What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

It really would be interesting if somehow they put in some of the twin ghost type monsters from SH4..
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

These would be the monsters I would like to see in SH:R and why, assuming of course it stays relatively similar to the plot of SH3.

Mannequin- representative of the impossible physical perfection teenage girls are expected to have

Closer- if done in the mall scene, the Closers could be interpretations of shoppers within the mall, and be symbolic of how Heather longs to have a normal life (like going shopping in the mall with friends)

Insane Cancer- represents teenage girl's insecurities about weight and physical appearance, could also symbolize the growing life inside Heather

Pendulum- represents how Heather's life is constantly turned upside down whenever her family has to flee the dark forces, the Pendulum could also imply self-injury on Heather's part

Leonard Wolf- I think it would be awesome if Leonard became his monster form when Silent Hill shifted to the Otherworld (think like an Otherworld werewolf). He is blind, so perhaps his monster form could have no eyes, and use its' tongue or nose to sense it's way around (somewhat like a Slurper). He would be symbolic of how Silent Hill effects one if they allow its' Darkness to take them over, or simply be an always present threat in the mind of the Cultists.

Valtiel- I think Valtiel could work in SH:R if he was some sort of God the Cult prayed to. I think it would love it if the statue of Valtiel came to life in the Otherworld and began killing Cult members, as it would be the perfect irony- the being they pray to ends up being their destroyer.

Needler- obviously representative of Heather being pregnant

Amnion- again, heavily symbolic of Heather's pregnancy, the Amnion could also imply Heather's love for insects (if that is ever mentioned in the film)

Pyramid Head- I firmly believe having Pyramid Head be the punisher and protector of Silent Hill is perfect for the films. Keep in mind, Heather is still Alessa, who created the first Otherworld, where Pyramid Head was her punisher and protector. Now that Heather is coming back into the world of Silent Hill, Pyramid Head should serve the same function- protect her and kill those that threaten her.

Robbie the Rabbit- I always thought the creepies thing ever would be to have Robbie become a monster in the Otherworld... I don't know why but it would be both cool and terrifying at the same time.
Last edited by The Demon on 11 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

How would the Needler represent Heather being pregnant?
SilentOne
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentOne »

JKristine35 wrote:How would the Needler represent Heather being pregnant?
Head coming out from between the legs, methinks. :3
Yo.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

SilentOne wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:How would the Needler represent Heather being pregnant?
Head coming out from between the legs, methinks. :3
I can see that
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Sorry to ask, but, is there any confirmation (official confirmation) about god being in the movie?
I have heard some things, but nothing concrete.
The best thing regarding her POSSIBLE existance in the movie is a picture that i saw some days ago: It shows part of the bridge, and someone there wrote: "I know this makes you angry <3"
So, it is obvious that it was written by Claudia to Heather. Her principal motive for Heather to be angry is the birth of god. So, if that specific writing is in there, is there a chance to see the god, then?
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

^ Link, please? It sounds like fanpic, especially with the "<3".
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Yeah i would like to see the picture too!
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The only evidence of the god in Revelation is an artwork by Roger Avary's concept artist showing a fetus in a womb.
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Sorry, but i finally managed to get the picture again. For me, its kind of "real", especially since there are more pictures of the bridge in the same facebook page, and nobody should have been allowed to trespass that zone; but you are the judge :)
Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater
So, any chance to see god, then? I hope so, but what do yuo think?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Hmm idk. it looks good to me.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

We don't know for absolutely sure that the whole "God" thing will be IN the movie--I mean, they rather radically changed Silent Hill in the first movie, so why not take the second in another direction?

I'd like to see the Scythe Mantises from the sewers in this one. Those were the scariest monsters from SH1, since they did not show up on the radio, and they spent time either lurking hanging from the ceiling, or making tiny splitch-splotch sounds as they snuck up behind you to CLAW YOU TO DEATH.

The Missionary was annoying and it just looked like a bad halloween costume, so I hope they replace it with an original monster for the movie.

But a big question is, what will Valtiel look like?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

But a big question is, what will Valtiel look like?
Probably like the staue. It would be weird if it wasnt like the statue
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

Claudia_Wolf wrote:Sorry to ask, but, is there any confirmation (official confirmation) about god being in the movie?
The best thing regarding her POSSIBLE existance in the movie is a picture that i saw some days ago: It shows part of the bridge, and someone there wrote: "I know this makes you angry <3"
So, it is obvious that it was written by Claudia to Heather. Her principal motive for Heather to be angry is the birth of god. So, if that specific writing is in there, is there a chance to see the god, then?
It's so much obvious that Claudia had write to Heather? it could be anyone else, not just Claudia I'm believe.
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?
Claudia_Wolf
Just Passing Through

Post by Claudia_Wolf »

Murphy Pendleton wrote:
Claudia_Wolf wrote:Sorry to ask, but, is there any confirmation (official confirmation) about god being in the movie?
It's so much obvious that Claudia had write to Heather? it could be anyone else, not just Claudia I'm believe.
Well, in SH3, she is the only character that wanted Heather to be angry (killing Harry, producing the Otherworld transitions when she was nearby, speaking with riddles to annoy heather, etc.)
I dont really think that other characters could do the same in the movie.

Suki will probably die early in the film, Vincent is just a "friend" of Heather, Leonard...maybe, but seeing that he is in prison, he couldnt be, Rose....hmmm...maybe, if the plot is changed. Harry cant be, i think, why could he want his daughter to be angry, after he was kidnapped?. Dahlia is another possible candidate, if she has changed somehow. So, for me, Claudia would be the ONLY one that could write it, maybe not for the rebirth of God and Paradise, but for another simple reason (for the movie's time...maybe she just wants to resurrect the real Alessa from Heather), because in the game she wanted her to be angry, at all cost, she and only SHE.
Douglas, we dont know how he has changed, but we cant know if he is still the detective we all knew, or if he has been changed to another character, we dont even know if he will interact with Heather, maybe he is stalking her, or he could be in flashbacks only.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

I just want to see new creatures and obviously those essential for the storyline. It would be nice to be caught off guard by something horrifying and unexpected not seen in the games.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

HeresJohnny wrote:I just want to see new creatures and obviously those essential for the storyline. It would be nice to be caught off guard by something horrifying and unexpected not seen in the games.
No new creatures unless Ito did it which he was offered but turned it down! D=

There are new monsters and others from the game. I had asked Micheal that question.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

peronmls wrote:
HeresJohnny wrote:I just want to see new creatures and obviously those essential for the storyline. It would be nice to be caught off guard by something horrifying and unexpected not seen in the games.
No new creatures unless Ito did it which he was offered but turned it down! D=

There are new monsters and others from the game. I had asked Micheal that question.
I hope they balance it out well. I liked the Janitor in the first film, but I'm hoping they don't go too overboard with new monsters, especially if there's not going to be that many new monsters from the games in the film.
There were a total of seven monster varieties in the first film (if you count Alessa at the end). So far we know that SH:R will have Pyramid Head, the Nurses, and most likely Robbie the Rabbit and a Scraper. That's four, and if there are going to be new monsters as well, I'm hoping they're important to the story, because there isn't much room for new monsters from the games. I'm hoping we'll get one or two completely new monsters, several from the games, and then PH and the Nurses. I don't want to see a bunch of monsters from the first film repeated.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Split Heads are diffinaltely not going to be in cause Micheal said so we can rule that out. I wish they were in there though. =(
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

Well I'm think that for now it's worries me more about the good costume design from the monsters, cause, it's never expect to see the monster that we would like to see.
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?