Akira wants to compose SHR soundtrack

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Akira wants to compose SHR soundtrack

Post by JKristine35 »

Akira has stated on Twitter in reply to fan questions that he wants to compose the soundtrack to Revelation, and Bassett said he wants him to write it too on his blog, so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before he's officially hired. :)
www.twitter.com/AkiraYamaoka
kumiko
Gravedigger

Re: Akira wants to compose SHR soundtrack

Post by kumiko »

:D good news good news
Youma Taisan!
heavensnightsh
Historical Society Historian

Post by heavensnightsh »

Sweet! My friend asked last night how the soundtrack would be handled, and we figured just like the last one, ezpecially since there has been three games worth of music since. But this is way way better!
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

This is neat, as much as I'd love to hear music from the previous games in this one, brand new music composed by Akira sounds like an even better idea, maybe a separate soundtrack can come around the movie's release.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Wow! A new soundtrack from Akira! Should be pretty awesome :D Even more excited now!
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Great news indeed. The reused music in the first movie was a good idea, but for Akira to compose some brand new music to give this movie its own unique flavour is even better.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think I speak for everyone when I say

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, everyone but me. . . .

After how boring and mundane the past two or three soundtracks have been, and how disappointed people have responded to them, why do we want this same composer to score the film? I just don't get it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
gomezaddams
Just Passing Through

Post by gomezaddams »

would be nice to have a new soundtrack from Akira, or at least re-imagined SH3 material, as well as the Downpour soundtrack from Daniel Licht within the same year.
Good amount of recent SH activity - makes me happy :)
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I knew he couldn't stay away from Silent Hill for long.... I'll bet we'll still hear some revisited tracks from the first film, but I'm definitely looking forward to what he has in store as far as new sounds go. Loved his latest sound work in Shattered Memories, and every track seemed to fit like a glove in the film adaptation, so I'm sure we'll all be pleased (hopefully) with this film sequel's soundtrack. Now, if they'd only release it! Officially
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

The Adversary wrote:Well, everyone but me. . . .

After how boring and mundane the past two or three soundtracks have been, and how disappointed people have responded to them, why do we want this same composer to score the film? I just don't get it.
This crossed my mind as well, although I'm choosing to be optimistic. I think he's still capable of some solid material.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Fanboyism?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Maybe he'll approach it differently since it's for a film, and he's done other stuff since then...?
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I have to agree with Tom's confusion.
I'm very happy that Akira's involved in the universe again, but everyone felt burned by the recent music. Then again, maybe the time away will cleanse his palette. Idk.

I'm pretty exited for this, though. I don't know the first thing about music composition, but I know I like his stuff.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I still remember the first movie's soundtrack, which was lifted pretty much wholesale from the games. There might've been a remix or two.

Would he actually put effort into this one, if he did get the job? If the effect will be the same as just crediting him and mining the OSTs, then what's the point?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I think he's still capable of some solid material.<
The last solid he's done for the series was in 2003 with the third game's soundtrack. Before last dodgeball season, I had to decide which players I wanted to return to my team. A few of my teammates wanted one guy back, but I didn't. It wasn't because he wasn't good—he's certainly not bad—but because when we'd talk about the upcoming season, he'd say, "Man, fuck dodgeball." Why would I want someone on my team who couldn't care less about playing the sport? So, similarly, I ask: Why should I, or anyone, put so much faith in a guy who verbally expressed his disenchantment with the series over five years ago?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Maybe he's realized the error of his ways, and wants to be a part of his baby again. Does it really matter who's doing the music, as long as it's good this time? I know I don't really care much as long as the mood is right.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

^ On the flipside, maybe he's looking for an easy paycheck because Silent Hill fans will happily gobble up whatever he gives them by name-recognition alone, and that's why he stayed on long after he personally lost interest.

Let's face it, he actually has to earn his pay with Grasshopper Manufacture. With Silent Hill, he doesn't even need to put in any effort. He knows how many of us view him as equivalent to the franchise.
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

Kenji wrote:^ On the flipside, maybe he's looking for an easy paycheck because Silent Hill fans will happily gobble up whatever he gives them by name-recognition alone, and that's why he stayed on long after he personally lost interest.

Let's face it, he actually has to earn his pay with Grasshopper Manufacture. With Silent Hill, he doesn't even need to put in any effort. He knows how many of us view him as equivalent to the franchise.
This. I like his music and all, but he isnt the reason why SH is what it is. Sure, he gave his part but wasn't the only working on the games. People give him way more credit than what he actually did.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Silent Hill 3 & 4 were the best soundtracks. All he needs to do is take some of that same style he did back then and make it happen.

It nly kinda went downhill following 0rigins, and Homecoming and Shattered Memories. They're not bad, they're fairly decent... But maybe it was thedifficulty of working with a new dev team from abroad?

Akira's music is sounding pretty damn good in 'Shadows of the Damned.' I'd say he's probably doing a better job working with developers closer to him like Team Silent and Grasshopper.

Maybe the film will be easier to compose to because whereas instead of composing music for things and concepts he doesn't quite get to see until it's developerd, it's likely he'll score music for it once principal photography and rough effects work are done like usual film composers do. So he'll be scoring the film based on footage he can see and understand.