No Release Date

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: No Release Date

Post by JKristine35 »

jdnation wrote:We've been over this before.
Yes, we have. I'm seriously starting to wonder if you actually read any of the posts in reply to you, because myself and others are having to repeatedly explain the same things to you.
They OBVIOUSLY have a release date in mind.
Bassett specifically said they have not chosen a date yet.
The public (i.e. YOU) doesn't know what it is yet, because as I'd said before and as Bassett has clearly explained now in that comment... they want to do a short but effective advertising campaign.
As has already been mentioned, release dates aren't really part of marketing. That's why they're almost never released along with other promotional materials.
It's not that the producers don't necessarily have faith in this movie or think it's bad. The movie can be an awesome film, but it's still a small film and still a niche audience film, so no matter how good it may be, the general public would still not likely be interested in it, just as they ignored last time's oscar winner Hurt Locker, and watched Avatar instead, despite the big marketing push it got afterwards. The quality of the film has NOTHING to do with its marketability or acceptance by mainstream audiences. And you have to keep that in mind before you spend money on its marketing campaign and its duration.
As has been stated 500,000 times before, this is supposed to be done in pre-production. I don't know how many times I need to say this before you understand it. If the wait for a release date had anything to do with the movie being a niche horror, then they would have started work on the date after all the blockbusters announced, which was about a year ago. Instead, they've waited for every single movie of the entire year to announce... and they still have no date. I don't know how much more obvious it could possibly be that they're scared to pit it against even smaller, unheard of movies.
If the film is expected to release around the same time frame as the last movie around March/April, then Bassett's comments make sense if they want a 4 month long campaign which begins latest by January, maybe earliest by late December.
First you say the release date is being delayed by marketing concerns, and now you're claiming it's because they want a marketing blitz. You can't have it both ways.
Let's calm down about this point already. You're not entitled to know it until they are ready to reveal it to you.
And I take it we're not entitled to express worry over something that is very obviously abnormal either?
And again given the small niche nature of the film, no big press sites are going to be hounding it for news and leaks or release dates like they do bigger more well known productions.
So? That hasn't stopped many small films from announcing in a timely manner, including the first film. It's not like producers say "Aw fuck it, no one cares" when they have smaller films. That's an absurd idea.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Honestly, JKristine35, we know. I think s/he does, too. We need a positive spin on all this, or we'll all start going crazy.

Silent Hill: Revelation will be coming out when the producers, directors, and execs are damn well ready to do so, and no amount of rage and counter-rage will change that, loath as we are to admit it. I hope it comes out in 2012, at least. I don't want to wait any longer than the end of the world. ;_;
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

WelcomeToNowhere, you're completely missing the point.

Making a truce on a factual point is wrong in every single way. I would agree with you if they were both just arguing about the quality of the first film (for example), because it's an entirely subjective thing and they would be doing no good arguing for ages when they will never be capable of accepting each other's opinions.

But that is obviously not the case here. I've discussed the same thing with jdnation in another thread, and as JKristine said, he's simply ignoring what JKristine has had to say on the matter ever since. Release dates aren't part of marketing, and there's no reason why the producers of Revelation should consider it as one. Even the production budget has an effect on the quality of the film; the release date, however, does not.

