SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Re: SH:R Director Michael J Bassett's blog

Post by Yuki »

I wonder his reasons; he missed a LOT of the ire directed at, say, Tomm Hulett. I'm not too surprised, though.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Eh, we're not far from trailers and release dates now, I'm fine with him closing it. Was fun whilst it lasted though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's done basically all he can do with SH:R. That keeps him from updating his fans on his new projects, though.

More than likely he doesn't have the time and energy to maintain the blog. It takes more effort than a lot of people think.
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

^This what I figured as well, he was nice enough to do what he has done just has nothing more to add and might be on another project now or something like that.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Maybe his next project, which'll keep him occupied for quite some time I imagine, is so heavily secret that he's been made to sign an airtight confidentiality agreement, keeping him from even saying what the film is called, where it'll be shot, and who will be in it until the project is already done and the trailer comes out. Why keep a blog if you have nothing to say?
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Hey! He's decided to keep the blog going:

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... e-of-2011/

Mentions a bit about Jeff Danna and Akira Yamaoka working on new material for the score, which to me is pretty awesome. I wonder how different it feels for Akira to be working on a movie soundtrack rather than a video game soundtrack, if at all.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Shame, I wanted to see that teaser, damn you Skyrim! :P

It's great what I'm hearing so far about the soundtrack. Especially because of the fact that they seem to have kept themes and ideas from previous soundtracks. It's probably going to be a great new score. The songs from the old soundtracks they used in the first film were put to use perfectly - they fitted the scenes they were placed in, even if they didn't stand for the same purpose they did in the game.

Akira is talented and it's an honor to have him do the score. Hope this films turns out to be just as good as the first one.
Last edited by FrankRD on 01 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^I'm hoping it exceeds it's predecessor's achievements, cause face it, not nearly enough people are in love with Silent Hill as there should be. Hopefully this movie will rectify that. :)
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Not to sound like some sort of obsessed stalker-person, but according to his Twitter, he's on his way to Paris for the final mix. You know what that means? In just a short time, there will be a complete movie in existence. W00T.

(His Twitter shows up on his blog, so I figured I'd post it here rather than start a whole new topic.)

That also means that they've got a soundtrack, since he was talking in his last blog post about Akira Yamaoka and Jeff Danna working through the holidays to get it done in time. The thought of new original Silent Hill music by Akira Yamaoka is almost (if not equally) as exciting to me as the movie being finished.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^That's awesome to hear! I love hearing about progress. I'm excited about new Akira music, as well, he never really disappoints me, so I have high hopes for both the film and the soundtrack, and with Jeff Danna on board...damn!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

This better be epic, or I'm gonna be super PO'd! ;)

BRING ON THE AWESOME, BASSETT! BRING. IT. ON!!! :mrgreen:
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

CrypticIdentity wrote: The thought of new original Silent Hill music by Akira Yamaoka is almost (if not equally) as exciting to me as the movie being finished.
This is pretty much how I feel about it all. The movie could become my favorite movie ever, but despite that I'll like get a lot more out of a new soundtrack. I've been listening to Yamaoka's work (at least one or two songs) pretty much every day since 2001.

I'm so damn excited for both though. Can't even put it into words. When the first movie came out, I seen it with my girlfriend at the very first showing in my city. Then I went right back in and watched it a second time with all my friends.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Full blog post up:

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... nuary-9th/

Three weeks on the final mix, and a little blurb about sound mixing.

We've known for a long time that a lot of the crew who worked on the first film are working on this one, but still, whenever he posts about working with those people on this film, it makes me happy.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Same, nice update dude.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

I've noticed while reading MJ Basset's blog, that he takes shit from no one. He gets irritated pretty quick, I like that. 8)
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

CrypticIdentity wrote:New update with pics of the mixing room:

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... xing-room/
ZOOM AND ENHANCE!

8)
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Adelaide as Heather looks quite nice.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Yes, she does. In fact, everyone looks great in/out of character, from all the pics I've seen so far.

Wish this one wasn't blurred, though. Why you tease us Bassett. More more more!
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

I'm thinking that's from a prologue or epilogue of some sort, or maybe on her arrival in Silent Hill. Heather seems to be in a normal slightly gray (but not too fogged out, though that could be the visuals not being edited yet) background with a coat over her SH3 clothes, if you look closely (orange and white is underneath the jacket).