Filming to begin soon?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Filming to begin soon?

Post by redrum »

MJB tweeted this today

michaeljbassett‎ - On the road again heading back to Toronto. Won't be back home for a long time now The Silent Hill train is leaving the station.
Twitter - 35 minutes ago
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Re: Filming to begin soon?

Post by Fevered Dream »

I'd assume so. But this could mean a variety of things, such as maybe they're heading there to begin casting, set up the sets, and all the other things that involve making a film. Though it was said that filming would begin in winter, which is now, so one would assume filming will begin very, very soon.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Thanks for the update. I imagine there's still a month or so of pre-production to be done. If I had to guess I'd say production proper will begin in March/April time.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Xev

Post by Xev »

^Sounds about right! So glad its happening though, finally forward progress. MJB sounds very considerate and I am very hopeful.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I'm guessing they're just scouting for now and real shooting will begin when winter's over... at least for outdoor shots, but they could start indoor scenes, interior outdoor sets scenes at anytime.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Provided the sets have been constructed.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Numb Body01 wrote:Provided the sets have been constructed.
I was thinking that for Silent Hill, all they had to do was find an already constructed location and destroy it and sprinkle ash and rust everywhere... that's much faster :P
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Lol it may seem like that but I very much doubt it.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Well, at least we know the film is having a steady move on. It will still be a while, but I'm sure they're on their way to begin the more tangible work. Or, planning it out. Casting too, hopefully. I'd love to know who is going to play who in this film.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

Based on an interview over at HellDescent, he said that filming's a while away, and that he needs to wait until the final edit is finished.

http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/2680 ... -bassett-2
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Interesting, thanks for the link. I like what he has to say, he seems very honest and down-to-earth. Doesn't mean he's going to make a great SH sequel of course but it doesn't bode badly for it either. I figured the shooting estimate was a little off, bet it'll take until summer to start shooting now.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Here's an update from him
Happy New Year to you all.

Thought I’d just throw a new page up just to stop the talkbacks getting so cluttered.

The new year brings positive developments but nothing I can announce or really talk about yet. I’ve moved back to Toronto for the foreseeable future and we’ve got a production office up and running, so I’m pretty confident that this movie is going to get made. The script is in rocking good shape but there are always improvements and adjustments to be made, so I fully expect it to be a moveable feast all the way through to, well, basically delivery. To my mind editing is really the final draft of the screenplay so, as the writer as well as director, I keep that in mind as we go along. I’ve thrown down some huge challenges for the team and expect them to rise to every one.

No casting to announce yet. But I have to say here, please don’t post asking to be in the movie. I’m just not going to cast you unless you’ve got some kind of representation and experience. If that means I’m going to miss out on someone who would be genius and perfect then I’ll take that hit. Sorry.

So the team is pretty much in place. There are still some exciting creative choices to be made as well as hard decisions on how to deliver an extraordinary movie on the resources I’ve been given but that’s the job and I love every moment of it.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Sweet, thanks.
Xev

Post by Xev »

He certainly does have a down to earth way about him and sounds like he is positive about where the direction is heading. Lulz to the people asking to be in the movie. I mean come on.
MsValtiel
Just Passing Through

Post by MsValtiel »

redrum wrote:MJB tweeted this today

michaeljbassett‎ - On the road again heading back to Toronto. Won't be back home for a long time now The Silent Hill train is leaving the station.
Twitter - 35 minutes ago

All I know is, I'm STOKED!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: