SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Post by JKristine35 »

Lateest blog update: details about Comic Con, and a mention of scenes involving the nurses performing "surgery with rusty instruments" in the film.

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... cc-update/
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ It doesn't look like that line was meant to be taken literally. Just another way of saying how they try to kill people with their weapons really, because that's what they're best at. :)
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Hence why it was put in quotation marks. ;)
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

He says the other scene was exclusive to Comicon, so I doubt anyone will release it online. Well it might be present in the trailer. Either way, I guess it's nice to just wait to see it in the movie, though I wish we'd gotten more impressions...
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Tbh, Im kinda glad they aren't releasing the clip of the mannequin. I mean, I am dying to see it of course but it will be a great surprise to see it in 3D at the cinema!
Scanman
Just Passing Through

Post by Scanman »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:Tbh, Im kinda glad they aren't releasing the clip of the mannequin. I mean, I am dying to see it of course but it will be a great surprise to see it in 3D at the cinema!
Well did you watch the trailer? Cuz it is shown there for a second or two! I am kind of disappointed by the looks of it. I wish they would use something from Origins instead or hell, even Homecoming!
- Member of The Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ Well the mannequin seems like it got a lot of influence from Scarlet from HC.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Scanman wrote:
Mr.FLOOT wrote:Tbh, Im kinda glad they aren't releasing the clip of the mannequin. I mean, I am dying to see it of course but it will be a great surprise to see it in 3D at the cinema!
Well did you watch the trailer? Cuz it is shown there for a second or two! I am kind of disappointed by the looks of it. I wish they would use something from Origins instead or hell, even Homecoming!
I did watch the trailer and I'm glad there was only a glimpse of it. I'm still glad they havent shown the whole clip as I wanna know where it comes from and what happens when I watch the film :D
Scanman
Just Passing Through

Post by Scanman »

Fevered Dream wrote:^ Well the mannequin seems like it got a lot of influence from Scarlet from HC.
Here is the Scarlet from SH:HC -

And here is the mannequin spider thing -

It's not really that close! Personally that thing looks like crap to me. They could have used a real monster from one of the games. That thing does NOT look scary to me at all! I want to see some biological bloody disgusting looking thing! NOT this boring & non-frightening abomination of a monster!!!

This would have been cool to see onscreen -
It could represent Alessa and Sharon/Heather having split her soul but now it is conjoined again or something! It would just be cool to see! AND if they decided to use that pig-squealing scream that the things made only in the SH4 trailer (but changed it during the real game for some reason to a low growl)!!!
- Member of The Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I agree. This was just an excuse to show something new for the sake of having something new. The creature is WAY too busy while Scarlett was simple in design, and creepier/much more intimidating.
There are too many monsters they could've used and that people want to see to add crap creatures like this. So I am hoping that it will surprise me and at least be threatening during it's scene.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

It's not THAT bad. Personally, even though I would prefer to see monsters from the game, this one looks interesting enough even if the CGI looks a little cheap (just from the short moment it's seen in the trailer).
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I think Scarlet's cousin interesting enough. It freaked me out in the trailer, so it'll probably be a surprise when it jumps on screen. Seeing monsters like that in 3D will be really entertaining. Doubting that Heather and Co. will evade it, I wonder how it'll be killed...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Crowbar to the back?...
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

wonder's boy wrote:I think Scarlet's cousin interesting enough.[...] Doubting that Heather and Co. will evade it, I wonder how it'll be killed...
Considering that most monsters in the first movie weren't killed either, only one Patient Demon and one of the roaches, it's highly possible for them to simply run from them like Rose did with the Janitor, PH and the nurses. I agree with the people who assume that it might be the thing that kills the Suki character.

But I really have to agree with Silent Fantasy, that the creature is way to busy and overdone. It kinda looks like Ito Masahiro drew a mannequin monster and never stopped.
4 pair of legs, 4 pair of arms, 4 heads and a lump of chests...this is a nightmare that a window designer at Macy's would have during the holiday seasons.

But I'm all for new monsters. The Janitor in part 1 was a nice little touch (though way underused) and I hope we can see some original designs here as well. And who knows, maybe Scrappy (that's what I'm calling it now) really works in context.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I wonder what the mannequin monster represents? I see 3 heads on it, so maybe they're a reference to the 3 aspects of Alessa seen in the first movie? Also, one of the heads is split in half and is being held together, so perhaps that represents the split in Alessa's soul and how they reunited. I would assume that all of the monsters represent Sharon/Alessa/Dark Alessa/Heather in some way.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

^ Great job, JKristine. That's an awesome interpretation of Scarlet's cousin...never really thought of it that way before. Then again, I was trying not to look at it much so I don't become desensitized to its shock quality. It'll be a lot of fun to explore the meanings of the new monsters in the film, and to apply what the ones from the game mean to the film's world.

I still think this one'll have to be put down. It seems too driven to kill to be evaded, though I could be totally wrong. I guess that's just me wanting to see more monster killing, or at least one incident of monster-stomping.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

JKristine35 wrote:I wonder what the mannequin monster represents? I see 3 heads on it, so maybe they're a reference to the 3 aspects of Alessa seen in the first movie?
Actually there are 4 heads, including the split head, you can't really make out the 4th one on the screenshot above, but it's the blurry thing behind the elbow of the upper-right arm.
So for this to work as symbolism we'd have to say that it were 3 "Alessas" from the start and Heather is the split one. But I don't know if I'd look into it that far.