Dark Alessa?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Dark Alessa?

Post by wonder's boy »

^ They could incorporate it as an Otherworld transition somehow. Say, Heather gets locked in a room with a large mirror, and we know she's afraid of mirrors from an earlier part in the film or whatever. Then the transformation starts when she sees her reflection freeze and the entire Otherworld crawls out through the mirror into the actual room she's in. Then, boom, she's in her own personal, hellish nightmare! It would look pretty awesome in 3D, too.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^That's pretty much how I thought it out in my head.

However...(I'll put this in a spoiler for those who haven't/don't care to read the provided interview on the first page)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
...in the interview when it says, "I’m walking through my own nightmare and discover I’m not who I thought I was", this really stands out to me that this is the carousel scene. It could be there that she faces the Memory of Alessa, and comes to terms with her past or whatever is going on. For the most part, I don't think Sharon really knew much about Alessa's past. She wasn't present when Dark Alessa was telling Rose about her past, and that's the only time it's mentioned. I think Sharon was pretty much surrounded by crazy Cultists who are trying to kill her and her mother, and a stalker cop, and had no idea what the hell was going on. That could make the carousel scene very likely, since she has no knowledge of her past, at least from what we're not shown in the first film.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^That's pretty much how I thought it out in my head.

However...(I'll put this in a spoiler for those who haven't/don't care to read the provided interview on the first page)
...in the interview when it says, "I’m walking through my own nightmare and discover I’m not who I thought I was", this really stands out to me that this is the carousel scene. It could be there that she faces the Memory of Alessa, and comes to terms with her past or whatever is going on. For the most part, I don't think Sharon really knew much about Alessa's past. She wasn't present when Dark Alessa was telling Rose about her past, and that's the only time it's mentioned. I think Sharon was pretty much surrounded by crazy Cultists who are trying to kill her and her mother, and a stalker cop, and had no idea what the hell was going on. That could make the carousel scene very likely, since she has no knowledge of her past, at least from what we're not shown in the first film.
Keep in mind, though, that Alessa merged with Sharon at the end of the first film. The only reason for her not to remember, at this point, is just because it was a childhood incident and she's now 18 years old.
Aerith Gainsborough

Well, bringing back what we discussed in the Movie Ending theories thread not too long ago. Perhaps they didn't merge together. 'Sharon' seemed very sinister and apathetic, kind of like the older Alessa did. I still think that perhaps Rose and Alessa are together, but didn't merge back with Sharon and that Sharon somehow made it back to Christopher. That would explain why Christopher and 'Heather' are on the road without Rose, because Rose is separated from them through the 'Fog World', under Alessa's control. Catch my drift? I don't remember exactly what went down in that thread, haha. I may quote myself in a little bit -is at a friend's house-
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:
Well, bringing back what we discussed in the Movie Ending theories thread not too long ago. Perhaps they didn't merge together. 'Sharon' seemed very sinister and apathetic, kind of like the older Alessa did. I still think that perhaps Rose and Alessa are together, but didn't merge back with Sharon and that Sharon somehow made it back to Christopher. That would explain why Christopher and 'Heather' are on the road without Rose, because Rose is separated from them through the 'Fog World', under Alessa's control. Catch my drift? I don't remember exactly what went down in that thread, haha. I may quote myself in a little bit -is at a friend's house-
This has been one of the most interesting things about anticipating the sequel. I have heard so many theories on what could be the case here from others and have thought of several myself. Either way, it'll be real fun to see how it all pans out. Since we know the first film and players of the third game know what to expect of that, so it's like we're meshing to two background knowledges to try and figure out what the heck is happening in Revelation. This gets even more interesting when we consider everything that's changed from the game, and how certain parts from the game might not make sense with the film's essentially alternative mythos and story in the Silent Hill universe. I think it's safe to say that what exactly has gone on to bring Heather to be in the real world and on the run with her father is going to be part of the big "revelation." I'm wondering too if they'll keep that subtitle. It sounds okay.

I'd just like to know what the heck Rose has been doing in Alessa's world for like ten years or whatever it is.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

wonder's boy wrote: I'd just like to know what the heck Rose has been doing in Alessa's world for like ten years or whatever it is.
Don't worry. I'm sure the movie will come up with the cliche "Oh, in THIS world time feels like 1000 years, but in the REAL world it's really only a few minutes!" (or some other Narnia-like time wheel clock chart thing). ;)
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^That, or they go the Shattered Memories/2/Homecoming route and:
Have Rose having died in the Otherworld and what we see in the new film be her ghost. And the reason she hasn't aged? Maybe Alessa (from the film) did the same thing to Rose that Alessa (from the game) did to Lisa. Maybe film!Alessa brought her back as a ghost. That's just pure speculation on my part, mind. Guess we'll have to wait for the film to find out what really happens :wink:
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

simeonalo wrote:
wonder's boy wrote: I'd just like to know what the heck Rose has been doing in Alessa's world for like ten years or whatever it is.
Don't worry. I'm sure the movie will come up with the cliche "Oh, in THIS world time feels like 1000 years, but in the REAL world it's really only a few minutes!" (or some other Narnia-like time wheel clock chart thing). ;)
I wish they had done that with the first movie. It would have gone a long way in explaining why Alessa stayed in a filthy hospital bed in an abandoned coal mining town for 20 years before dropping off the baby that Sharon and Chris adopt. What was she doing all that time? For most of that period there wasn't even Game Boy. :P
Xev

Post by Xev »

^ :)
She was reeking havoc on all the townspeople. Then she got bored and decided to split :P

Ive been avoiding these threads because I want to be totally surprised but... I was so wondering the same thing: why is Rose no older and wearing the same clothes. Has to be a ghost in the otherworld.

