Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Dark Alessa?

Post by FrankRD »

No worries. Although:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I don't remember fighting with you on another thread about this, I just joined the forum, unless you're talking about the people here in general, lol. Anyway, yeah your theory about the bushes is something I couldn't have ever noticed, and about Sharon, I really got the feeling that she and Dark Alessa reunited to reincarnate Alessa, because if Sharon(her good side) went back to the real world, how would that kid that Rose is with at the end be even existent? That said, you're right about her looking kind of evil in the last shot where she appears, which could also hint that her good part is no longer. I guess it could go both ways. Only time will tell, all I remember Bassett saying was that he went through hell but he managed to bridge the ending of the first film to this one, so let's hope he did a good job.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Oh no no! I didn't mention you, and I didn't mean it to sound like I meant fighting. I meant just debating/discussing. You know, I actually thought that perhaps the two halves were brought together, as well, though I really don't think so anymore. If Chris is with Heather, then she had to get with him sometime, right? It had to be sometime before Revelation, or she simply had to have had her with him. Another thing is that apparently Heather is going to learn something about herself she never knew, which can be all about how she was this girl named Alessa who got burned and yadda and her soul got blah'd and blah. Sharon never knew any of this, from our understanding. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, she pretty much seemed to not know anything of what was going on, just that she was being tied up by some crazy people who wanna kill her. -shrug- That could be what she's going to find out about herself, I don't know. Sounds kind of dumb, but I don't know. I've also speculated that maybe Dark Alessa is with Rose, but I don't remember coming up with a lot with that one.
Edit: This is a good thread for theories about the last movie.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The souls reunited into one body, creating a complete Alessa who contains both aspects of Sharon and Dark Alessa, as well as her memories of her previous life. It would make no sense whatsoever for Alessa's dark side to want anything to do with Rose, since "love" and "companionship" aren't things the dark side of the soul is known for. It's Sharon's side of the soul that makes Alessa hold hands with Rose and lovingly look up at Rose as she strokes her hair. Is Alessa more evil than good? Of course. As Dark Alessa said, "The little girl is what's left of her goodness." In other words, the good side of Alessa wasn't real big by the time Sharon was created anyway.
Most likely, Rose will die somehow, and Sharon/Alessa will become so distraught that she'll leave her world and repress her memory.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

I was thinking it would end up like the game, to where a baby is left for Chris. But, I doubt he would take in a baby, especially not knowing anything. Not knowing that it was Sharon, etc. It wouldn't make sense. So I do believe that in some way Sharon or the 'full' Alessa is going to make it back to him. Although I can see Sharon being returned, confused and without memory, while the dark part becomes an awakened memory while Heather is at the carousel.

In the game Heather was complete, so I would like to assume the Heather in the movie will be both Sharon and Alessa. Thing is, I can't see the movie turning out much like the game. Why would people be looking for Alessa when it all happened in some other parallel? That and the cult wanted nothing to do with her. They wanted her dead and gone to protect their faith and themselves. So, I don't really understand this. Unless people who survived the fire, who were in the cult (even though I think they all died), found out she was still alive. I really don't know how the movie is going to continue the story while staying true to the third game. :S
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I was thinking it would end up like the game, to where a baby is left for Chris. But, I doubt he would take in a baby, especially not knowing anything. Not knowing that it was Sharon, etc. It wouldn't make sense.
More than that, he wouldn't take it even if he did know anything. He doesn't want Sharon. He doesn't care about her. He is only Sharon's father because Rose wanted to be her mother, and he's willing to give Rose anything.
Thing is, I can't see the movie turning out much like the game. Why would people be looking for Alessa when it all happened in some other parallel? That and the cult wanted nothing to do with her. They wanted her dead and gone to protect their faith and themselves. So, I don't really understand this. Unless people who survived the fire, who were in the cult (even though I think they all died), found out she was still alive. I really don't know how the movie is going to continue the story while staying true to the third game. :S
Claudia figured out what happened in SH1, and managed to help scope out Heather's location, because Claudia has psychic powers, and has visions. Maybe the Claudia-equivalent sees the first movie in a vision, and concludes that Alessa is a servant of GOD, judging the wicked, and wants to use her power to judge all mankind.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Aerith Gainsborough

^I wouldn't say Chris absolutely dislikes Sharon. You can see some affection towards her. I think the real issue with Chris is that he's just really sick of Sharon having her spells, and he wants to live a normal life with his wife, while getting her the treatment she needs. If things were different, he would definitely not act this way. I mean, there's not much that they themselves can do, and Chris (if you're thinking realistic here) made points that Sharon should be sent to a hospital, which is a pretty realistic thing that people do for people who are suffering from severe mental issues. So, I wouldn't say he absolutely loathes Sharon. I say he does care, but he wants to get her the care he needs, while also getting his and Rose's lives back. I know people have said that Gans has said that he loathes her, but I have never been given the proof. I'd love to see it, though. I'm always open to knowing the true meaning of the film.

