Music of Silent Hill Revelations

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

How good do you think the new movie will be?

EPIC BEYOND BELIEF!!!
9%
Awesome!
29%
Cool
29%
Okay, I guess.
18%
Meh.
6%
Oh god it's gonna suck
6%
FAILURE
2%
{other} (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 66

SugrNspyce4
Just Passing Through

Re: Music of Silent Hill Revelations

Post by SugrNspyce4 »

Glad to hear that Akira's in the loop. Hopefully, we'll hear more good stuff from him, or if nothing else, we'll get more stuff from the games' soundtracks.

Besides him though, I think music from Portishead could work (mainly from their first two albums; the third album was kinda "meh").
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:
Yuki wrote:
VenusDoom wrote:Id rather have Evanescence do it. Their first album and earlier demos sound very silent hill-ish and eery.
I like Evanescence, but I disagree, myself. Some of their stuff is creepy, but I don't think I've heard anything by them that's subdued enough for Silent Hill. :/
Maybe if just Amy Lee doing vocals, working with Yamaoka, that might be nice... :)
I do enjoy Amy's solo work...Sally's Song from Nightmare Revisited comes to mind. Makes me wonder if Elfman could make a good track for SH... very doubtfull. He's much too orcherstral for SH.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Anyone here read or seen the book/movie The Road? Well, I've been listening to the OST for the film. I think Nick Cave and Warren Ellis would do a great job, honestly. After listening to songs like "The House" and "The Road", I thought of how it would be cool to see them take an Akira-esque vibe, feel, sound, etc., with their own take and talents. Listen to the previews on iTunes, amazon, the movie, etc. You'll hear what I'm talking about.

EDIT: "The Cannibals" from The Road OST is also good track demonstrating how they'd be a good fit, too.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Forgot to tell you guys. I left a link the MJB blog topic. Apparently MJB has or is trying to contact Yamaoka to do the score for Revelations.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

They've been in touch with each other for quite awhile now, since even before filming got started. Seems the only difficulties may be in timing and communication from overseas. They'll finalize on a composer once the final cut of what they want in it is finally completed I would think... That way they can then know what scenes they want music for and then discuss it and work out a schedule.
Metal_Haunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Metal_Haunter »

If Akira is unable to do an original score for the film, I'd Like to see Christopher Young (Hellraiser, Drag me to Hell) do the music. I think that would fit quiet well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBE9qmuc ... re=related
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Drag me To Hell had a horrible soundtrack. It matched the movie. "You little WHO-O-O-ORRREE." xDDDDD Dear god I LOVE that movie. x3
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Metal_Haunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Metal_Haunter »

I had a lot of fun with it. Drag me to Hell reminded me of the Evil Dead series. However I really like the score that young did for the movie.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

If Yamaoka isn't doing it, may as well just get Licht to since he's already used to the SH universe by this point. I should friggin hope so anyways.
Metal_Haunter
Just Passing Through

Post by Metal_Haunter »

Yamaoka working with Danzig or Zakk Wylde. Can you imagine the insane ammount of awsome that would bleed from the soundtrack? Here, check some of this shit out.
Danzig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2ReyllFL4
This could fit quite well with the story from SH3

Zakk Wylde (Or BLS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIJJE6y_DA
Tell me that does not fit "in the Water"(the propper ending) for Restless Dreams
John Akam
Just Passing Through

Post by John Akam »

VenusDoom wrote:Id rather have Evanescence do it. Their first album and earlier demos sound very silent hill-ish and eery.
I actually agree. Their style are not similar, but there are uncanny resemblances. Their earlier works make me think of Silent Hill automatically for unknown reasons.
Tau takper
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Resting comfortably from silent hill 4 the room
some bands that would fit
mortiis
tangerine dream
my morning jacket
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Is that last one the one from that episode of American Dad? :o

Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

I'm kicking myself about never getting to see the first in a theater and thus missing out on my chance to hear Tears Of through huge-ass speakers. :cry:

So I hope they'll put at least one of my favorite songs in here. I think, considering that the film seems predominately about Sharon and Chris (Heather and Harry), and since there's already a Shattered Memories song in the trailer, that Always On My Mind would fit really well as an end-credit song. I mean, they already used You're Not Here (which was also fitting).
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

I think this thread fits my question, and hey, no reason to clog up the boards with unnecessary threads.

Is the soundtrack for Silent Hill Revelation going to be released? I haven't heard anything about it so far, which doesn't bode particularly well if you ask me, but since I don't know for certain...
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:
Is the soundtrack for Silent Hill Revelation going to be released? I
On October 30:

https://itunes.apple.com/br/album/silen ... d572668037
fisher92
Just Passing Through

Post by fisher92 »

Numinex wrote:
WelcomeToNowhere wrote:
Is the soundtrack for Silent Hill Revelation going to be released? I
On October 30:

https://itunes.apple.com/br/album/silen ... d572668037
Wow, this tracks are really great. And I see they used "Rain of Brass Petals" for credits, good choice. Can't wait to hear full soundtrack.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Thanks, you guys! This sounds wonderful, from what I'm hearing on the preview page.

Guess this means I have to save up some cash for this shit, cause I am SO buying it! :D
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

This music sounds awesome, almost as if it was directly lifted from the games. I'm so glad they brought Akira on to compose music for the film's score.

It looks like rather than releasing each individual track in the score, they've put multiple tracks together to create "suite" score pieces on the iTunes album. That's slightly annoying, but I am just happy that we're getting a score release period.
fisher92
Just Passing Through

Post by fisher92 »