Dark Alessa?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: Dark Alessa?

Post by JKristine35 »

Yeah, I can agree with that. I was just speculating, anyway, though I really did like the idea of Claudia somehow being spared by Alessa. I think that would have been kind of cool.
My personal guess is that this very likely will be in Revelation. Perhaps Claudia will be the one child who didn't tease Alessa and who was friendly to her, just like in the game. It may be that that's how Claudia knows of Alessa's powers.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I honestly never thought Alessa had powers before. I always thought she was called a witch in the movie for the fact that she was born through wedlock. That's what I got from it. Honestly, I thought the evil in her became so strong that it made a physical manifestation (as we see in the movie), and thus through that she can cause all this crazy stuff. I don't think she had powers prior to the scene where she gets 'help' in the hospital.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's cut content that explicitly shows Alessa using powers, like controlling the pathways of butterflies and such on a field trip. That, and the dead flower in the hospital is a total giveaway. Alessa's voice even says "Her hate began to change the world."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Aerith Gainsborough

I don't own the DVD, actually, so I haven't seen the cut content, though I've borrowed it before and never remember seeing that, but I'll take your word for it. Also the, "Her hate began to change the world" really implies to what I said above. It's like, her hate became so strong that she was able to make her hate become a manifestation and thus changed the world she lived in: Silent Hill.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The script says it was Alessa who broke the chain during the burning and contained a couple of other scenes of her displaying strange abilities. Also, she uses those powers in the hospital before Dark Alessa ever shows up, wilting the flowers and burning the nurse.
ETA: The reason why the movie presents the idea of Alessa being burned solely because of her lack of a father is because that's what Alessa herself thinks. The way Dark Alessa talks about Alessa "changing the world" in the hospital strongly suggests that Alessa believes anyone in that amount of pain can do those things. Of course, that's not true, but Alessa doesn't understand that. She still has no idea that her powers are unnatural, and so thinks the hatred she received was all because of her birth.
Last edited by JKristine35 on 24 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Aerith Gainsborough

I don't know, I always figured those were minor things showing that her hatred was growing, and thus was starting to take hold of the outside world. Also, the Nurse doesn't even look hurt at all when she rushes out of the room, only startled that Alessa gave her a nasty look. I always assumed that Alessa took revenge on her afterwards.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I don't know, I always figured those were minor things showing that her hatred was growing, and thus was starting to take hold of the outside world.
But that doesn't happen to normal people who get hurt. If you're saying her powers may have been dormant, that makes some sense, though the script disagrees on that point. Also, I added an ETA to help explain my point on my previous post, but you apparently type a lot faster because you replied before I could get it up. :P
Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Also, the Nurse doesn't even look hurt at all when she rushes out of the room, only startled that Alessa gave her a nasty look. I always assumed that Alessa took revenge on her afterwards.
Dark Alessa doesn't say Alessa attacked her later. She says "She even hurt someone who was only curious!", followed by "That's when I came." She makes a clear timeline of events showing Wilting Flowers - Burned Nurse - Manifestation of Dark Alessa - Creation of the Otherworld.
Aerith Gainsborough

I guess dormant can be possible. It just never really seemed like she knew she has powers. If she did, she would have attacked Christabella and them from the get go.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

She still doesn't know she has powers, even to the very moment the movie ends. She just thinks everything she does is normal for someone in her circumstances, when it clearly isn't. I think that's one of the signs of just how stunted and immature Alessa's psyche is.
Aerith Gainsborough

Well, either way, I don't think she used them in front of her classmates, and if Aura is right, then maybe they didn't see (I haven't seen this cut footage, nor read the 2004 script, so no idea).
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

She did use them in front of her classmates. The cut scene has never been released, but a person known for having inside info on the movie (he also posted on IMDb that Adelaide Clemens had been hired to play Heather two weeks before she was announced) stated that the scene showed Alessa on a field trip causing butterflies to flock to her, leading her classmates to start calling her a witch. In the original script, Alessa is shown being beaten by her classmates, causing her to emit a high-pitched and inhuman shriek.
Aerith Gainsborough

I don't know. I just really have to see this. But as far as I know, according to the released movie, no evidence from the released movie supports that. I'd like to believe that Claudia was truly one of her friends, like in the game, I just need to see this stuff.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

No one's arguing whether Claudia might have been Alessa's friend. Personally, I very much think that's exactly what's going to happen. Claudia might be the one kid who wasn't upset by Alessa's strange abilities, and who knew she was a good person nonetheless, just like in the game.
Aerith Gainsborough

Well, what I meant to say is that Claudia was one of her friends who saw her powers, thus knowing that she could perhaps summon God.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

^Exactly. Claudia saw the powers, realized what she could do, was spared Alessa's wrath because she was damned near the only person in the town who was nice to her, and then later decides to use Alessa's powers. I wonder if she'll be a part of The Order in Revelation, or something else entirely?
Aerith Gainsborough

I honestly have no idea. I've seen videos and pictures showing people who look like Cultists, though I don't know if this is for flashback purposes, or if the Cult is coming into play again. It would be kind of weird, since they got killed off, but whatever.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The only thing I've seen of the cultists seems to be a flashback, which makes sense, seeing as Heather is slowly remembering her life as Alessa.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

The impression I've gotten from Bassett whenever the topic has come up on his blog is that he's introducing the Order/the Cult (and honestly, what's in a name?) in this movie as a separate entity from the people we saw in the first movie. From some of the screenshots we've seen,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I keep imagining a flashback scene that shows the religious people from the first movie coming into direct conflict with the Order, perhaps burning members of the Order on the stakes we see in a lot of the set photos.
But that's pure conjecture on my part. The way I understand it, Claudia WILL be a part of the Order in the form it will appear in Revelation. And seeing as how we've seen
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the Halo of the Sun and that giant Valtiel-esque shair
in one of the officially released photos, I get the impression Bassett's gone the full nine yards in bringing the Order to the big screen--Xuchilbara and Seals of Metatron and Flauros and all. Well, maybe not those things specifically, but you catch my drift.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I'm not going to really bother with the first spoiler right now, since we don't really have a lot of information. I'm loving and hating the lack of information. It'll surprise us when the movie does come out, but it's killing us now. I really hope this movie is worth it.

Claudia probably is part of some kind of Cult, I mean...most people don't wear those type of clothes. I still don't understand WHY they made he wear white (if she's in some kind of Cult, then I believe black would do much nicer), but whatever.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^Maybe the white is meant to signify that Claudia isn't completely evil. It's common enough to symbolize good and evil with white and black, so dressing a villain in white is nice subversion, IMO. Also, Bassett commented somewhere on his blog that Carrie-Ann Moss was wearing a jacket over her costume in the set photos in question, so we can't be sure of her exact appearance.