That Claudia scenario could definitely happen, unless somehow Claudia escaped from the Cult. Maybe Claudia at the time was a child or teenager (In the game she's around what...31, though she could be much older in the film), so she could have been a teenager during the last movie. Perhaps Alessa spared her, since Claudia, like herself, was a child facing a horrible circumstance. Alessa could have felt pity for her.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Ditto to what Aerith said.

As for why people would be looking for Alessa, Dream-Demon, Bassett's said that he's written it so the cult from the first movie--the Puritanical/Manichaeist cult that wanted Alessa dead--and the cult that movie-Claudia belongs to are two different cults. The cult movie-Claudia belongs to will resemble the video game cult more closely, and as such, I'm assuming they--namely, Claudia--want Alessa back for the same reason Claudia did in SH3.

I'm operating under the assumption that when Alessa changed the town (as seen in the flashback), she only punished the people who tried to "punish" her (since they're the only ones we see in the first movie). As such, Claudia and the rest of her people would've been unaffected, and wouldn't have been trapped in the foggy world.

That DOES bring up the question of where they went after the fire--if they were forced to leave in order to maintain the coal-fire cover-up, or something else. And then there's the whole question of Dahlia. I think it probably took some especially creative writing acrobatics on Bassett's part in order to make it work.

In any case, it's just another reason for me to be anxious for the movie to come out so we can see how it plays out. X)
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Aerith may be right about Sharon's sleepwalking being what turned Chris against her. After all, Sean Bean did say in an interview that Sharon is the only "problem" in his otherwise perfect marriage to Rose. But wanting to get Sharon help doesn't explain why he forgot to tell police that his 9-year-old child was missing in a town known for killing people with toxic fumes. Not once did he mention Sharon to Gucci until he found the picture of Alessa. Instead, he says "For God's sake, I'm just trying to find my wife!" and "The faster we start looking, the faster we'll find her!" and "Where is she?!" Notice the lack of plurals. Any father who doesn't give a shit that their young child is missing in a dangerous town is a terrible father.
if they were forced to leave in order to maintain the coal-fire cover-up, or something else.
There was no cover-up to the town being abandoned. The fire was very real and very dangerous. The only thing that was covered up was how it started.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

^I wouldn't say Chris absolutely dislikes Sharon. You can see some affection towards her. I think the real issue with Chris is that he's just really sick of Sharon having her spells, and he wants to live a normal life with his wife, while getting her the treatment she needs. If things were different, he would definitely not act this way. I mean, there's not much that they themselves can do, and Chris (if you're thinking realistic here) made points that Sharon should be sent to a hospital, which is a pretty realistic thing that people do for people who are suffering from severe mental issues. So, I wouldn't say he absolutely loathes Sharon. I say he does care, but he wants to get her the care he needs, while also getting his and Rose's lives back. I know people have said that Gans has said that he loathes her, but I have never been given the proof. I'd love to see it, though. I'm always open to knowing the true meaning of the film.
I never said he loathed or disliked her, only that he only considers her part of the family for Rose's sake. Rose is the one who wanted her. Rose is the one who wanted to help her. Chris's response was to put her in a mental hospital where she would never have a normal life ever.

And he gave no shits about her being lost in an abandoned, toxic fumes town. he's kind of a jackass.
That Claudia scenario could definitely happen, unless somehow Claudia escaped from the Cult. Maybe Claudia at the time was a child or teenager (In the game she's around what...31, though she could be much older in the film), so she could have been a teenager during the last movie. Perhaps Alessa spared her, since Claudia, like herself, was a child facing a horrible circumstance. Alessa could have felt pity for her.
That shit didn't fly for Anna, who was possibly BORN in the Otherworld and was a very young child at best, since people seem to genuinely age there.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Aerith Gainsborough

I don't know, I always figured he may not mention her due to the fact that Sharon should naturally be with Rose, but then again, who knows. He could have thought that she dropped Sharon off wherever she needed to be. Chris also did take the time to investigate the whole Alessa ordeal and how she looks like his daughter. That could have been to just help him to find Rose, I don't know. I'm not saying at all that Chris is without blame, but I do think that due to the circumstances, it does make him irritated with Sharon, even unintentionally. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

