabris wrote:Well I guess since we're being pretty damn spoiled with Silent Hill soon, it'll be kind of nice to have something to look forward to in the future.

Once Downpour is out we won't really have much of an idea when the next major game will be out. Either way it'll be a while. So at least Revelations will be there.

One way of looking at it anyways. Still though, was not expecting such a wait hah.
^ This. As much as I am disappointed with how long it is taking for this movie to be released, the fact that we will be getting both the Silent Hill HD collection and Downpour within weeks of each other should tie us over in the mean time. Let's just hope those aren't delayed yet again *crossed fingers*
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

At least we know the final cut has finally been completed. Seems like this film was in production for a while...then again, lots of films are, from what I've experienced. 'Specially these ones with special effects and 3D.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Screw HD and 3D and LP and all those other acronyms I don't care about, I want my movie! *Waaaauuugghhhh!*

Plus, Adelaide Clemens is a good actress, and very easy on the eyes to boot. :)
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

It's not the FX or 3-D that are the problem. It's a crowded theater release schedule. It sounds like the production side will be finished on schedule, probably by Spring. But the producers are waiting to nail down a release date, so they will sit on the finished film for however long it takes until this is done. Once they figure it out and schedule the film, they'll begin the marketing campaign. It all revolves around the right release date now.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^Goddammit.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Obviously this isn't the best year for Revelation to be released considering other titles that'll also be on audience's plates. Then again, there just may be that special slot where it could flourish in theaters and the box office. Though I have no idea when this could be...I don't know exactly when a lot of these films are coming out, or how big the fan base and audience is for some of them. I wonder how much research and money goes into the phase of deciding when to release and then promote a film...
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

In this case it'll also be the availability of 3-D theaters. Because horror films these days make their maximum revenue from 3-D as horror is one of those genres people like in 3-D.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

3D makes my head hurt to watch for any length of time, so I hope there'll be a 2D screening, too. Otherwise I'll be sad. :(
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:3D makes my head hurt to watch for any length of time, so I hope there'll be a 2D screening, too. Otherwise I'll be sad. :(
I'm sure there will be. I've not heard of a 3D movie that didn't have a 2D availability.

That being said, I'm curious: how much exposure have you had to 3D? In my experience with the 3DS, it just takes a few hours before your head adjusts, much like a new glasses prescription.
Aerith Gainsborough

After watching my first 3D film the other day, I can safely say that 3D is out of the question. It causes me to have headaches, blurred vision, and is just too uncomfortable. I'd rather just watch the previews in 3D and leave the movie in 2D. I'm glad that I found out, though. I wouldn't have liked wasting my time and hurting myself in the process while watching the movie I've been anticipating the most.