Vincent

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: Vincent

Post by JKristine35 »

That's because everybody has 2 sides of the soul, no matter how small one side may be. Dark Alessa is completely cut off from the good side of the soul, and therefore incapable of any kind of love, empathy, or compassion. On the flip side, Sharon is incapable of any form of evil, no matter how small. Put them together and they act in tandem, displaying both good and evil traits. Without Sharon, there's no reason for the girl Rose goes home with to want to be with Rose at all. Without Dark Alessa, there's no reason for her to leer at Dahlia or trap Rose in her world.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ That statement just made something click... Rose is trapped in Alessa's world because Alessa longs for a mother, similar to Samara and Rachel in the Ring 2... wow. Mind=BLOWWWWNNN
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

^Okay, now I have to do this:

"I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Yep, that's why Alessa tested Rose so much. Apparently defying your husband and police, surviving numerous monster attacks, jumping over a giant hole, willingly descending into darkness, facing a group of homicidal fanatics, and spending the rest of your life cut off from all of humankind are all necessary to being a good mother in the land of insane that is Alessa's mind. And yeah, everytime I hear that line I think of Alessa, lol.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Wow... it all just like, clicked, THAT WHOLE MOVIE MAKES SENSE NOW OH MY GOD. I MUST GO BUY IT TOMORROW AND WATCH IT. O.O *mind is still blown.*
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUn29k0_b7U
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVN7Ku5oqjs x3333
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I agree with that...except I still don't think that Sharon is with Rose. I really, really don't. I've already provided my reasons, and I stand by those.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

But that doesn't make sense. Where would Sharon have gone? Why is Alessa wearing her clothes? How could Alessa have swapped out 2 different bodies while Rose held Sharon without Rose realizing it? What would the dark side of the soul want with Rose at all?
The 2004 script shows a slightly different ending (Rose and Sharon leave the fog world after Sharon combines with Alessa and Dark Alessa), but the fundamentals of Sharon and Dark Alessa locking eyes, Sharon passing out, the Otherworld ending at that exact moment, and Sharon acting strange around Rose are kept the same; and the script makes it clear the little girl Rose goes home with is Sharon, with the rest of Alessa in tow.
Aerith Gainsborough

I haven't read the 2004 script at all, honestly. I can never find it. I just don't see how Heather would be finding something about her life that she didn't know, or whatever. I don't remember what exactly Adelaide said, I think it may be somewhere in this thread. Alessa should know, right? I just don't get it, unless MJB has made Revelations full of holes.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Here's the thread with the link to the script: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... 17&t=19269

My guess is that Bassett is going to show that Rose died somehow soon after she and Alessa/Sharon returned home (possibly by a disease, suicide, or even Alessa/Sharon becoming angry over something she says and mindlessly lashing out at her), causing Alessa/Sharon to become so traumatized that she returns to our world and represses her memory. I think it would provide a very nice touch if Rose either dies because of Alessa/Sharon lashing out at her in an argument, or if she dies trying to escape the fog world, since that puts her death directly on Alessa/Sharon and would very much explain why she wanted to forget her past so badly. Then Claudia comes looking for her for whatever reason and she starts to remember all the terrible things she did.
Aerith Gainsborough

I really can't picture her dying in that way. If Alessa loves Rose as much as you all have speculated, then she's not going to do that. Also, it looks as if Rose is oblivious to what the hell is going on.

There are so many posts I've made that I'd love to reference, but can't remember which thread I put it in.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Alessa does indeed love Rose, but her powers are largely tied to her emotions, which can be very... problematic. Think about if you get angry at a loved one. Haven't you ever spouted off something rude or cruel, even if you didn't mean it? Well, with Alessa, "spouting off" takes on a whole new meaning. She wouldn't have planned it or meant for it to happen. All that would need to happen is for her to get super angry at Rose in the middle of a heated argument and then BAM! Rose Nuggets everywhere!
Aerith Gainsborough

That would be sooo lame, though. I just can picture it and that would be just so...cliche.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I don't think it would be cliche at all. It would fit perfectly with the more insane aspects of Alessa's personality, and would highlight that she's not the angel the first movie made her look like. And it would give her a really good reason to repress her memories, and it would allow her to grow as a person once Heather remembers that.
Aerith Gainsborough

But...where does all the forgetting come in? I just don't quite get how Heather/Sharon/Alessa is going to forget everything. That's why I always supported the idea of it just being Sharon and Chris together. I just really need the whole forgetting thing figured out here.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Like I said, Rose's death could cause Alessa/Sharon to become so distraught that she returns to our world and represses her memory. It's the only way the movie can be done without retconning things in the first film, from what I can see. And since Bassett has been very specific about not retconning anything, my guess is that's what's going to happen.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Honestly, he could even go with, "The power it took for her to leave the foggy world and return to our world caused her enough trauma to repress the memory," and I'd buy that, although it would be less rooted in character and more rooted in the suspension of disbelief about the fantasy elements of the film. I think I like your theory better, JKristine.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

She's seen crossing into our world twice without memory loss.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Well, fuck my theory, then. XP Honestly, I just want the movie to come out.

And then we'll have ANOTHER billion things to speculate and theorize over. :P
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

Vincent is Vincent...the character was created and has now been molded to the artistic discretion of the director and the actor playing him. Every character in the history of characters have all undergone interpretive changes base on who is telling their story. Its a natural phenomena for characters of popular media. lol Well I do hope Vincent remains somewhat creepy and selfish we can only wait and see what they have decided for him in the film. Looking forward to seeing how they approach re-creating the film version of Vincent.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^Well in a differant twist to most movie relationships (That are meant to be good anyway. Not juist straight up asshole cliche) Vincent could still be selfish, but in a way that when things start happening he becomes a bit more worried about his own survival rather than Heathers. Just not in the cliche "all of a sudden you mean nothing to me!" type of way. You know, theres a bit of remorse there, but in the end the selflesness just isnt there. Not sure how theyd make him creepy though and make it seem realistic that Heather would be with him still. lol
Of course I havnt read all of this thread and what I said is going along the lines on if they are in a relationship deal in Revelations. Havnt really kept up with it besides release dates.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.