Late Spring or Early Fall Release

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: Late Spring or Early Fall Release

Post by JuriDawn »

phantomess wrote: I'll have to decide whether to go see it in my Cybil costume. I might not, because that seems a tad like overkill. I don't know any other SH fans to dress up with me.
Ah, memories. . .
I dressed up as Lisa for the opening of the first movie and met up with several other folks in costume. I'd like to dress up again, though I'm not sure who I want to be. Once it gets closer to the actual release date, perhaps we can create a thread for forum members who want to meet up and watch the movie together.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^You know, I think I'd like that. It'd certainly make the movie a lot more fun, wouldn't you say?

Also, nice picture, JuriDawn! But smile next time, remember. You'd look a lot more "in character" that way. ^-^
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^I think it's a nice idea, too, although it'd involve most of us having to travel quite a bit.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Naturally we wouldn't all be meeting up at the same place, but it would be nice for someone who lives near Houston, for example, to suggest a theater nearby that other forummers near Houston could meet up at. We could possibly compile a list of designated theaters for members to meet at in different cities to watch the movie together or at least share their enthusiasm. I feel much better putting on a costume if I know I'm not the only game fan in attendance.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^That would be awesome, Juri! I don't live too close to Houston, though, unfortunately. Now, if everyone would come to say...Kentucky Tri-State area...;)
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Or the Detroit Metropolitan area... :D
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Wish people would do this here in Edmonton! Or even a venture off to Calgary for it.

No way in hell people would do this where I'm from though, in Grande Prairie. The theater had quite a few people in it though when the first movie came out. I was pretty surprised.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

That's because Silent Hill is awesome. : D

Anyway, I'd love to go with others that enjoy the world of Silent Hill, which may be possible. Not necessarily fans, but a few people I know that have grown to basically have to like it because they know me. Heh...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I live in Houston, so I like Juridawn's idea. My Alessa costume has been waiting for Revelation to come out. :D
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Damn, I split my time between Dallas and Fayetteville, Arkansas. Either way, it's too far to drive for a movie.
arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Post by arthurdepr »

"You're going to be waiting a bit longer for two hotly anticipated horror titles. Get ready to ring in the New Year with Leatherface when Lionsgate's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D arrives in theaters. The John Luessenhop-directed sequel will tear through cinemas on January 4, 2013. It was originally slated for release this coming October.

Moving out of its August slot is Sinister (pictured above). The Scott Derrickson-directed thriller not hits theaters October 5 from Summit Entertainment. The story follows a journalist (Ethan Hawke) who moves his family into a house where another family was murdered. After moving in, he uncovers found footage that leads to clues about the murders."

So guys, this may solidfy even more that October 5th release date! I mean, it's just about rumors until now, but since Chainsaw and SH:R are both Lionsgate films, I guess we're on the right track. Now, we just need to hear the official word! Fingers crossed.
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

How does this solidify a October 5th release date?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Post by arthurdepr »

I mean, the rumors (let me be clear on that) were that the film was going to be released on that date. Then, Lionsgate pushed back the Chainsaw film, leaving the date open for a new release, wich may be, in fact, Revelations.

It's not for sure, that's just a possibility... I wish that may be the truth. We just have to wait and see now.
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Oh I didn't notice that TTCM was originally meant to be released on the 5th at first (I'm so tired right now). Makes it ever so slightly more possible that SH:R will be released then, we'll see.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

JKristine35 wrote:I live in Houston, so I like Juridawn's idea. My Alessa costume has been waiting for Revelation to come out. :D
You'll have to share photos! I wish I knew a character I could pull off well. I could always make a costume based off one of the zealots' groups, that way I could wear a mask. :p
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Let's definitely create that thread when the time gets closer, Juri. I'd love it if someone in my area would go in costume and meet up with me.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

^ Absolutely agreed. And Houston was just an example; I live in a suburb of Dallas. I'm sure we'll have enough people interested in meeting up at a theater that many if not most of them will have someone to geek out with in their own neck of the woods. :)

Photos are also a must for anyone who goes in costume. I demand them.

Now I really need to pay attention to the release date. :P
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I wouldn't need to do too much work to pull off Walter. I just need to grow a mustache and get a similar jacket.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Huh, I didn't think Walter had a mustache....

I'm totally going as Henry, so I guess you get to antagonize me! :D
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:Huh, I didn't think Walter had a mustache....

I'm totally going as Henry, so I guess you get to antagonize me! :D
Well, it's entirely composed of stubble, but he kind of has a goatee. Hmmm, now I need a gun and a pipe to chase down the Receiver of Wisdom with.