New photos

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: New photos

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

YEY! So he's kind of retconning the first film, but in a way that doesn't totally disregard what happened. I like that! It sounds like it's gonna be awesome! I like how they are aligning it more with the games as the cult kinda ruined the first film... witch hunting was a bit crap.

Can't wait for a trailer
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I have to check this video out when I get home! Sounds like some interesting tidbits are in there. I guess they kind of had to do the nurses again, but I hope they're actually scary in this one. And I hope the movie is DARK.

Regarding Valtiel, if they keep to the design from the game, he really doesn't look anything like the movie PH. He actually would end up looking more like the janitor from the first movie, only without the contortions and tongue-lashing. :shock:
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Ooooo is that a statue of Valtiel I see? Love how they've used the halo of the sun too! Carrie Ann Moss looks good too. I see they left her eyebrows on haha!
Looking good!
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Interesting take on Claudia--I was wondering what they were going to do to try and distance her from Christabella in the first movie, since their personalities are pretty similar, and making the costume white is one way to do it, I guess. I get the feeling that she's going to be pretty creepy on screen.

That is a crazy-looking statue--and it makes me hopeful that we'll get to see more larger-than-life things like it in 3D (fingers still crossed for the Closer). That's one of the things I think 3D will really help deliver on screen--the depth and enormity of the world of Silent Hill.

Every time I see the Halo of the Sun I get more excited.

Also, I loved that Q&A from the screening of Silent Hill--thanks for posting it!
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I believe I speak for a lot of us when I say that I want that Valtiel chair for my living room.
gomezaddams
Just Passing Through

Post by gomezaddams »

i want that halo of the sun banner. - and i actually really like how claudia's looking.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Holy crap, that's Carrie Anne Moss? Dang. I hardly recognized her like that.

Also, that girl looks nothing like a "suki."
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Woah - new photos galore! I love what they've done with Claudia's look in this film - it heavily reminds me of some of the concept art for that character I saw for the SH3 game.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
And the Valtiel statue is just...purely awesome. That thing is massive! I wonder if it's an actual statue in the film, or if it'll be a mobile creature of sorts. Lovin' the Halo of the Sun in the background...

And what's this...? Carrie Anne Moss is holding something that looks to me like little baggies of some kind of white drug in the second to last pic. I'm wondering too about this Suki character and what role she plays. A friend of Heather's, maybe, or someone trapped in Silent Hill? A memory?

Also, anyone looking for a good film to see what Carrie Anne Moss can do besides kick ass in the Matrix, I recommend The Chumscrubber. She doesn't have a whole lot of screen time, but it has a lot of other good performers in it, including Jamie Bell and Glen Close. Interesting movie, too. I've been watching all I can that has these new faces from Revelation in it to get a feel of what their acting is like. Kit looks promising so far from what I've seen in Game of Thrones, and Carrie will just be superb, I'm sure. Sean (also looking good in his work with GOT), Radha and Deborah will all be mighty fine, too, but it's Adelaide that I'm having trouble finding available material for. Been searching for some recent stuff with Deborah, too, but I'm not having much luck.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I hope it's what it looks like in the picture: A Valtiel throne.

That is, without a doubt, the sweetest pimp throne I have ever laid eyes on. I want it for my pimp castle.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Crazy new pictures! Claudia looks a lot different from how I'd imagined them doing it. I somewhat preferred the more simpler look in the game which made her look like she fit right in with everything that was happening. Of course that's not the best image of Carrie Ann since she's laid back and smiling so we won't get a feel of Clauda's character from that... :P
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I wish you had known, too! That way we could all better understand what the heck they're saying and get some more scoop! I'd advise anyone who is interested in keep up-to-date with the movie via video to keep a good eye on that channel and the Silent Hill Revelation: 3D fan page on Facebook if you have one. The admin(s) live in/near Toronto, and have been the primary sources of info besides MJB.
Yeah if I'd known I'd definately have gone and tried to get some questions in.

I can't keep up with absolutely everything, so if anyone hears about any sort of event going on around Toronto, please tell me and I'll definately make it a point to try and attend everything I can and get info/pics for everyone!
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

SQUEE!

Valtiel throne + Carrie-Anne Moss as white Claudia :D + Halo of the Sun + OMG Valtiel throne I want it = SQUEEEEEE.

So much that write regular sentence I can do it not.