Being concerned about this is not being paranoic, it's having common sense.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Yes, we have. I'm seriously starting to wonder if you actually read any of the posts in reply to you, because myself and others are having to repeatedly explain the same things to you.
I have, and we're going round in circles here...
Bassett specifically said they have not chosen a date yet.
And I said they must indeed have a timeframe for the film's release. It need not be the specific day. It can be the month of release. Which means that they do have an expected timeframe for the film's release, but they don't have a specific date. They could arguably just release a vague date, but for whatever reason they probably prefer to do a short campaign and just make it more specific then.
As has already been mentioned, release dates aren't really part of marketing. That's why they're almost never released along with other promotional materials.
Sure, but there's every reason to include it and make it known when they actually begin marketing the film if they want the date to be a constant reminder. There's no rule saying they should or shouldn't. I agree with you on this. It's not of necessity. But I feel they will make it a point to begin marketing the film fully along with the release date.
As has been stated 500,000 times before, this is supposed to be done in pre-production. I don't know how many times I need to say this before you understand it. If the wait for a release date had anything to do with the movie being a niche horror, then they would have started work on the date after all the blockbusters announced, which was about a year ago. Instead, they've waited for every single movie of the entire year to announce... and they still have no date. I don't know how much more obvious it could possibly be that they're scared to pit it against even smaller, unheard of movies.
What I said there has nothing to do with the date. It was to address concerns with a long term marketing strategy versus a short term one.
First you say the release date is being delayed by marketing concerns, and now you're claiming it's because they want a marketing blitz. You can't have it both ways.
I don't see how this is contradictory. The marketing concern is about how best to market the film. Sounds like they've chosen a short term blitz, and once they begin it they'll publicly tell us the release date and attach it to whatever material they're sending out. AGAIN, it's not like the marketing material needs it. But I believe that's what they're doing.
And I take it we're not entitled to express worry over something that is very obviously abnormal either?
You can express all the conern you want, and I can similarily say I feel there's nothing to worry about over this.
So? That hasn't stopped many small films from announcing in a timely manner, including the first film. It's not like producers say "Aw fuck it, no one cares" when they have smaller films. That's an absurd idea.
Maybe not, but then if they decided to withold it until a certain time, then so what? They will tell us eventually. They're not going to never do it.
've discussed the same thing with jdnation in another thread, and as JKristine said, he's simply ignoring what JKristine has had to say on the matter ever since. Release dates aren't part of marketing, and there's no reason why the producers of Revelation should consider it as one. Even the production budget has an effect on the quality of the film; the release date, however, does not.
I've never claimed it did. Only that they could be withholding it until they begin seriously marketing the film. So people learn about the film and when it comes out over a short and effective marketing campaign that gives all the information at once. If this is what they've decided to do, then I don't see what the problem is, at all. If this is somehow a break from the normal method of doing this, I don't see why that is an issue. Again, the release date says nothing about the film's quality, as you have all said. So why are we speculating the worst simply because we have not been told it?
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Again, the release date says nothing about the film's quality, as you have all said. So why are we speculating the worst simply because we have not been told it?
Because there is not a single reason as to why they haven't released it. There's no reason to keep it a secret, and there's no reason to include it into the marketing campaign, because it has virtually zero effect on the quality of the film. It's like a moot point to even consider. And that's our concern.

If you believe even keeping such a thing as a release date from the public in favor of marketing is okay, then that's fine. I personall feel like it's pointless, people who obviously haven't kept up with the film's production (i.e. people who will likely see the teaser/trailer on theaters, finding out about it's release date, or existence for that matter, until then) are the ones who represent the majority of movie-goers (people who the marketing will obviously target), and they wouldn't find out if the release date was released on the internet. They would still only find out in theaters.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I have, and we're going round in circles here...
Because you won't listen. I'm not the only person to explain these things to you, but you seem certain that all the rest of us have no idea what we're talking about.
And I said they must indeed have a timeframe for the film's release. It need not be the specific day. It can be the month of release. Which means that they do have an expected timeframe for the film's release, but they don't have a specific date. They could arguably just release a vague date, but for whatever reason they probably prefer to do a short campaign and just make it more specific then.
And what good reason could they possibly have for still having no date 9 months after the start of filming (which is when the vast majority of films announce their release dates)? It doesn't matter if they have a month (which we don't know for a fact), what matters is that it took them this long to even decide that. That's highly abnormal. There can be no other reasoning behind why they waited so long to start work on the date than that they were waiting for every other film to fill in. What's the only reason they would do that? Because they're worried about pitting Revelation against even the smaller, unknown films.
Sure, but there's every reason to include it and make it known when they actually begin marketing the film if they want the date to be a constant reminder. There's no rule saying they should or shouldn't. I agree with you on this. It's not of necessity. But I feel they will make it a point to begin marketing the film fully along with the release date.
What are you talking about? Every film plasters its release date all over everything anyway, regardless of having announced the date months before any of those materials come out.
What I said there has nothing to do with the date. It was to address concerns with a long term marketing strategy versus a short term one.
Nobody said the producers don't have faith because of how they may or may not do the marketing campaign. That was all related to the lack of a release date.
I don't see how this is contradictory. The marketing concern is about how best to market the film. Sounds like they've chosen a short term blitz, and once they begin it they'll publicly tell us the release date and attach it to whatever material they're sending out. AGAIN, it's not like the marketing material needs it. But I believe that's what they're doing.
And again, that doesn't make any sense. Both of these producers have had no problem distinguishing between release dates and marketing on all their other films, so why is this one different? If they really think that's necessary for this type of film, why was it not done with the first Silent Hill, which had the same producers?
Maybe not, but then if they decided to withold it until a certain time, then so what? They will tell us eventually. They're not going to never do it.
The entire point of my post flew right over your head, apparently. Nobody's irritated that we don't personally know. What is important is that they don't know. I don't know how many times people have to explain to you that there is no legitimate reason to wait so long to find a date unless they're worried about the film's quality before you finally understand it.
I've never claimed it did. Only that they could be withholding it until they begin seriously marketing the film. So people learn about the film and when it comes out over a short and effective marketing campaign that gives all the information at once. If this is what they've decided to do, then I don't see what the problem is, at all. If this is somehow a break from the normal method of doing this, I don't see why that is an issue. Again, the release date says nothing about the film's quality, as you have all said. So why are we speculating the worst simply because we have not been told it?
If that was what was going on at all, they'd already have the date. It makes no sense to believe they waited so long because they want it to be part of marketing.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

