Final cut locked tonight

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Final cut locked tonight

Post by JKristine35 »

Bassett tweeted a few hours ago that the final cut of Revelation will be locked tonight, and the post production team is now moving onto sound and FX. Looks like we're getting there, slowly but surely.
Http://twitter.com/#!/michaeljbassett/s ... 5967122433
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Final cut locked tonight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Fuck yea!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Just saw this on FB and tiptoed through the tulips over here to see if anyone had chatted about it yet...and JK is ON it! HECK YES!

This is great. I wonder how long it will be before they cut a trailer, then..I'm being impatient. Shigadamlambs I hate waiting! I will procrastinate like hell and then can't wait another day for stuff like this as I hear more and more news.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

I AM EXCITE. But what's new? :P

Seriously, it still boggles my mind every time I think about how for three or four years, it pretty much looked like this movie wasn't going to get made, and now they're doing a final cut. GO, SILENT HILL MOVIE TRAIN, GO!
lucifero
Just Passing Through

Post by lucifero »

this movie will be f%&cked so bad yo mama wont be able to recognise it

seriously, is this a family reunion for alessa?
n vincent being a good guy.....
n malcolm mc dowell not remembering he was in this movie in an interview
n script writer fired, replaced by the director himself, script redone
n lower production costs....
n cheap looking valtiel statue in the movie....
n possibly no yamakoa...
n pyramid head returning.....
n 3D effects
n i love milfs

n haters will be haters......
hope at least the special effects are done right, the only thing i can look forward to in this pseudo-B movie, better yet if i'm proven wrong
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Shut the fuck up and go back to youtube. Some of us actually enjoied the first. And this is proving to be better. I can't wait for a trailer.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

lucifero wrote:this movie will be f%&cked so bad yo mama wont be able to recognise it

seriously, is this a family reunion for alessa?
n vincent being a good guy.....
n possibly no yamakoa...
n 3D effects
n i love milfs

n haters will be haters......
hope at least the special effects are done right, the only thing i can look forward to in this pseudo-B movie, better yet if i'm proven wrong
Please stop pretending to be a blind butthurt dimwitted fanboy. It's rather hilarious.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Anyway...-shifty eyes-

I'm glad to hear this! Thanks for sharing, Kristine! Definitely progress, which makes me happy. I've been pumped for this movie since I heard news about it in March, and I don't think this feeling is going to fade! Hopefully we'll have a trailer in the next couple of months?
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

VenusDoom wrote:Shut the fuck up and go back to youtube.
Not appropriate. We do not talk to each other like that here.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Cool to hear that it's coming along just fine. I can't wait to go to the theater and see this on opening weekend.
lucifero
Just Passing Through

Post by lucifero »

VenusDoom wrote:Shut the fuck up and go back to youtube.
you hurt me feel'ns
Piramit Kafa
Just Passing Through

Post by Piramit Kafa »

It's gonna be great! I loved the first movie and I don't mind the changes at all. Just give us the movie already!
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
Aerith Gainsborough

I want this movie to be as perfect as MJB can make it. I will wait months and months if I have to, as long as he feels that it is perfect. I truly have faith that he's really going to deliver us a good film, and I hope that this trust doesn't have to be flushed that the toilet.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Further news from Bassett's twitter, the trailer is being put together right now (about time already).
http://twitter.com/#!/michaeljbassett/s ... 2804758528
Aerith Gainsborough

Yeah, I heard news about that a few weeks ago. I hope we could get the trailer within the next month or so (Hopefully on 11-11-11 ;) ). That would be a nice birthday present.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

lucifero wrote:n vincent being a good guy.....
n possibly no yamakoa...
n 3D effects
n i love milfs
In regards to Vincent, I have been avoiding much of the spoiler discussions, but as far as I can see it, we don't really know what's going on...

With regards to the script writing, I don't see why this is necessarily a bad thing. You're just jumping to conclusions. For all we know Basset's script and intentions are far superior to what was being initially proposed. The fact that he's trying to bring the movies more in line with the games is already a benefit.

Where do you get this 'lower production costs' info? Why would this film need an astronomical budget? This ain't Titanic...

You don't know what Valtiel finally looks like in the movie... Have you ever seen behind the scenes footage and props for any movie in production? That stuff doesn't necessarily look so great either until it's on screen with finished effects and compositing. It's like judging Avatar's quality based on the real-time rendered footage and maquettes.

As for Yamaoka, we don't know what's going on. All signs point in the direction that they are working hard to get him on board. And even if they don't it's not the biggest issue.

Pyramid Head returning, as has been discussed numerous times, makes sense given the first film and the reallocating of Pyramid Head thematically to Alessa. Yeah this isn't exactly like the games... But I can look past it for the other 100 things it does right.

3-D is awesome in my opinion. Just got a 3DTV recently, and watching TRON: Legacy and playing Shadow of the Colossus in hi def 3-D is amazing! I look forward to owning the 3-D blu-ray of this movie if I love what I see in the theater.

I don't know who you're referring to, but who doesn't like an attractive woman whose feminity is easily apparent while actually wearing normal clothes without having to stoop to showing skin and being slutty or trying to imitate masculinity and whose character actually strives to be a good mother of her child.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I agree with you about Vincent. Vincent honestly seems like an enigma at the moment, and I really think there is more to Vincent than meets the eye.

Theory about Vincent...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I mentioned months ago in another topic seen here that if Heather and Vincent are a couple (MJB did not deny or support this, really, as he did say that Sean Bean, the person who told us that they were a couple, was a little off on his information), then perhaps he lead her on so that could get her into the Cult's clutches, or just simply sold her out to the Cult. I really feel like some sort of betrayal will be involved between the two.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The scene of them holding hands is one of, if not the, last scene in the movie. I doubt that would happen if he ever betrayed her.
Aerith Gainsborough

^
Wasn't that just said by some random person? I really can't believe the word of an onlooker. Besides, they could have been mistaken on what scene that was supposed to be for.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

If I recall correctly,at least two or three onlookers reported seeing that happen. One of them was able to sneak up to the call sheet and is the reason we know Vincent's last name is Carter, and they reported that the call sheet confirmed it was one of the film's last shots. It's also a wonder why
Chris would be with them when the movie seems to be about Heather fighting Claudia and her demons specifically because Chris was kidnapped. This would also suggest it's near the end of the film, when Heather has finally achieved her goal - to find Chris.
This movie really needed better ways of keeping people away while shooting. :/