Final cut locked tonight

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Final cut locked tonight

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I don't know, but if Vincent is really the goody-goody boyfriend type, then his character automatically fails. That is nothing like the Vincent we all know and love.

I agree. There is so much info. about this movie that has been released or claimed.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Well, Vincent seems to have morphed into a young Douglas (which would explain the last name), so it makes sense that his character is changing. I think he's going to be for Heather what Cybil was for Rose in the first movie; a supportive friend who acts as a sounding board for the main character to verbalize their thoughts. Also, I'm okay with it if
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Vincent and Heather are already a couple at the beginning of the film. But if they go with that cheesy "they fell in love along the way" crap, I'm going to roll my eyes so hard.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I actually speculated once that maybe Vincent is going to be like Douglas by working for Claudia and trying to find information about Heather. If that's the case, then a 'falling in love along the way' plot is possible. It's super cheesy, but eh. It would work better than them being in love from the get go (If Vincent is supposed to be anything like himself from the game or like Douglas).
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You know, even if they did fall in love along the way, I would just lol because so many SH3 fanfics do that with Heather and Vincent anyway. I'd almost see it as a sort of Take That.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I want to say Bassett said that while he changed the character, he wants to keep some of the moral aspects of Vincent from the game. I'm guessing movie!Vincent will question Heather's motives and the world around them, regardless of his relationship with her.
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

I really liked the first movie and want to see what is in store for the new one as well as what they do with Vincent and the others, I wonder how long until teasers and such start to show up.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
Aerith Gainsborough

^I'd say within the next couple of months, since the release has been expected for early 2012, and the trailer is underway. I'd really love to have it on 11-11-11. ;)
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

^Ahh it would be to much to wish it was on 11-30-11 lol but I've been seeing 11-11-11 a lot it is freaky..

I have a lot of patience so I can wait..longer then people should to tell the truth.
"Just because we've similar interests does not guarantee you're going to like me! My foot in your ass is a good example of that. My delusionary hell does not agree with yours!!" -Nny
Aerith Gainsborough

^The only reason I want it to be released on that date is because that's my birthday.

Patience is definitely needed for stuff like this, especially when we've been receiving news about it since March. Dang, that's 8 months. I can't believe it's been that long.
ShadowofNyx
Just Passing Through

Post by ShadowofNyx »

^ lol the same reason I mentioned 11-30-11 because it's my birthday.

Yeah when waiting for things like this one has to have a lot of patience or else it would see a lot longer then it really is and you'll burn out.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

I'm actually dreading the trailer, only because once I see it I probably won't be able to sleep again for a while due to overwhelming excitement for the movie which is what happened when I saw the first movie's trailer. Good to know it's really "getting there" though.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I want an April release. Then we'll have HD Collection in January, Book of Memories in February, Downpour in May, and Revelation in April. The first third of 2012 will belong to Silent Hill!
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It shall go down in history as the year of epic silence!
Xev

Post by Xev »

JKristine35 wrote: (about time already).
http://twitter.com/#!/michaeljbassett/s ... 2804758528
INDEED - I CANNOT WAIT. They are taking their sweet time with this and I hope all the extra additions/editing improves it all the more.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I couldn't agree more! I'm really hoping that this time and care really leaves us with a jaw dropping film that surpasses the first film completely. I've been so excited for this and following the process religiously, so I really hope that it doesn't end up being a flop.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Amy wrote:
VenusDoom wrote:Shut the fuck up and go back to youtube.
Not appropriate. We do not talk to each other like that here.
Uhh, Amy, where exactly do you think we are? We're on a site devoted to flamewarring over stuff like this! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I don't know how I'm gonna make it waiting so long for the movie to come out! I'm ALREADY excited! :D

...but if it comes out like that shitty Uwe Boll adaptation of BloodRayne, I think I'm gonna hang myself. :|
Aerith Gainsborough

^We prohibit any form of flaming towards any person on this forum. That post contained rude language to another member, which is not tolerated.

I agree with you, though. I really want this movie to be great.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Er, Aerith, I think that was a joke when they said that part about flamewarring.
Aerith Gainsborough

^Clearly. As was I.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^I wasn't joking all that much. Have you SEEN some of the arguments here? It makes /b/tard arguments look well-thought out and reasonable. :P
Miz Gainsborough, you should know--I mean, you've been here longer than I have. Well, kinda. Hours-wise, anyway.

Has Michael J Bassett announced the trailer release date yet? I want to mark it on my calendar! ^-^