JKristine, I'm curious: how do you know all this stuff about the film industry? Do you work in it? Are you a student with it? Or does it all stem from that you watch a lot of movies...?

You should know by now that each production process is different. Similarities exist, but just because some films get their release date in pre-production doesn't mean they all do. It should be common sense not that the producers "don't have faith" because there is not a release date announced yet... it's because they know, this being an pseudo-indie horror film, that chances are it won't hit mainstream audiences and thus they want to release it at a time at which it does.

Hell, look at Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. That movie was released on the same weekend as The Expendables, and it suffered for it. That exact circumstance is the reason why they need to choose a more-empty weekend. They KNOW it's not going to hit a wide audience; hell, the first film, domestically, didn't even make back its production value, and yet we're still getting a sequel: a HUGE risk by a major distributor.

There's no reason whatsoever to think that the producers think it's bad. The only reason I've seen you say is because of the lack of release date, and yet the reason stated for that was as I even said just now.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm a film student in my third year, that's how I know all this. As I've said before, whether the film is niche or not can't possibly be an explanation for the lack of release date at this point. If that was the problem, they'd have done what they did with the first movie, and waited until all the big and medium films had been announced, and then give the date. But all big films were announced many months ago, and all the medium ones have had their dates out for awhile now too, so it doesn't make any sense that they still haven't decided unless they're also worried about the really small films, which is a bright red flag. Yes, each production process is different, but they're not that different. Waiting a few extra months is different, waiting almost a year after the start of filming is suggestive of a problem behind the scenes.
Of course, whether the producers think it's bad has no effect on what I personally will think when I see the movie. I just hope they don't shelve it, because any movie that waits this long for a release date usually has a pretty high chance of being shelved. Fortunately, Bassett's blog doesn't make it sound like that's what's going on.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Hm. Interesting; I'm also a third-year film student.

You know, I'm just going to say it again: I should think that the explanation for the lack of a release date is, y'know, the reason they've given. Hell, Bassett himself has stated there is absolutely no reason to worry.

You've been repeating yourself this entire time, saying that the industry standards dictate that the release date should be decided in pre-production when, in fact, the industry is full of exceptions. The only shred of evidence you've given to support the idea that we should be really worried about the film is that there is no announced release date, and the reasons behind that have been stated at least twice by Bassett himself. Each film project is different, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's such a red flag when nobody here is involved in Revelations and thus knows nothing about the thought processes of the producers besides what they have stated. I don't see a reason to read into what's been said, because to be honest, it comes across as paranoid.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

If I recall correctly, Bassett has stated more than once that he doesn't know why they're waiting so long, and has even expressed some frustration over it. So I don't see where any official explanation has been given for the wait, beyond what Bassett theorizes but doesn't know for sure might be causing it. Like I said, every production is different, but I don't see any evidence that release date announcements tend to vary wildly between films, particularly ones with $30 million riding on the line. I see no reason why they would want to not do any work on a release date for so long, and I've yet to see anyone provide a satisfactory explanation for it. Varying film production methods generally does not mean "doing stuff that typically gets done in pre-production almost a year after the start of production". From what I know, stuff like that is largely reserved for films that are either heading for the shelves or have really tiny budgets. Again, all the blockbusters for 2012 announced almost a year ago, so why are they waiting? And no, I'm not paranoid, and that's a ridiculous accusation to make. I want this film to work just as much as anyone else, particularly since it's the sequel to my favorite movie. But that doesn't mean I'll pretend what appears to be a giant red flag isn't there.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

