Malcolm McDowell interview

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Malcolm McDowell interview

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Maybe, but I have a feeling it would be some kind of personal confrontation, like a conversation, or a realization.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I'd wager that Leonard will have more to do with Heather's past in the movie than he did in the game. Also...Heather confronting the MOA in the movie via a fight scene could look really goofy if not handled right. I'd assume there will be something more like what AG said above, but we could be surprised by some kind of battle between the two.

I'll only like it, though, if Heather can use the beam saber. :|
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i would like it if Heather did as little fighting as possible in this movie. Portraying the protagonist as somewhat helpless (like the first movie) heightens tension, in my opinion.
Aerith Gainsborough

^That's true, but like some have mentioned previously, I'd love her to start scared and then grow to face her past, kind of like she did in the game. I think that shows character, which is very important. It's like the growing of a character.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

It'd be great if Heather's character did reflect her game counterpart's development. Like, if she were to be forced to overcome increasingly difficult obstacles each time she got to discover something out about her past and what's happening in the present, and what it means for the future, I can see her character growing very well. I'd like to see her make tough choices rather than just face a series of events, though.

Rose deciding to go against her husband's wishes by rushing off to Silent Hill with Sharon is a good example of what I like to see in films. They don't always have to be very dramatic ones, but it wouldn't hurt to have some drama in the mixture. The more choices Heather makes will allow the audience to identify with/oppose her and will let us all know more about her as a character.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

I have no idea what the story will revolve around without being pregnant with God, something they left out of the first film entirely. If they put it into this movie, I don't think it would make sense
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ Oh I'm certian they'll find some way to spin it so that it parallels SH 3 while still holding the first movie into account with its different take on the first game. As long as its something creative and thought out instead of a half-baked twist of sorts.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The presence of a painting of one of Alessa's ancestors being burned as a witch in the first movie suggests there might be something hereditary about her powers. I wonder if that's going to come into play at all.
Aerith Gainsborough

They could fit the whole pregnant with God thing in there. They could say that since Alessa was a 'witch' and Heather is the other half of her soul, she wants to use her as a host for the God or some shit like that, chasing her around and trying to get her blah blah? I don't know. It actually would probably be really dumb that way.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:They could fit the whole pregnant with God thing in there. They could say that since Alessa was a 'witch' and Heather is the other half of her soul, she wants to use her as a host for the God or some shit like that, chasing her around and trying to get her blah blah? I don't know. It actually would probably be really dumb that way.
I don't think they'd ever play it so Alessa wants to use Heather as a host to birth God. On the other hand--I can't remember, did Gans ever say whether "Dark Alessa" was simply the dark side of Alessa or an outside entity that had found a home in her? Because the line "I have many names... Right now I'm the dark part of Alessa" seemed to imply the latter, but I think I remember Gans saying in an interview that it WAS just another part of Alessa, not some demon or something using her form for the time being.

In any case, they could totally work the God-pregnancy thing in if they really wanted to, seeing as how Bassett sounds like he's retconning the first movie to a certain degree and refocusing on the cult storyline from the games rather than the witch-burners from the first movie. The only thing that would really have any drastic change is Dahlia's role in the whole thing, since she's portrayed as a much more tragic and sympathetic character in the movie.

Now I'm really interested to find out what Leonard's role will be. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if he'll be getting Vincent's "Monsters? They look like monsters to you?" line, since it looks like Bassett has reinvented (or reimagined, as our friends at Climax would say) Vincent's character.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I didn't word that correctly. I meant to say that Claudia may want that. My apologies.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

CrypticIdentity wrote:
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:They could fit the whole pregnant with God thing in there. They could say that since Alessa was a 'witch' and Heather is the other half of her soul, she wants to use her as a host for the God or some shit like that, chasing her around and trying to get her blah blah? I don't know. It actually would probably be really dumb that way.
I don't think they'd ever play it so Alessa wants to use Heather as a host to birth God. On the other hand--I can't remember, did Gans ever say whether "Dark Alessa" was simply the dark side of Alessa or an outside entity that had found a home in her? Because the line "I have many names... Right now I'm the dark part of Alessa" seemed to imply the latter, but I think I remember Gans saying in an interview that it WAS just another part of Alessa, not some demon or something using her form for the time being.

In any case, they could totally work the God-pregnancy thing in if they really wanted to, seeing as how Bassett sounds like he's retconning the first movie to a certain degree and refocusing on the cult storyline from the games rather than the witch-burners from the first movie. The only thing that would really have any drastic change is Dahlia's role in the whole thing, since she's portrayed as a much more tragic and sympathetic character in the movie.

Now I'm really interested to find out what Leonard's role will be. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if he'll be getting Vincent's "Monsters? They look like monsters to you?" line, since it looks like Bassett has reinvented (or reimagined, as our friends at Climax would say) Vincent's character.
Gans and the actress both specifically stated Dark Alessa is the dark part of Alessa in multiple interviews. Also, Bassett has stated several times on his blog that he will not be retconning any part of the first movie.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

All right, that's what I thought. Also, I apologize; my understanding of the term "retcon" has always been hazy, and I just looked it up to make sure it wasn't just a semantics thing, and retconning does not mean what I thought it meant. So that was my bad.