Official: Adelaide Clemens and Kit Harington to star

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Official: Adelaide Clemens and Kit Harington to star

Post by JKristine35 »

Variety has reported that Adelaide Clemens and Kit harington will star in Revelation:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111803 ... ilent+hill

Bloody Disgusting has also confirmed Clemens, and has posted that sources say Sean Bean is in talks to appear as Harry Mason.
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23705/

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: Official: Adelaide Clemens and Kit Harington to star

Post by jdnation »

Pic tweeted from the set!
Hotness!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

"The story centers on a teenage girl and her father on the run, one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, she discovers she's not who she thinks she is."

Ohhhhh gooooood.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Is Kit Harington, Vincent?

I guess the fact that Harry Mason hasn't been cast yet means that his role in the movie is a small one, makes sense... Hopefully Bean will return, maybe depending on whether he does or not will set out how big or small Harry's appearance in the film will be. I wonder if Rose will also make an appearance for continuity's sake...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

That Heather girl is cute. I mean, I can't wait for this new movie!

The plot is good. Don't change it.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

So far so good. I'm pleased with the picture.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Heather looks fantastic! I'm excited; I wonder who Kit will play.
"The story centers on a teenage girl and her father on the run, one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn't fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, she discovers she's not who she thinks she is."
This sounds intriguing; does this mean Heather isn't Alessa, or it means she's Alessa but doesn't remember? I can't wait for more info!
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Dude, it looks like they even went with her outfit from the game. Huh. That could be good or bad, but they'll definitely win points from the fans for commitment to detail.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay movie being made. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking Kit Harington's got to be Vincent, right? I wasn't actually fond of his character in the game--he just seemed sort of there--but hopefully his part in the movie will make more sense.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Yuki wrote:This sounds intriguing; does this mean Heather isn't Alessa, or it means she's Alessa but doesn't remember? I can't wait for more info!
Well going by the game's story, it means she doesn't remember she's Alessa and discovers that she is.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Post by capillaries »

I hope this movie is great. it sucks that it will be.. I'm guessing hard for them to tie into the first movie since they burned Alessa to purefy her and not birth God ..? So I'm really wondering what the heck Sean Bean is supposed to do in this movie, since he's a part of another story. Even though he's this Sharon's father, and she's Alessas other half, he's not Harry. Or are they treating this like another universe, so that he could be Harry as well..? Hm! Tricky-tricky..
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Very nice picture indeed and I think she suits Heather well. Of course it's difficult to judge completely by one simple picture but right now I'm just happy things are moving forward.

I can't honestly say that I'm familiar with either of these actors, but then again I wasn't familiar with the actors and actresses from the first and they all turned out fine. *Leaves with smiles*
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

capillaries wrote:I hope this movie is great. it sucks that it will be.. I'm guessing hard for them to tie into the first movie since they burned Alessa to purefy her and not birth God ..? So I'm really wondering what the heck Sean Bean is supposed to do in this movie, since he's a part of another story. Even though he's this Sharon's father, and she's Alessas other half, he's not Harry. Or are they treating this like another universe, so that he could be Harry as well..? Hm! Tricky-tricky..
I'm guessing that they're going with the idea that to hide their identities from the cult (since I believe Bassett is bringing the cult from the games in as separate from the Christian fanatics in the first movie), Chris DaSilva changed his name and his daughter's so they'd be harder to track (I'm also going under the belief that somehow Alessa/Sharon made it back to the real world and reunited with Chris, so he originally called her "Sharon," sort of like how Harry called Heather "Cheryl" at first). Thus, Sharon DaSilva becomes Heather Mason, and Chris DaSilva becomes Harry Mason. It's sort of a creative retcon that actually works considering the storyline of SH3.

A lot of this is just speculation on my part based on what Bassett has said on his blog, but it all makes sense to me in my head.
Last edited by CrypticIdentity on 07 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ I was just about to question whether or not the first post was misinformed considering Sean Bean played Chris in the first film and not Harry Mason, but after reading your post that could very well make a lot of sense that they would change their names.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Post by capillaries »

Yeah, okay. I think that's a stretch, but it does make sense. But I'm wondering how it works with the cults God and all, since it wouldn't be in Heather. I wonder what the story will revolve around. I'm not at all negative though, I'm really curious how this will turn out!
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

There's more than a couple of questions I have about this movie and I haven't checked if there are answers, yet.

This seems to be the sequel to a reboot that was never filmed. Or is it? Sean Bean as Harry Mason, rumor though it be, seems like a callback to the first movie which is now unrelated. Or... is it?

Or are we supposed to just pretend the first movie was about the Masons and not the DaSilvas?
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

The director alredy cleared up much of these questions and it's been discussed here.

This movie IS A SEQUEL to the first movie. There will of course be differences in the lore of the films versus the games, but it seems Basset has found a way to make the story such that it continues after the original movie and brings the Silent Hill film universe closer to that of the game's.

IGN has this bit:
"Adelaide is breaking out of the indie world with commercial features such as X-Men and the upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road. She and Kit are emerging young talent and their chemistry and dynamics make them a brilliant addition to the Silent Hill team," said producer Don Carmody in a statement.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1153959p1.html

I wonder what sort of 'chemistry' Adelaide and Kit will have that makes it worth mentioning though maybe Carmody isn't necessarily refering to just the chemistry between them... We don't know for sure who Kit is playing... Maybe Bassett will fill us in on this later tonight.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Post by capillaries »

(i'm sorry, oh. is there a thread where you can discuss what the plot is going to be? it being a sequel made me curious and really excited to .. just talk about it!)
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well there have been threads speculating how the movie will turn out that you can find in this section, for example:
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... 17&t=22941
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... 17&t=22601

Both threads I started...

The info that this is a direct sequel comes from the director who'd been answering fan questions through his blog. He respects what Christophe Gans did in the first movie and intends to carry on from there while faithfully adapting the story of SH3 and trying to get the films to be more in line with how things are in the games. There will of course still be differences, but it can be pulled off rather well and even set the scene for future adaptations or new stories.
Droo

Post by Droo »

How is this going to be a direct sequel to SH1?

Christopher DaSilva is somehow becoming Harry Mason? Bert (Sharon/Alessa) is somehow going to get out of her alternate reality with Rose and become Heather?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I'm very pleased that they went with some still relatively unknown people to cast.
I think pleased is best. Yes. Pleased.

I just hope they can perform accordingly.