Producer email: SHR likely a 2013 release

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Producer email: SHR likely a 2013 release

Post by JKristine35 »

Don Carmody recently replied to an email sent through his official site (http://www.doncarmody.com) that no release date has been decided, but that the film is likely looking at an early 2013 release. I'd say January 2013 is probably when we'll be seeing it, which suggests the producers don't think SHR is going to do very well. :(

Screencap of email: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3558/silenthillo.png
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Producer email: SHR likely a 2013 release

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

That's really sad news. I really hope that this means that the movie is going to be absolutely mind boggling, though!
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Whether we find it mind boggling or not, January and February are traditional dumping grounds for films that producers feel aren't any good. I really doubt the producers have any faith in SHR at all.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

That's a shame. Do they not want sales? If they want sales, they should do it during a hot month or a hot time of the year. I'm actually really sad about that.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Fucking idiots. A horror movie will do WONDERS in October REGARDLESS of competitions. What the hell man?
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

It's so awesome (sarcasm) how we fans eagerly and patiently wait for these things, and the company is more worried about how profitable their choice of release date will be. The original Silent Hill did well in box office, and not only that, but this year alone, 3 separate Silent Hill games will have been released, leaving plenty of room for Revelation to capitalize, especially if it's released in October.

The original Silent Hill game was designed specifically to be a masterpiece, crafted lovingly by it's creators, with no concern for profit. It's almost an insult to the series and the fans that the movie producers are so profit-oriented about it.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

rm2kking wrote:It's so awesome (sarcasm) how we fans eagerly and patiently wait for these things, and the company is more worried about how profitable their choice of release date will be. The original Silent Hill did well in box office, and not only that, but this year alone, 3 separate Silent Hill games will have been released, leaving plenty of room for Revelation to capitalize, especially if it's released in October.

The original Silent Hill game was designed specifically to be a masterpiece, crafted lovingly by it's creators, with no concern for profit. It's almost an insult to the series and the fans that the movie producers are so profit-oriented about it.
Movies are made generally to make money, dude. It's not usually about the fans; it's what will bring in the most revenue. Also, while the first movie didn't do too badly, it also didn't bring in stellar profits, either.

I wish they'd release it in October because of the horror aspect, but I guess we'll just have to wait, unfortunately. Whether or not the producers think the movie is bad is irrelevant; we all know that chances are it's not going to hit mainstream success because it's (probably) more of a thinking-movie. Hopefully they'll at least advertise it, though; that'll get some audiences.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I also wouldn't mind an October release. It's not like there's another Saw film coming out that will completely crush it this year.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Yuki wrote:Movies are made generally to make money, dude.
I realize, but it's still a bummer.

And also, the first part of my post was explaining how I think they WOULD turn a profit. This is also why it's a bummer, because I think if they are so worried about money, the year when 3 Silent Hill games come out would likely be the most profitable year to release a movie based on Silent Hill.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I have this sneaking suspicion the movie is actually a turd. I don't want to think it's true, but at this point I will be genuinely (but pleasantly!) shocked if the movie is actually decent.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Can't say I didn't see it coming but it sucks all the same. At least we know (pretty much) for sure now and can stop speculating. Tbh, I wasn't a massive fan of the original (but still enjoyed it) and whilst I'm anticipating Revelations I'm under no pretence that it's going to blow my mind. It seems reasonable to deduce that the film's not very amazing and that they're going to dump it in the new year.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

In case anyone didn't know...the new resident evil movie was already advertised for the Sept/October period... and since they are produced by the same company a 2013 release is not all that shocking guys.

Holding the movie off does not mean they don't have faith in it... there simply is ALOT of major blockbuster movies this year, and there simply isn't a good spot for the movie to come out for its own weekend.

I'm bummed about having to wait too, but I'm not thinking it means the movie will be bad... patience guys... the day will come... eventually!
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY
ivs
Just Passing Through

Post by ivs »

^^^ I agree with the above and I hated the first movie and don't think the new one will be very good. However, films get buried or infinitely delayed by studios because of timing or other legal things. A couple horror examples include Midnight Meat Train and Mother's Day (remake which still isn't out years after trailers).

Whether or not they are good films isn't the reason, there are tons of companies and people involved so there are infinite possibilities of a delay that any director cannot publicly speak about.

I'll still support the movie and see it, the best thing fans can do is start a petition or site to let the studio know they are sitting on $$$$$. It may not help, but who ultimately knows.

Plus, it's 2012 and as we near December the media is going to blow the end of the world thing through the roof, if SH:Revelations wasn't ready by summer it might just be better for all of us to have a polished film released at a time that'll benefit everyone! Maybe?
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Perhaps that petition thing is a good idea.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Horror and october has been done to death. Time to break this trend, fellas. ;)
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^But will the "normal" people really want to see a horror movie out-of-season? And beyond that, of that group, who would want to see a sequel horror movie based on a slowly deteriorating psychological horror game franchise?

If it doesn't get released around the right time, no-one will want to see it that badly. :/

But the longer they make me wait, the harder I wish for the violent deaths of SH:R3D's producers. :evil:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The original Silent Hill game was designed specifically to be a masterpiece, crafted lovingly by it's creators, with no concern for profit.
Citation Needed.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill#Design

Third paragraph. It was said by Takayoshi Sato.
Am I really one to make stuff up?
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Wikipedia.org wrote:He said that the development team intended to make Silent Hill a masterpiece rather than a traditional sales-oriented game, and that they opted for an engaging story, which would persist over time – similar to successful literature.
Holy shit. An honest to jeebus citation. AuraTwilight, I think this makes your argument invalid. :shock:
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Why do people put so much weight on what the producers (might) think of the quality of the movie. The director has mentioned several times his delight with making the movie and how it was coming along during the process. I'd more likely trust the guy who was very closely involved with the movie than some guys whose job is solely to make as much money from the movie as possible. Until I see clear evidence of the poor quality of the movie from these producers or anyone else, I will remain hopeful. There could be numerous reasons for the delay. In the meantime, every hold hands with me and hope that this movie comes out kicking ass!
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.