Photo of Pyramid Head at Lakeside Amusement Park

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Photo of Pyramid Head at Lakeside Amusement Park

Post by wonder's boy »

I can see Bassett doing the haunted house sequence well. We already know that the carousel will be visited, and I doubt this will be the only area of Lakeside Amusement Park that is visited. My top three guesses for what else will appear are the haunted mansion, the roller coaster and...well, those are the only other two major places there, right? Or am I forgetting something? Haven't played SH3 in ages...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I would love to see Heather almost get run over by a roller coaster on the big screen. ;D
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

There's the fortune teller's house, but I wouldn't call that major.
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I would love to see Heather almost get run over by a roller coaster on the big screen. ;D
IN 3D!!!!!!!!!!!
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Hell yeah.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

The thing I loved about the haunted mansion in SH3 was that it was intentionally silly and over-the-top. To me it felt like a bit of parody of that kind of horror. I can totally see them completely missing that and doing it dead seriously in the movie, though. Which would be funny in it's own right.

It's probably best they not do it at all, though.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monster »

The thing I loved about the haunted mansion in SH3 was that it was intentionally silly and over-the-top. To me it felt like a bit of parody of that kind of horror. I can totally see them completely missing that and doing it dead seriously in the movie, though. Which would be funny in it's own right.
Hey, they did it in Homecoming. One of the first things that happens in that game is a body falls from the ceiling upside down just to scare you, exactly what they were making fun of in SH3.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Monster wrote:
Hey, they did it in Homecoming. One of the first things that happens in that game is a body falls from the ceiling upside down just to scare you, exactly what they were making fun of in SH3.
Yeah. :(
Eddie So Crazy
Just Passing Through

Post by Eddie So Crazy »

I`m looking forward to seeing Lakeside Amusement Park in Revelations. Its seems the Lakeside Amusement Park section of the film will be pretty authentic and im also looking forward to seeing the haunted mansion in the film. Pyramid Head being back doesnt bother me none just for the fact they are taking elements from the games and putting them all in making a standalone universe. It will be nice to see how Pyramid Head fits into Heather`s advernture aswell as Rose`s. BUT it probably won`t be explained.
Just put the gun to their head then...Pow!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

--Spoiler for SH3 and SH Movie ahead--

It'll fit into Heather's story because PH is Alessa's monster in the movie-verse.
Eddie So Crazy
Just Passing Through

Post by Eddie So Crazy »

In response to leftshoe18, I had an inkling that it was someting to do with Alessa in the movie. Thanks for confirming I just thought he was there just for fan service. Its nice to see him be used in a more open role in the 2nd movie and has a more of a purpose this time around.
Just put the gun to their head then...Pow!
mickceyisloco
Just Passing Through

Post by mickceyisloco »

Doesn't look like a photo by some by passer/person on set.
I Am The Sun Still I Sit Alone In A [color=#BF0000]Red[/color] Sky.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I wonder if Vincent will be in the carousel scene? We know for almost 100% there will be one, with flames all around it an Red Pyramid doing something in there. I wonder what part Vincent could play if his film-unique character was involved in a kind of "Memory of Alessa" film translation.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

If you just replace Alex with Heather, I think this scene would be PERFECT in Silent Hill: Revelation, especially if it was early on in the film (it would hint at Heather's true nature).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFWopo46DdY
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

That photo looks so badass, but I'm defintly not sure if I want see Pyramid Head again in the film. :?
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

I don't think that there will be a haunted house or roller coaster in SH:R. The Lakeside Amusement Park in SH3 is a more permanent amusement park, and so has more permanent rides. The Lakeside Amusement Park in SH:R looks like it is more of travelling fair or carnival... thus making all the rides not permanent and easy to disassemble. I'm guessing what we've seen from set photos is all there is really going to be at Lakeside- some game and food stalls, a ferris wheel, zipper and carousel.

Thinking in continuity with the film, I'm guessing Lakeside is a travelling fair that is unfortunate enough to be in Silent Hill when Alessa creates the Otherworld. The fair is abandoned along with the rest of the town.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

KoRn_Child wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't it Pyramid Head's actions that were unique to James, and not his image? I mean, clearly other people in the town knew what he/it looked like if they had a picture hanging in the Historical Society.

That's why it didn't bother me having him in Homecoming. He wasn't going around fucking Schisms. He would show up, punish those that betrayed the Order, and leave. Which is pretty much what the Order brainwashed the kids into believing would happen. It's not implausible to that some Order member saw the same picture James did, and decided to base their Boogeyman's image off of that.

As long as the film provides a similarily solid reason for PH to be there, it will be fine.
Doesn't bother me in the series as a whole, but in SH2 I think it's that executioners wore pyramid shaped hoods, when in the historical society you're already in the Otherworld so the paintings are all twisted into James' hellish versions. If you look carefully there is a painting of impaled people, they are all lying figure monsters (and lo and behold, the lying figures have a big hole in their chests). Much easier to see in HD collection.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

i dont know why, i cant see the picture
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

ginjajacob wrote:i dont know why, i cant see the picture
You mean this picture?

I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

Murphy Pendleton wrote:
ginjajacob wrote:i dont know why, i cant see the picture
You mean this picture?

A massive thank you. It wouldn't load up on the office computer for some reason.
Scanman
Just Passing Through

Post by Scanman »

It still pisses me off that PH is doing Valtiel's job! Why can't they have Valtiel in this film? I know he is a freakin' chair but I want HIM the real deal! I am so sick of PH!!!
- Member of The Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~