Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn [The BEST Actress for Claudia]

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn [The BEST Actress for Claudia]

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

Hey All,
I've posted this on a fellow forum as well and many agreed a lot about so I thought about posting here as well.

wouldn't it be great if Claudia Wolf gets played by Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn ? I think her looks, her ability beside recording many quotes from Claudia in the game in the soundtracks. that's also beside that many MANY MANY fans LOVE her and she's very familiar with the whole Silent Hill theme including SH3 so it would be really great.

what do you think everyone ?
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn [The BEST Actress for Claudia]

Post by alone in the town »

I think I have no idea what you're talking about.

Is this about the alleged new movie, or some imaginary dream concept?

Either way, I think an actress should be cast, rather than a singer.
Xev

Post by Xev »

I do not think they look alike aside from the blonde hair. I'd pick Cate Blanchett for Claudia.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I don't know how good of an actor MEM is, so I couldn't say. I'm pretty sure a regular actress would be better.

But don't feel bad--I was absolutely certain that if anything happened to Akira, Mark Snow was going to take over Silent Hill's music.
Yeah.....
.....so that didn't happen. Yay anyway.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

alone in the town wrote:Either way, I think an actress should be cast, rather than a singer.
She IS an actress. Most of her acting roles are video games and anime, yes, but she's been in live action roles as well.

I definitely don't see her as Claudia, though. Besides, this Claudia is probably going to be very different from the one in the game.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I don't care if they don't look alike. To me, they actually do look alike. And I think mary can even do the Claudia voice as well. A lot of voice actors are great actors in real life, right? She would make an excellent choice.
Huh? Radio?
Just Passing Through

Post by Huh? Radio? »

I think she should be involved with the soundtrack but they can get some pretty decent actors for Revelations, so I'd prefer they'd pick somebody with a bit more live action experience. It is a hugely important role.

Also as the poster above me said Cate Blanchett would be an incredible choice for Claudia but she will be too high list for this I'd think.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Huh? Radio? wrote:I think she should be involved with the soundtrack but they can get some pretty decent actors for Revelations, so I'd prefer they'd pick somebody with a bit more live action experience. It is a hugely important role.

Also as the poster above me said Cate Blanchett would be an incredible choice for Claudia but she will be too high list for this I'd think.
Er... Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was a live-action actress before she got involved with voice acting.
Huh? Radio?
Just Passing Through

Post by Huh? Radio? »

I am well aware of that, that is why I said more live-action experience. Honestly they had some pretty high-profile names attached to the first movie and Mary isn't quite at that level of ability or experience.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Taking the fact that she already has live action experience, I think it would be great if she were in a future Silent Hill movie, but not that major of a role.

EDIT: If anyone sees this, I started a thread about Guy Cihi making a small cameo in Revelations, but it got closed for some reason. :?
That'll be fun, right?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Jigsaws apprentice
Just Passing Through

Post by Jigsaws apprentice »

I would love to see Melissa George in a darker role. Shes played evil before and done it well, she also does horror all the time and such as good actress, shes also 30 - 33 and shes well known but not A-List so you can see her in SH.
ImageImageImageImageImage