OK...really, I am optimistic about this. I like that this Suki character is in a room filled with mannequin parts. This further proves my postulation that, at the very least, this film is going to look fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better movie rendition of Claudia's look, especially.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I quite like everything I see, though I find it odd they're throwing in another new character. I can't wait to see a trailer!
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Ugh, I don't want to get excited for this movie but damn it it's not working.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'm getting pretty excited! The nurses look spot on from the first film, which is great! I loved the monsters so much from the first film.

I'm kind of shaky about Claudia's new attire, and she looks like she's got some age on her, unlike an early 30's Claudia does in the game. I'm just afraid she's going to be...'haggy.' I think they'll remove her eyebrows with editing, since I doubt someone wants their eyebrows shaved off. Haha.

I about died when I saw the Valtiel Statue! I gasped and was like, "OMG!" That's great! We now know that Valtiel at least makes some kind of cameo in the film, which is pretty fine!

Suki? I agree, that girl doesn't look like a Suki (Though on Gilmore Girls, the cook 'Suki' was a white female). I'm going to assume that she may be a friend of Heather's or something. You know, like a gal pal? I'd love to be dead wrong and this girl be like a significant character in the film that gives us all a mind fuck.

I'm very excited for the trailer! I really hope it doesn't give too much away, though. I really want to be surprised on all levels for this film!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I'm kind of shaky about Claudia's new attire, and she looks like she's got some age on her, unlike an early 30's Claudia does in the game. I'm just afraid she's going to be...'haggy.'
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think Carrie-Anne Moss is beautiful, even in this makeup/costume, and even in her mid-40s. In my opinion, Claudia's look for this film is lovely and ethereal in a sort of creepy way.

For the game the simpler look worked really well, but the big screen is going to demand something a little more dramatic. She looks more like a pagan priestess here than the Claudia in the games.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I'm very excited for the trailer! I really hope it doesn't give too much away, though. I really want to be surprised on all levels for this film!
Me too! Also, I hope it won't give too much away. Pretty much doubt it, but I still get a little nervous every time I give in to looking at every single set/still/picture that's released on this film and reading every article. Seems pretty obsessive for me...oh well. Anyway, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how this will all come together in the film. It feels like there's already so many characters here: Heather, Chris/Harry, Vincent, Claudia, Rose, Dahlia, Leonard, Suki, Cultists/Church people of the first film(?), and possibly more.

That's eight already, not counting the potential rabid zealots. It'll be very interesting to see how each character ties into the story, that's for sure. Gotta admit, this 'Suki' character is kind of a curve ball, but I'm very optimistic. They all look so happy in those new pics. :D
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think Carrie-Anne Moss is beautiful, even in this makeup/costume, and even in her mid-40s. In my opinion, Claudia's look for this film is lovely and ethereal in a sort of creepy way.
I agree with you completely. She looks absolutely astonishing. I'm shocked at how she looks, as I was really expecting them to go for her game counterpart's look - the darker, more plain look. But here she looks genuinely unique and stands out, and I'm excited to see what she'll look like on the big screen. The costume designers are amazing for this film. I also agree with what I think someone else said in this thread - they had to make her look different from Christabella, considering their roles and personalities are similar. But I believe Claudia will have a much different personality from Christabella from the first film. Christabella was a little more outwardly-psychotic crazy at times, while I believe Claudia is a little more chilled-repressed crazy. But who gknoes.

All I gknoe is that I want that Valtiel throne placed at the top of a hill so I can sit at it daily and stare down at others. Then I'd also want two Red Pyramids to stand side by side the throne with giant spears and great knives.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I believe her eyebrows are staying. If they wanted to get rid of them they could easily have done it with makeup. :P

Update: Basset responds to some fan complaints:

"It’s an unofficial pic of her relaxing between takes and she’s wearing a jacket over her costume. She aint’t fat and I can guarantee you, she doesn’t have eyebrows."
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

It really looked to me like she doesn't have her dark eyebrows in those pictures, so I don't understand the confusion.

I'm excited about Claudia- I can't wait to see how Carrie Ann Moss portrays her. I would love to see the fetus-eating scene brought to life, not that it's likely to be. Heh.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I love the attention to detail.... Carrie Anne Moss doesn't have eyebrows! Which is awesome! Such a tiny detail that they factored in! It's great! I really can't wait for this film!