So I don't see where any official explanation has been given for the wait, beyond what Bassett theorizes but doesn't know for sure might be causing it.
I'm sure you've read his blog post about the lack of release date... and it is there that he quite clearly states that the producers are looking and have BEEN looking, and then follows it up with the statement that it needs to find a good opening weekend or it could be totally ruined. Somehow I think that's a little bit more than "theorizing", not to mention it's been stated that even if he knew it, he cannot say it.
Like I said, every production is different, but I don't see any evidence that release date announcements tend to vary wildly between films, particularly ones with $30 million riding on the line.
You do realize that 30 million dollars is not actually all that much in the film industry, right? Hell, a film probably more obscure than Silent Hill, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, spent twice that without taking marketing into account, and pretty much flopped (regardless of critical acclaim).
Again, all the blockbusters for 2012 announced almost a year ago, so why are they waiting?
If you're trying to compare Revelations to a blockbuster, you're just plain wrong there.

If you're trying to say that the date should be chosen by now because now they know when the competition will be released, well, for one thing he stated that a decision on the date is imminent and they'll release the date when they're ready to. For another, it's not a stretch of the imagination when Bassett's already said that they need to find a good weekend to think that they're probably trying to decide on the final date while they have it narrowed down. You also have to keep in mind that other horror movies are being released during the year, and they wouldn't want any films from the same distributor to go up against it. It's not only blockbusters they have to contend with; anything else that could take away sales from a movie they know will not reach a big audience needs to be taken into account.

I don't think that it's a ridiculous accusation to say that you're being paranoid about the film flopping, not when literally the only evidence you're providing is the lack of release date when the reason has already been explained.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm sure you've read his blog post about the lack of release date... and it is there that he quite clearly states that the producers are looking and have BEEN looking, and then follows it up with the statement that it needs to find a good opening weekend or it could be totally ruined. Somehow I think that's a little bit more than "theorizing", not to mention it's been stated that even if he knew it, he cannot say it.
"I know everyone wants a poster, a trailer and release date and I’m here to tell you, I want those things too. I’ve explained that this entirely for the producers and distributors to decide. Don’t ask me. I have no control." and "If I was the producer I’d be working it from day one. These guys want to do it another way –maybe they’re right." doesn't sound much to me like he really knows much about what's going on, or agrees with how it's being handled. Nor does he say how long they've been working on finding a date. They should be able to pick out a date in a week or less by now, seeing as every other film of the year has announced.
You do realize that 30 million dollars is not actually all that much in the film industry, right? Hell, a film probably more obscure than Silent Hill, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, spent twice that without taking marketing into account, and pretty much flopped (regardless of critical acclaim).
That's not really true at all. The vast majority of films are made for far less than that kind of budget. In truth, big budget films are the rarity. Scott Pilgrim is just one example out of the tens of thousands of films out there. Yes, a film can flop if put on the wrong date, but the dates of all the films that could definitely overpower Revelation came out months ago.
If you're trying to compare Revelations to a blockbuster, you're just plain wrong there.
I never stated nor implied any such thing. I was saying the movies that would give Revelation the most problems announced a very long time ago, so that couldn't possibly be the reason they've waited so long.
If you're trying to say that the date should be chosen by now because now they know when the competition will be released, well, for one thing he stated that a decision on the date is imminent and they'll release the date when they're ready to. For another, it's not a stretch of the imagination when Bassett's already said that they need to find a good weekend to think that they're probably trying to decide on the final date while they have it narrowed down.
Of course they're deciding it now. The issue is why they waited so long to decide.
You also have to keep in mind that other horror movies are being released during the year, and they wouldn't want any films from the same distributor to go up against it. It's not only blockbusters they have to contend with; anything else that could take away sales from a movie they know will not reach a big audience needs to be taken into account.
Yes, all movies contend with that, and very few of them wait almost a year after the start of production to announce.
I don't think that it's a ridiculous accusation to say that you're being paranoid about the film flopping, not when literally the only evidence you're providing is the lack of release date when the reason has already been explained.
Except Bassett has also made statements suggesting he really doesn't know what's going on, and is possibly even unhappy about it. Add that to the fact that it's fairly rare for films that aren't either A) direct-to-DVD, B) super low budget, or C) heading for the shelf to announce so late and I don't see any reason why reaching such a conclusion calls for an insulting accusation.
Survival
Just Passing Through

