No Release Date

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: No Release Date

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^If it's anything like Michael J Bassett's previous work, this shit's getting Oscars. Or at least, enough money to warrant the production of further sequels. :3

Of course, if this new Silent Hill movie comes out looking more like BloodRayne or Alone in the Dark, I'll have to start killing people, because no movie that bad should ever be released, unless it's an openly mocking statement on modern cinema. Uwe Boll movies are just plain awful, though.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

I wouldn't predict the success of a Silent Hill movie based on the previous work of people involved... the guy who wrote the awful script for the first movie did Pulp Freakin' Fiction.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

KingCrimson wrote:I wouldn't predict the success of a Silent Hill movie based on the previous work of people involved... the guy who wrote the awful script for the first movie did Pulp Freakin' Fiction.
Do you mean the script we see filmed, or the original script itself? They're actually rather different.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Good point,but both are pretty bad. Certainly neither are anywhere near Pulp Fiction. All I was saying is that Avery is obviously a competent screenwriter, yet the screenplay was the worst part of the first film.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Honestly, I'm not sure how much of Pulp Fiction was written by Avary. If I had to guess, I'd say Tarantino wrote far more of it than he did.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Even if the new film had an amazing script, it wouldn't go up for some huge award. These films are popular, but not as popular compared to films that usually got up for huge awards, and I just don't see it getting something as prestigious as an Oscar. It would have to have the biggest actors in Hollywood and it MAY be in the running. Unfortunately, the actors in the films are well known, but they're not held as high as say...Angelina Jolie or Jack Nicholson.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I could totally see Jack Nicholson in a few of the roles, now that you mention him. "Did I wake you, cupcake?" :)
bl00dmuffin
Just Passing Through

Post by bl00dmuffin »

I had a dream last night that the release date was announced for May 28. If only!
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

^As wonderful as that is (and I'm mildly sure that we'd all agree that's wonderful), it's been announced by MJ Bassett that there's going to be a four-month media blitz before the film is released. We haven't even gotten one damn trailer yet. ;_;
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:^As wonderful as that is (and I'm mildly sure that we'd all agree that's wonderful), it's been announced by MJ Bassett that there's going to be a four-month media blitz before the film is released. We haven't even gotten one damn trailer yet. ;_;
It's been said the producers like to do it, not necessarily that they will. :/ Based on how they're acting now, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lack of advertising.

I hope, though, that it's the best-advertised Silent Hill product of the more-recent ones. HD Collection and Downpour were hardly advertised, if at all.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^ Yeah, they need to bombard us with trailers and commercials like they did with that Hunger Games movie, then at least it will stir up interest among the people who have totally forgotten about the first film or who may not even seen it. Seriously, though, the people behind the SH franchise really need to do something about their advertising :P
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Fevered Dream wrote:^ Yeah, they need to bombard us with trailers and commercials like they did with that Hunger Games movie, then at least it will stir up interest among the people who have totally forgotten about the first film or who may not even seen it. Seriously, though, the people behind the SH franchise really need to do something about their advertising :P
At least it's Lionsgate that'll be doing the advertising and not Konami themselves. I just hope they're smart enough to realize that advertising it will get an audience of some form, whereas keeping it quiet will attract only those who already know about it.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Official release date has been announced: October 26, 2012. Okay, guys, pool's closed, everybody out. :D