First Test Screening Today

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: First Test Screening Today

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Retcon? Where's my fucking shot gun!?

No seriously, I really hope they don't retcon. It's far too messy and too damn annoying.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Bassett wouldn't do that to us.

Wait...would he? ((worried face))
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I believe he said on his blog way back when he got the job that he wouldn't be retconning anything.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

^This. Bassett's been very specific about not retconning the first film.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Yeah, I remember that bit too. Ah, the good ol' days of stalking Bassett's blogs when he was in the process of getting the film together. If anyone hasn't watched Deathwatch yet, now would be a good time to. I haven't seen any other films of his, but I know Deathwatch is a pretty good psychological horror/thriller/mystery combo. Gives you a taste of Bassett. (In the most platonic sense of the phrase, I promise 8) )
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Retcons make my brain hurt from rage. >_<

And I'd also like to see if/how they incorporate the "Birth of God" plot into the movie. It wouldn't fit super-seamlessly, since the bad guy from the first movie, Christabella, was decidedly anti-magic, and Dahlia is a sympathetic character with no real evil in her (but no spine, either).

Who gets to be the bad guy in THIS movie? How does Claudia fit into all this, if she isn't quite as related to Heather and Dahlia? Did they fuck up Vincent's character? Does
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Harry/Christopher bite it in here, too?
SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! :evil:
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

I think they'll tell us, just like in SH3, that Claudia was a childhood friend with Alessa. And that she has some sort of powers just like her, aswell. I think they'll also have to add how did she not end up in Alessa's Fog World/Otherworld and whether or not she was part of Christabella's Cult (in order to make the storyline closer to SH3, she should not).

But, what I hope the most, is that they really delve this time into what really makes the Fog World/Otherworld. They should make it like SH3, where both worlds/monsters were sometimes forced by Claudia (because she has the same powers as Alessa), and that sometimes they were created by Heather.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Since Dahlia is in this one as well, they probably have more of her story to tell. Maybe she wasn't as innocent as we thought? Maybe her regret goes deeper than we thought?

It's already been confirmed that the cult and The Order are two separate entities, what if Dahlia was a member, and that Alessa was given the powers that got her accused of being a witch because of what The Order were doing to her? What if the cult burned Alessa preventing the birth of The Order's 'God' and this film works The Order's plan from SH3 in very accurately? Maybe Dahlia basically handed Alessa over to the cult to unleash her powers instead of burning her herself? All speculation, probably not true, but the point is there are endless ways they could get SH3 and the 'birth of God' to fit without having to 'undo' the original film, and ret-conning doesn't always have to be glaring and apparent.

For every bad ret-con like "Laurie Strode actually cut off the head of a paramedic who Michael Myers switched clothes with", there's a good one, like "Laurie Strode is Michael Myers' sister, and he wants to finish what he started".
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.