Post by Survival »

The problem is the more they are waiting the more they can actually hurt the movie. If they had a release date in mind before/during the shoot they would have much bigger chance to pick up a more suitable date for the release. Other studios and their movies would have to work AROUND them. But now more and more movies are filling the empty slots thus limiting SH:R chances at the box office... which is the only reason they don't have a release date yet... money. (Unless of course you stand by the theory that the studio hates the movie).

When they started shooting the movie the premiere plan looked like an almost empty playground. Only the big names have been locked and they could've put their premiere almost anyhere they wanted. And you can always move the date when some brave studio puts their movie too close to your comfort.
Last edited by Survival on 10 Dec 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

"I know everyone wants a poster, a trailer and release date and I’m here to tell you, I want those things too. I’ve explained that this entirely for the producers and distributors to decide. Don’t ask me. I have no control." and "If I was the producer I’d be working it from day one. These guys want to do it another way –maybe they’re right." doesn't sound much to me like he really knows much about what's going on, or agrees with how it's being handled. Nor does he say how long they've been working on finding a date. They should be able to pick out a date in a week or less by now, seeing as every other film of the year has announced.
Regardless of if he's happy or not, he's clearly stated his thoughts on why they're doing so, and reading any further into it is tantamount to creating conspiracy theories because we have been told as much as he knows.
That's not really true at all. The vast majority of films are made for far less than that kind of budget. In truth, big budget films are the rarity. Scott Pilgrim is just one example out of the tens of thousands of films out there. Yes, a film can flop if put on the wrong date, but the dates of all the films that could definitely overpower Revelation came out months ago.
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/budgets.php

Let's take a look at this, shall we?

Of the films that have made at least one millon dollars--something that the original Silent Hill did in fifty million--only a few have been for less than Revelations. You're right in that the majority of films are created for less, but that's creating a false idea seeing as the movies that do indeed make a decent amount of money for more than Revelation's budget vastly outnumber those that are smaller-budget.
I never stated nor implied any such thing. I was saying the movies that would give Revelation the most problems announced a very long time ago, so theat couldn't possibly be the reason they've waited so long.
Thank you for clarifying.
Yes, all movies contend with that, and very few of them wait almost a year until after the start of production to announce.
Key phrase: very few of them. It's completely possible--hell, probable based on what Bassett has said--that this is going to be one of those films because the producers, who are much more well-versed in marketing a film than you or I, know that the film's audience is limited to people who are interested in horror, possibly people over 18 depending on the rating it receives, and most probably people who saw the original film (because many hold a mindset of "oh, it's a sequel, I need to see the first before that").
Except Bassett has also made statements suggesting he really doesn't know what's going on, and is possibly even unhappy about it. Add that to the fact that it's fairly rare for films that aren't either A) direct-to-DVD, B) super low budget, or C) heading for the shelf to announce so late and I don't see any reason why reaching such a conclusion calls for an insulting accusation.
His most-recent comments about it on his blog suggest that he may have a different technique to marketing films but he is also going to respect the producers' and how they are doing things. He also stated that they want to have a four-month lead-in, so chances are the film will come out later on in the year, which would mean that we would not know until around four months before it, and Bassett cannot announce that without the producers' okay.

I don't think it's an insulting accusation when you're trying to claim that the film is in deep, deep trouble when in fact Bassett has said they are narrowing down the date and they are specifically trying to find the best time to make the film work. Nothing he has said has insinuated that the film will be shelved; everything he's said points to the producers being realistic in that the film will not reach an incredibly large audiences.

