Vincent

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Re: Vincent

Post by cascade88 »

Well since it seems Douglas won't be in the movie
Aw really? :( I still really wanna see the movie, but that bums me out kinda. Douglas is one of my favorite characters.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

What makes you believe he won't be? Perhaps we just haven't heard anything yet? I mean, we haven't heard a lot of information about everything. Don't jump to conclusions yet.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Awe :(
I was starting to get used to the idea of Heather & Vincent hooking up. I wonder what the angle is going to be on that?

But there's still a part of me that's hoping Douglas will appear in some incarnation. If not, I'll probably still like the movie. I just <3 Douglas so much, tho. ^_^
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

This one is long shot, but movie Vincent's last name is Carter. Its not dissimilar to Cartland, Douglas's last name. There could be some character melding going on here.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I'd absolutely hate that. What's grosser than Heather and Vincent POSSIBLY being a couple? The idea of Heather with the Vincent/Douglas lovechild. -gag-
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Oh, man!
That would be GREAT if they had a Vincent/Douglas hybrid going on! But now I'm a bit nervous as to how he relates to Heather, considering it's complicated(?)
Awkward just doesn't even cover that. XD

But as long as movie-Vincent is as far removed from game-Vincent as humanly possible, I'll think I'll be ok with whatever they've thought up. There just isn't really a place in the movie canon for game-Vincent as far as I'm concerned.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

What I meant was along the lines of taking the two "helper" characters and making them into one. Let's face it, even Lost Memories says that Douglas is pretty useless. Vincent, on the other hand, may be a creep, but at least his information is helpful.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

KiramidHead wrote:What I meant was along the lines of taking the two "helper" characters and making them into one. Let's face it, even Lost Memories says that Douglas is pretty useless. Vincent, on the other hand, may be a creep, but at least his information is helpful.
That makes the most sense to me. I don't get the impression that Vincent's going to be a detective in the same way Douglas was, but I could definitely see him fulfilling a similar role. Even before you made the connection to Douglas, I was thinking that movie-Vincent could be the one Claudia sends to find Heather in lieu of a Douglas character.
Aerith Gainsborough

^That could work. I did theorize that maybe Vincent betrays Heather, by letting Claudia and the cult know of her location, acting like a detective type figure. I can see that working.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

SilentWren wrote:Awe :(
I was starting to get used to the idea of Heather & Vincent hooking up. I wonder what the angle is going to be on that?
They're a couple, as confirmed by Sean Bean.
Aerith Gainsborough

^
Yuki wrote:Michael Bassett said something about Vincent and Heather's relationship on his blog...
I wouldn’t really go along with Sean’s characterisation of any relationship between Vincent and Heather. You’ll just have to see the movie to understand what I mean.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

He never said they're not a couple. In fact, he pretty much just confirmed it, seeing as he's never shied away from blatantly saying 'No, this is not happening' any time something isn't right. He's purposely evading the question, without giving any real answer at all.
Aerith Gainsborough

I wouldn't say that's him confirming it at all. It's pretty much as if he's saying that it's a really complicated relationship that you'd have to see to understand.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

When asked if Alison Lohman was acting in the film, he flat out said "No, she's not." When asked if the monster in the park has anything to do with the Siam, he said "Nope." Whenever something absolutely isn't true, he's very straight-forward and blatant about it. And yet here he's giving out answers that neither confirm nor deny anything, meaning there is something to them being a romantic couple, or else he would have very clearly stated they're not together. He did the same thing when someone pointed out that Don Carmody already pretty much confirmed Heather is Sharon, by saying Don's statement "might" be based on an earlier version of the script. Plus, it would be a pretty ridiculous conspiracy of misinformation for multiple fans to post about seeing them holding hands, and then Sean Bean to flat-out say they're in a relationship, but for it to turn out they're not in a romantic relationship. No, they're definitely a couple.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I believe that if they are a couple, there is going to be some kind of complication with that, is really all I'm saying.

Also, I've always said that Heather is Sharon, just that Rose is not with Sharon. I really believe that she's with Alessa. Just Alessa. We know that both can survive without the other (as the Dark Side of Alessa can produce a child-like appearance, as we've seen in the first film, as well as is in the older Alessa, and then of course there is Sharon), so...why not? Now, like I've said, no idea how Sharon got there. It's just that...the person who is with Rose doesn't act like Sharon at all. Sharon never sucked her thumb (From what I recall), she's not all dark and sinister acting. Even if they did become one, the good and the evil parts would both be there, preventing her from being so sinister the entire time.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

JKristine35 wrote:When asked if Alison Lohman was acting in the film, he flat out said "No, she's not." When asked if the monster in the park has anything to do with the Siam, he said "Nope." Whenever something absolutely isn't true, he's very straight-forward and blatant about it. And yet here he's giving out answers that neither confirm nor deny anything, meaning there is something to them being a romantic couple, or else he would have very clearly stated they're not together. He did the same thing when someone pointed out that Don Carmody already pretty much confirmed Heather is Sharon, by saying Don's statement "might" be based on an earlier version of the script. Plus, it would be a pretty ridiculous conspiracy of misinformation for multiple fans to post about seeing them holding hands, and then Sean Bean to flat-out say they're in a relationship, but for it to turn out they're not in a romantic relationship. No, they're definitely a couple.
So now we're just completely disregarding what the director is saying about his own damn film? Really? Bean's characterization of it was that they're just a plain ol' couple; for all we know, they're only pretending to date to get into the cult or something.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

@ Aerith, Alessa/Sharon does not act all one way or the other when she's with Rose. She acts loving towards Rose (looking up at her with a smile, holding her hand), and selfish at the same time (keeping Rose trapped in her world). She does things that Sharon has been known to do (holding Rose's hand), and things Sharon hasn't been known to do (sucking her thumb). This clearly shows she has both good and bad aspects in her now, meaning she is completely restored to one body. If she was just Sharon, she wouldn't be acting so loving and needy towards Rose. If she was just Alessa/Dark Alessa, she wouldn't be with Rose at all, because love and companionship aren't something the dark side of the soul cares about.

@Yuki, I'm not disregarding him. I'm just pointing out he never stated they're not a couple, which is true. His statement is very ambiguous, and never confirms or denies anything at all. Also, the scene of them holding hands was from one of the last shots of the film, the same shot where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
they leave Silent Hill with Chris.
So your theory doesn't fit with that. From what I can see, it's 100% certain they either start out as, or become, a couple. I don't see why Sean would lie, or why they would hold hands in the final scene for any other reason. The ambiguous nature of Bassett's response also points to a relationship IMO.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I don't recall her smiling. Maybe holding her hand because Rose is holding her hand, but I do not recall any smiles. Also, what about that sinister face she made at Dahlia? Why would Sharon do that?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I don't recall her smiling. Maybe holding her hand because Rose is holding her hand, but I do not recall any smiles. Also, what about that sinister face she made at Dahlia? Why would Sharon do that?
You're not understanding me. She's Sharon and Alessa. The dark side of her caused her to leer at Dahlia and to trap Rose in her world. The good side is why she wants Rose's love so much. She displays both positive and negative qualities because she now has a complete soul, comprised of both her good and bad sides.
Also, she smiles when Rose strokes her hair in the doorway.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I disagree with only the good side wanting Rose's love. I believe anyone, good or bad, is susceptible to feelings of love and wanting to love and be loved.