Re: mirror scene it would totally work! If we're going to have 3-Ds and retarded looking Vincents why cant we have one of the most awesome visuals from IN THE GAME! No explanation needed. We already see Lakeside, so there could be a room of mirrors leading to one huge one cuing that scene. Door finally unlocks to lead out to carousel fight with MOA.
Aerith Gainsborough

I believe Gans stated that Rose did not die, actually. I think the reason she may be wearing the same clothes and looking the same is, since they're in Alessa's parallel world (or whatever you want to call it), time could pass at any rate. They could have been there for five minutes and the outside world could have passed like ten years already. This could be why when Rose encounters Heather (Who I still firmly believe is the 'good part of Alessa (Sharon)' who was separated from Rose and somehow reunited with Chris while the evil part stayed with Rose. This would also explain why when the camera pans out from the Da Silva's home, there are lots of trees grown out. That could indicate that though Rose and Alessa are at their home in a parallel world, the real world's time has surpassed the time that Rose and Alessa are living in. I think the grown up trees/bushes really show this.
Thoughts?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Where does it exactly show the different between small/undergrown plantlife in the DaSilva home compared to the end of grown trees? Is it in a beginning scene or something...? That would be pretty hard to spot IMO.
Aerith Gainsborough

Well, it appears to be massively grown up, and I believe it is in the driveway. That's called 'grown up' trees, to me. Also, I'm referring to the VERY last scene of the movie. Right where, "Lost Carol" begins to play.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I remember when I saw the movie for the first time it was late at night and I was half asleep. I remember thinking, "Why the fuck did the camera just pan over a fucking bush?!?"
Aerith Gainsborough

^Yeah, I always thought that, too. So, I mean, it must show some kind of significance, and I think my spoiler above COULD be why. Of course, I'm probably not right, but it's just a theory.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

^I never noticed it before, but I just had a look at the scene in question and I think I agree with you, Aerith. Those bushes do look like they've grown out from when Rose & Sharon/Alessa arrive home and Chris opens the door. Good theory by the way.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Yeah, I really think they look grown up, and thank you, Shadow. :)
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Just the kind of thing we need a special edition DVD with commentary for! 8)
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

having MoA would be more awesome to me then the mirror scene i mean dont get me wrong i love the mirror scene i just dont think that it would work very well in a movie
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Nice theory of yours, Aerith, I can actually believe it. Although I don't exactly think:
Sharon managed to escape the fog world, Christopher still being unable to physically see Rose and Alessa when Rose and Alessa enter the house in the fog world seemed to me like they wanted to make it clear they weren't able to be reunited.
But it's still a nice thing to consider.

If the mirror scene is done(although I doubt it since the subway scene getting cut out might be an indication smaller scenes in the game that weren't exactly meaningful to the plot are being cut out aswell) I'd want it to happen like this:
Heather should enter the room while on the Otherworld. She must be running from something, either a nurse, pyramid head, or whatever monster. So, she enters this room in order to hid from the monster. Once in, she explores the room, only to find out it's filled with mirrors, she looks at her reflection for a second, the reflection moves in a direction she wasn't moving in(perhaps giving her somekind of demonic look), Heather walks back in fear, as her reflection quickly morphs into memory of Alessa and the mirror starts getting filled with the little red veins, Heather now tries to leave the room through the door but she finds out she can't because the door is locked. She looks back and she sees the whole room now filled with the red thingys, they start getting onto her body as she starts screaming, she falls and hits her head, a.k.a. she is knocked out. Same as the scene with the grey children in the first movie, the room slowly starts getting back to normal(fog world). So yeah, the scene is basically used for the transition which I think is pretty convenient.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Thank you for the compliment on my theory!
I still hold strong that Alessa simply doesn't want Rose to go back to the 'real world.' She wants to stay in her sort of 'Heaven' with the only person who really cared for her: Rose. Rose did more for both Alessa and Sharon than anyone else ever did. Alessa had been wronged by the world, and thus doesn't even need the outside world. All she needs is Rose, and she wants to keep it that way. It's like a selfish child and its toy. I believe that's the reason why she can't see Christopher and vice versa, it's because she's there, but in a different parallel, if that makes any sense. I know we got into a big discussion about this probably a page or so back (Maybe in another thread, who knows). How Sharon could have escaped? No idea, but I do believe that someone she escaped or got reunited with him somehow. I think that's apparent. I can just tell that Rose is no longer with Sharon anymore at the end of the film, she's with Alessa. You can tell by her mood. Sharon is happy and excited, Alessa is cold and emotionless.