What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Re: What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

peronmls wrote:Is there a link to that. I wanna see. =)
Sorry :( my brother is the one that showed me it, so, i don't really know if a link is possible, i'll have to ask him later :/
I was also very surprised to see it, since i thought it was Vincent, too :P
Let me ask him :D I will tell you later ;)

EDIT: here it is ;)

http://www.facebook.com/SilentHillRevel ... permPage=1

there it is, official confirmation! Now, i must say that it was a very bad move on the producers' part to show a lot on the trailer, and also bad move on the SH official page's part to tell something as big as that. One can easily assume that it's her monster/God (i hope it makes into it) form, so, basically the whole plot has been revealed by now.

I love Claudia, so, i always want to look for these things, too :D i will keep my eyes open for any other Wolf related note ;)
chounokoe
Just Passing Through

Post by chounokoe »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:there it is, official confirmation! Now, i must say that it was a very bad move on the producers' part to show a lot on the trailer, and also bad move on the SH official page's part to tell something as big as that. One can easily assume that it's her monster/God (i hope it makes into it) form, so, basically the whole plot has been revealed by now.
Well, considering that they are also aiming for a non-gamer audience it isn't that much of a bad move. Not every movie-goer is expected to be as avid as to search every source they might give him and to someone who has never played the game, the knowledge of a character named Claudia Wolf saying such a line means nothing.

And to be honest, it actually confuses me more than it tells me anything about the plot. Why would Claudia say this? In the games plot, the Otherworld was the preparation for a paradise to come and she was willing to go any length to see her god born. Now this line is actually a 180°, showing that she either truly believes this to be Hell and is transformed against her will or that her part of the cult actually wants to call forth a demon and bring hell to earth. It is either a departure of the things around her or from her motive.
I'm quite interested in both alternatives, but yes, it really makes it seem like the movie takes it quite far from the original concept, which is not a bad idea.
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

chounokoe wrote:
Claudia_Wolf wrote:there it is, official confirmation! Now, i must say that it was a very bad move on the producers' part to show a lot on the trailer, and also bad move on the SH official page's part to tell something as big as that. One can easily assume that it's her monster/God (i hope it makes into it) form, so, basically the whole plot has been revealed by now.
Well, considering that they are also aiming for a non-gamer audience it isn't that much of a bad move. Not every movie-goer is expected to be as avid as to search every source they might give him and to someone who has never played the game, the knowledge of a character named Claudia Wolf saying such a line means nothing.

And to be honest, it actually confuses me more than it tells me anything about the plot. Why would Claudia say this? In the games plot, the Otherworld was the preparation for a paradise to come and she was willing to go any length to see her god born. Now this line is actually a 180°, showing that she either truly believes this to be Hell and is transformed against her will or that her part of the cult actually wants to call forth a demon and bring hell to earth. It is either a departure of the things around her or from her motive.
I'm quite interested in both alternatives, but yes, it really makes it seem like the movie takes it quite far from the original concept, which is not a bad idea.
True. Sorry, for a moment i forgot that it was a general-audience movie XD

I don't really know what i was talking about , neither :/ But at least this thing confirms that she is going to be a monster! (actually, that was what i mean to say, they spoiled that she is going to transform).

As for the paradise thing you say, there are various possible realsons:

1. It's an editing trick, just as the "You were chosen to destroy the Demon", which is believed to be said by Claudia, rather than Dahlia, since in the trailer it's very clear that Heather screams "Go to Hell!" to Dark Alessa/Memory Of Alessa in the carousel (unlike the demon line, which isn't said by Dahlia judging by her lip synch and the way she says it.), so, maybe the line they qouted at the official page was another trick, and they just put two completely different lines together, and Claudia is really talking about Paradise, not Hell.

2.Carrie Anne Moss' description of Claudia: She said that "she is a powerful and slightly insane woman, but a zealot who truly believes in what she is doing" it sounds like game Claudia, so maybe she is still going to talk some ridiculous stuff about her beloved Paradise in the movie, but maybe not: Carrie could have been describing what she SAW in the game, and not what she PLAYED at the actual scenes, so, maybe this Claudia is going to be differnet :'(

3. The Seal: We all know now that she is going to reveal her "true nature" near the end (yet another spoiler by the trailer itself D:), but what exactly is her true nature? what is her "fake" nature, then? I'm guessing she is going to do something very similar to Dahlia from SH1, she is going to act like she actually cares about Paradise, Salvation, etc. and then, when her true nature is revealed, she will transform and will worship "Hell" instead of "Paradise".

So, there are my theories! :D obviously they don't have a relevance, so, it's just to have fun making guesses!
I also agree with the differences thing, I really think it's very good to have a different story, rather than the game's just on the big screen ;)
Otherworldly
Just Passing Through

Post by Otherworldly »

I really wanted Valtiel. I mean...i love Red Pyramid Thing, but Valtiel is the protector of the mother of god...unless this movie is going in a different direction, then he should have his place in the movie. ...anyone else notice in the trailer when (possible spoiler): chris is at the amusement park and sees Heather, he calls her Sharon...doesn't that kind of ruin the story?
"A detective? Really? Well, nice talkin' to ya."
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I'll be pretty upset if Valtiel isn't in the movie and Pyramid Head gets all the screen time.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Otherworldly wrote: ...anyone else notice in the trailer when (possible spoiler): chris is at the amusement park and sees Heather, he calls her Sharon...doesn't that kind of ruin the story?
Anyone who's seen the original would most likely figure it out anyways.
Sith_Dreamer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sith_Dreamer »

You know, I could go on about what I wished had made it into the film, but that doesn't matter much. However, did anyone notice as Heather is exiting the elevator, when she moves down the hall there is a mannequinn that looks a lot like the Dolls of Downpour. It doesn't surprise me, as we got Downpour in '12 with the film, and Downpour was even featured somewhat in the Universal Studios haunted House. Its not on screen for long, but the slightly hunched body with the wild hair looks awfully similar to me. Anyone else notice it?
"Once More the Sith Shall Rule the Galaxy!"- Palpatine
"Welcome to My Nightmare!"- Freddy Krueger
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

KiramidHead wrote:
Otherworldly wrote: ...anyone else notice in the trailer when (possible spoiler): chris is at the amusement park and sees Heather, he calls her Sharon...doesn't that kind of ruin the story?
Anyone who's seen the original would most likely figure it out anyways.
Plus that tidbit is revealed 5 minutes into the film anyway.
Sith_Dreamer wrote:You know, I could go on about what I wished had made it into the film, but that doesn't matter much. However, did anyone notice as Heather is exiting the elevator, when she moves down the hall there is a mannequinn that looks a lot like the Dolls of Downpour. It doesn't surprise me, as we got Downpour in '12 with the film, and Downpour was even featured somewhat in the Universal Studios haunted House. Its not on screen for long, but the slightly hunched body with the wild hair looks awfully similar to me. Anyone else notice it?
I didn't notice anything like that during my first two viewings. I will keep an eye out next time though. I loved the dolls in Downpour.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.