New filming location

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: New filming location

Post by jdnation »

bl00dmuffin wrote:Wasn't Brookhaven a mental hospital originally, before the first movie confused it with Alchemilla? It had padded walls in some rooms and lunatics like Stanley Coleman, after all.
Hey, that's true! It means the film is paying attention to those little details! :)
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Yeah, I posted that picture in the pictures thread yesterday or this morning. I don't remember which, but yeah, this is pretty awesome.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Yuki wrote:Bassett just tweeted that he's beginning the last day of principal photography.
YEY Does this mean we should have the film by the end of the year? September/October maybe?
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:
Yuki wrote:Bassett just tweeted that he's beginning the last day of principal photography.
YEY Does this mean we should have the film by the end of the year? September/October maybe?
He said he'd need at least 5 months to see how things are coming along in terms of FX works, we'd already be in October by then. Whether that means he expects post work to be done in 5 months or that's just a milestone in production that could run longer I don't know.

Also one wonders if they will release the film during the Christmas season. Marketing could decide to hold the film off until next year when it'll get more exposure and avoid the big event films (particular those in 3-D) that usually release towards the end of the year.

Though I'd love to be wrong and hope we get the film this winter.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'd say the earliest for the movie will be Early 2012, around February or March.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I kind of wish we could get this movie around Halloween, though I know we likely won't. I feel like Halloween would mean that horror movies are more en vogue, so people would be more likely to see SH2.