I always got the impression that Anna was around late 20's in age, at the least, maybe even in her thirties. She looks older than I do, and I'm 19 years old, which is no longer a child. Heck, her mother was an old hag, probably in her fifties or sixties, and if she had Anna at around 20 or thirty years of age, what age does that put Anna in? I doubt Alessa would care about her, anyway. Not to mention that she would mistreat her birth mother, which it seems apparent that Alessa does try to protect Dahlia.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Chris had just finished listening to a voicemail from Rose telling him that Sharon was missing, and crying in fear over it. He knew damned well Sharon was missing and likely in danger. And yet he doesn't breathe a single word about her to the very detective working on the case, instead fretting over his precious Rose, who he knew was alive, as compared to Sharon, who no one knew anything about. There's no explanation for why he never mentioned Sharon to Gucci other than him being a craptastic father who couldn't care less that his small child is missing in an abandoned town filled with toxic fumes.
I don't see how Chris inquiring about Alessa was in any way designed to help Sharon. He didn't want to find her so he could learn how to cure Sharon's illness, or so he could discover something in Sharon's past that might help her. All he wanted was to find out what Gucci was lying to him about, so he could find Rose. Alessa was nothing more than a stepping stone to finding his wife.
As for Anna, she's exactly 30 years old. Regardless of whether she was born soon after Alessa created the Otherworld, or just before it, she didn't deserve what happened to her, or the life of fear she was forced to live. Just like Rose didn't deserve to have to choose between her child and every freaking person in the entire world, and Cybil didn't deserve to be dragged into a living nightmare to provide support to Alessa's new mom.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't know, I always figured he may not mention her due to the fact that Sharon should naturally be with Rose, but then again, who knows.
Then he's retarded. He knows they were in a car accident. Why in the hell would he just take for granted that they are together if their lives are in danger? What if Rose has broken legs and can't walk, so she told Sharon to run and get help, or something?
I always got the impression that Anna was around late 20's in age, at the least, maybe even in her thirties. She looks older than I do, and I'm 19 years old, which is no longer a child. Heck, her mother was an old hag, probably in her fifties or sixties, and if she had Anna at around 20 or thirty years of age, what age does that put Anna in?
The Otherworld was created 30 years ago minimum, and Anna is definitely not 30. At BEST, she was in the womb at the time of the shift, because holy god she looks like she's 24/25, and her way of speaking makes it seem like she never went to school.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I don't see how the Otherworld being only at least 30 years old deals with anything. She could have been alive before then and sucked in due to her involvement with the cult.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Both the original script and the shooting script state Anna is 30, and Tanya Allen was 30 when she filmed the movie. Anna was either just born when Alessa created the Otherworld, or she was born a short while after it was created.
Aerith Gainsborough

I figured that perhaps Claudia was a young child/teen when Alessa went on her rampage, perhaps? Anna was around 30 at the time, so I guess when you're that old, and you're beating up on poor Dahlia, I guess your ass is grass, I don't know.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That doesn't change the fact that Anna was once an innocent baby sucked into the Hell Universe, and everyone who had tried to keep her from having her face eaten off by demon dogs and acid-spitting Lying Figures told her it was Alessa and her mom's fault.

If Alessa really gave even the SLIGHTEST BIT OF A SHIT about right and wrong, she would've teleported that baby to the nearest orphanage in reality. It would've delivered a nice emotional kick in the vagina to the 'deserving' mother, too, and we know she can do it because of Sharon.

Alessa had no reason not to do so except for pure malevolent revenge, and justice is only an excuse to make herself feel better about it.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

AuraTwilight wrote:That doesn't change the fact that Anna was once an innocent baby sucked into the Hell Universe, and everyone who had tried to keep her from having her face eaten off by demon dogs and acid-spitting Lying Figures told her it was Alessa and her mom's fault.

If Alessa really gave even the SLIGHTEST BIT OF A SHIT about right and wrong, she would've teleported that baby to the nearest orphanage in reality. It would've delivered a nice emotional kick in the vagina to the 'deserving' mother, too, and we know she can do it because of Sharon.

Alessa had no reason not to do so except for pure malevolent revenge, and justice is only an excuse to make herself feel better about it.
I agree completely. It's understandable why Alessa is batshit insane, but it doesn't change the fact that she's both crazy and dangerous. Interestingly, the newspaper articles Chris reads say "hundreds of people" disappeared that night, likely comprised of the entire cult, their kids and family members, Alessa's classmates, and basically anyone Alessa felt had ever wronged her. Some, likely most, of these people deserved it, but there were definitely those who didn't, such as Anna.
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I figured that perhaps Claudia was a young child/teen when Alessa went on her rampage, perhaps?
That might be right, since Claudia looks to be in her late 40's or 50's. Given Heather's age, Revelation takes place 39 years after Alessa created the Otherworld and when Alessa as a whole is 48.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

In response to AuraTwilight's most recent post:

Sometimes I just love the bizarreness of any discussion involving Silent Hill.

In response to the current discussion about Anna's age:

I was going to ask "What indication do we get that anyone ages in the Otherworld?", but I guess that the burned Alessa in the hospital bed at the end is the indication we get. One could argue that she's the only one who's aged for some reason, but like anything else, it's just conjecture.

Man, I enjoy the first movie, but it created some real logistical troubles for Bassett.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Dahlia, Christabella, and Eleanor are also clearly shown to have aged.
Aerith Gainsborough

AuraTwilight wrote:That doesn't change the fact that Anna was once an innocent baby sucked into the Hell Universe, and everyone who had tried to keep her from having her face eaten off by demon dogs and acid-spitting Lying Figures told her it was Alessa and her mom's fault.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I was just speculating, anyway, though I really did like the idea of Claudia somehow being spared by Alessa. I think that would have been kind of cool.