Photo of Pyramid Head at Lakeside Amusement Park

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: Photo of Pyramid Head at Lakeside Amusement Park

Post by jdnation »

It's safe to say that the pics of Pryamid Head are indeed real, and Bassett even slyly confirmed to an audience during the first films' screening recently in Toronto when asked if Pyramid Head would be back that all he would admit to is that the guy who was playing Pyramid Head is indeed back.

The nurses are also coming back.

And we have a photo of a new monster that appears to be Valtiel, so it seems both Valtiel and Pyramid Head are in the film.

Pyramid Head is Alessa's monster in the first movie. Not James. James does not as yet exist in the movie universe. And if they do make an adaptation of SH2, they could create a new monster to replace Pyramid Head and change the story around so it still contains new elements for fans of the game to enjoy.

For good or ill the first movie did things that aren't consistent with the games. Bassett has clearly said that he's trying to steer things back in line with the games while still continuing the story and ideas of the first film. The films can still be awesome even if they have differences from the games.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it Pyramid Head's actions that were unique to James, and not his image? I mean, clearly other people in the town knew what he/it looked like if they had a picture hanging in the Historical Society.

That's why it didn't bother me having him in Homecoming. He wasn't going around fucking Schisms. He would show up, punish those that betrayed the Order, and leave. Which is pretty much what the Order brainwashed the kids into believing would happen. It's not implausible to that some Order member saw the same picture James did, and decided to base their Boogeyman's image off of that.

As long as the film provides a similarily solid reason for PH to be there, it will be fine.
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Personally, I find the idea of PH as "punisher" totally boring and cliche. Someone around here posted an interpretation where PH and Maria were both aspects of James, with PH trying to free him from his delusion and Maria drawing him further into it. It had a nice way of explaining several events in the game while not devolving into YOU DO BAD THING SO I STAB YOU NOW. Whether or not it's what the developers intended, that's how I make sense of PH.

"Red Pyramid" from the movie, on the other hand, is just a particularly large monster with a simplistic motive of retribution, like a hired thug. I hope he has an expanded role in the sequel.

Since Valtiel is probably in Revelation, how does that affect the pic in the OP, where Red Pyramid appears to be operating some kind of machinery with a valve, akin to Valtiel in the game?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

It's possible Valtiel is only in the movie as a symbol of the cult, rather than as an actual monster.

Also, I'd like to point out that The Book of Lost Memories states that Pyramid Head is manifested by the part of James' consciousness that believes he deserves punishment.. I agree that Maria is trying to pull him into his delusion, though.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I'm aware of the developers' intention for Pyramid Head, I just choose not to interpret him as solely a being that doles out punishment.
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

Yuki wrote:It's possible Valtiel is only in the movie as a symbol of the cult, rather than as an actual monster.
That's kind of the impression I got just from seeing the throne, although of course there's no telling until we see the film. It also occurred to me that perhaps Valtiel could be the actual God of the film, although they'll have to give him a name change if that turns out to be true.
KingCrimson wrote:I'm aware of the developers' intention for Pyramid Head, I just choose not to interpret him as solely a being that doles out punishment.
That's the fun thing about Silent Hill -- the vagueness allows for interpretation. It's almost mythological. (Or maybe it is mythological.)
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Considering how the statue doesn't seem movable, I speculate that it's just a statue, symbolizing The Order/cult. But, wait...they seemed to hate the monsters SO much in the first game, so why worship them now? Unless it's Claudia and her mind fucking again! UH OH!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Bassett in a cryptic reply of 'yes' to a comment about Leonard Wolfe seems to be teasing that we'll see Leonard in both his human and monster forms...

So maybe the image of what we've been thinking was Valtiel, may also be Leonard Wolfe...
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Pyramid Head AGAIN!? Seriously? This isn't funny anymore. Enough whoring him already. SH3 has no reason to contain a PH cameo. If this is real, I will be disappointed. =/
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

SH3girl32 wrote:Pyramid Head AGAIN!? Seriously? This isn't funny anymore. Enough whoring him already. SH3 has no reason to contain a PH cameo. If this is real, I will be disappointed. =/
Keep in mind that this is not Silent Hill 3. It's a sequel to the first movie, in which Pyramid Head was established as Alessa's monster. The movie just happens to follow some of the plot of Silent Hill 3.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

and honestly.. the movie isnt canon to the games. also ^ thats true. phead even in the games was ONLY in 2 and only 3 times in SHH. so i dont get the " hes being overused" crap.
i do really hope Valtiel is in this movie tho. if not, thats what will dissapoint me. but only bc i want to see him.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
demon child 7
Just Passing Through

Post by demon child 7 »

I think that this picture looks great wish I could see it larger (my phone is against me.)
Having Pyramid head in the movie is great. He is the epitomie of evil to me. Put him anywhere just convey his power and I will cheer. Valtiel rocks too. The more monsters from the game the better. POWER TO SILENT HILL!
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

demon child 7 wrote:I think that this picture looks great wish I could see it larger (my phone is against me.)
Having Pyramid head in the movie is great. He is the epitomie of evil to me. Put him anywhere just convey his power and I will cheer. Valtiel rocks too. The more monsters from the game the better. POWER TO SILENT HILL!
So, erm, are you 12 or something?
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Your post is irrelevant AnastasisXD. Please do not make posts if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation. The staff will deal with people who are underage no need for you to ask people how old they are.
Jagerdu
Just Passing Through

Post by Jagerdu »

Are any of these pics official?

I think this next one is from the same pic as Pyramid Head at the Amusement Park.
Aerith Gainsborough

^1,2,and 4 are. The third is a totally different actress from another movie.

Edit: If you want to see loads of actual set photos, mainly taken from bystanders, some released by (I'm assuming) MJB, then go here: http://www.facebook.com/SilentHillRevelation?ref=ts

FYI, that fan page in not official, but it tries to stay as accurate as it can according to information being given/seen.
TerrorInTheDepthsOfThefog
Just Passing Through

Post by TerrorInTheDepthsOfThefog »

So the amusement park is gonna be in this one, I'm not exactly looking forward to the film, but probably will watch anyhow. It would be lovely if they included the Borley haunted mansion though, I don't see them doing such a thing...only in my dreams.
i suppose music is my first and only love.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Sadly, I don't think they are. I haven't seen any photos, or heard anything about Borley being in it, but you never know. I'd like it, too, but I just don't think it's gonna make an appearance.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I honestly don't think Borley would translate well to film. It would feel kind of awkward and would only be there for fan service, really.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well they can still do their own Haunted House sequence to suit the film, it doesn't need to copy exactly what happened in the game. They can do their own thing with it...