My problem here lies in that the only evidence I've seen you show to say the film's in trouble is that the release date hasn't been announced. While this is unusual, there is no other cause--especially when Bassett has said he respects what is going on, understands the reasons for it, and cannot divulge more whether he knows it or not--for alarm whatsoever, and I feel like your saying the movie is in trouble is exaggerating the situation.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Well... fuck. I had an entire response written out, and then my computer froze. :evil: That shit seriously only happens when I put a lot of effort into something.
Though I think it might be best to end the conversation anyway, partly because we're never going to convince the other of anything and I can already see this escalating, but mostly because I actually like you and I get the feeling that this convo could change that (particularly the paranoid part). Suffice to say, I still disagree with you on most everything you've said, but I really don't see where this can go anywhere but downhill.
Either way, we'll find out whether the film is good or not when it comes out. I hope to God it's good, great even. Partly because I want the sequel to my favorite film to do its predecesser justice, and partly because I want all the writhing TwinPerfect groupies who are already screaming about how awful it must be because "itz nawt japaneez!" to look like idiots (moreso than they already do).
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Well... fuck. I had an entire response written out, and then my computer froze. That shit seriously only happens when I put a lot of effort into something.
That is how the world works: by Murphy's Law, and occasionally Thermodynamics.

Maybe part of all this is an ARG, or perhaps an extended astroturf movement, to build hype within the fanbase. It takes time to build stuff like that, you know.

Or, and in my opinion more likely, the studio doesn't consider a niche horror video game movie a priority over their other properties. We won't know until it's all over. I don't want it to be stuck in development hell, that always makes me sad when they do that to the things I like. ;_;
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:
We won't know until it's all over. I don't want it to be stuck in development hell, that always makes me sad when they do that to the things I like. ;_;
Considering that they finished all photography on the project, I really, really doubt it's going to go into development hell. It's not really in development anymore.

To be less snarky, it's not likely they'll let millions of dollars in work just sit around making no money at all.

I think everyone needs to chill out. We can only guess based on trends as to why there's no release date yet, but we know next to nothing about how this project is going. Let's not jump to conclusions or get worked up.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

emFox wrote:
WelcomeToNowhere wrote:
We won't know until it's all over. I don't want it to be stuck in development hell, that always makes me sad when they do that to the things I like. ;_;
Considering that they finished all photography on the project, I really, really doubt it's going to go into development hell. It's not really in development anymore.

To be less snarky, it's not likely they'll let millions of dollars in work just sit around making no money at all.

I think everyone needs to chill out. We can only guess based on trends as to why there's no release date yet, but we know next to nothing about how this project is going. Let's not jump to conclusions or get worked up.
This is precisely what I was attempting to argue in the first place.
JKristine35 wrote:Well... fuck. I had an entire response written out, and then my computer froze. :evil: That shit seriously only happens when I put a lot of effort into something.
Though I think it might be best to end the conversation anyway, partly because we're never going to convince the other of anything and I can already see this escalating, but mostly because I actually like you and I get the feeling that this convo could change that (particularly the paranoid part). Suffice to say, I still disagree with you on most everything you've said, but I really don't see where this can go anywhere but downhill.
Either way, we'll find out whether the film is good or not when it comes out. I hope to God it's good, great even. Partly because I want the sequel to my favorite film to do its predecesser justice, and partly because I want all the writhing TwinPerfect groupies who are already screaming about how awful it must be because "itz nawt japaneez!" to look like idiots (moreso than they already do).
I concur that we should stop this debate--it's obviously not going anywhere. We disagree with the other. End of story.

I do hope the movie will be decent, and though I've not seen Bassett's stuff, I have faith that he, at the very least, put passion into the movie and that will show.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

It just annoys me that the movie is done, and it's just fucking SITTING there, and theyr'e waiting to release it when nothing else is coming out while all of us are on our knees like, "When the hell do we get to see this?" I mean seriously, it's like if Valve has Half Life 3 made already, but theyr'e waiting for the popularity of Counter-strike, Left 4 Dead, and TF2 to die down before they release it...
Which come to think of it, that MAY be the case... BUT ANYWAY.
It just angers me that the obvious choice is to release it in Oct. and market it as a horror movie because the only competition it would have would be Paranormal Activity 4, which could be EASILY avoided by releasing a week before or 2 weeks after PA4.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Blame the producers, sweet heart. MJB has no idea when it'll come out, or anything else regarding the marketing and release date. We've just gotta wait it out. Hopefully the wait will be well worth it.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.