Rumor: Peter Outerbridge as Travis Grady

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: Rumor: Peter Outerbridge as Travis Grady

Post by JKristine35 »

Eh, you might want to spoiler tag that last part. Not everyone here has played Downpour yet.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I spoiler tagged it for ya, Distant.

Do we know for sure if he's going to be playing Travis? Hell, he could just be some random dude.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

A little before Revelation started filming, Peter made a cryptic post on his official site that said "Silent Hill. Travis Grady. Yes or no?". Given the timing of the post, I'd say there's about a 90% chance he was referring to being approached to play that character. It hasn't been confirmed, but that would be a pretty amazing coincidence if the two were unrelated.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I see. Well, though Travis and Alessa are related in the games, I just would rather Peter not play as Travis. I mean, I guess I just don't see him as Travis, even if he does voice him. Maybe seeing him on the big screen as Travis (if that's who he is playing), and making that relationship work in the movie will make me more comfortable with the idea.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

If Travis is going to be in the movie, I think it's pretty awesome for his voice actor to play him.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Peter Outerbridge is not Travis's voice actor.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Oh, I guess part of Aerith's post confused me... and I've never been big on knowing lots of actors' names.
Suddenly the idea of Travis Grady being in it isn't as exciting. Now it's only mystifying.

Edit/add: Obviously, I never expected Travis to play the same role as in the game. I do have a brain. The only reason his inclusion seemed "exciting" was because I thought it involved Travis' voice actor. For the coolness factor.
Also, his inclusion does seem odd since he can't play remotely the same role as in Origins. We're (likely) not just talking about a twisting of character or gender here. I'm sure I'm not the only one raising an eyebrow about Travis.
I'm not trying to say anything negative, either, by the way. This has made me more curious, not displeased.
Last edited by phantomess on 02 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Aerith Gainsborough

I don't even know why I said he was the VA. Haha!

Yeah, I'm not too big on them myself, to be honest.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Guys. I'm not even trying to be a dick right now or anything, but... this is the movie series that has Dahlia as a sympathetic tragic mother who loves her daughter, Pyramid Head as some random monster who hangs out with bugs, some demon thing that possesses Sharon, a cult that does witch burning instead of demonic god worshiping, an Alessa that wants revenge against everyone, Vincent as Jon Snow, and Harry as a woman named Rose.

It's not entirely out of the question that just because there may be a character named Travis Grady that he's anything like the one from the games or has anything close to the same role.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

NanayaShiki wrote:some demon thing that possesses Sharon
Dark Alessa isn't a demon, and she doesn't possess Sharon.

Also, all of your evidences come from the first movie, which was written and directed by different people than Revelation.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

JKristine35 wrote:Also, all of your evidences come from the first movie, which was written and directed by different people than Revelation.
No they didn't. And even the ones that did still stand and are canon in Revelation. The point is, there's a very good chance this Travis doesn't have the same role/character as the Travis from the games. Based on the fact that most things in the movieverse don't.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The cult from the first film will only be appearing in a few scenes, and are largely being replaced by the Order. Dahlia has a small role in Revelation, and no one knows what it will entail. Alessa's revenge was completed in the first film, Revelation will be about trying to regain her memory. Harry is now a man. Given all this, it's pretty clear Bassett is trying to distance himself from the differences created by the first film. Just because Revelation is part of the same canon as the first movie, does not mean you can blame what the first film did on Bassett and use other peoples' work as a way to judge someone who was not involved. The only thing you have standing for you is the use of PH. Everything else was thought up by people not involved with Revelation.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Vincent is still Jon Snow.

And I'm not entirely sure what you're getting so defensive about. I'm not trying to blame anything on anyone, and I especially started my post out saying I wasn't being a dick, as in, I wasn't starting a fight about the movie or saying anything was bad either way. The fact of the matter is that just because a character in a movie has the same name or is based on an existing character doesn't mean that they will be the same, especially given what has already happened here. I just think people should get ready for this potential Travis to NOT be the Travis they knew.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I feel the exact same way as you, Nanaya. I have serious doubts that Travis in this film is going to be just like the Travis in Origins. They could make it fit, I guess...through either retcon or some really weird stir ups in the plot...
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm not being defensive. I'm simply pointing out that your logic is flawed, as you're using the creations of one man to deduce what an entirely different man will do. And what does an actor playing an unrelated character in an unrelated work have to do with anything? What the actor looks like in a different work does not decide how well the character's attitude, actions, and thoughts will match those of the game character. Simply put, no one knows how Revelation's characters will match up to their game counterparts, and it makes no sense to judge how Bassett will handle them based on the work of Gans, especially since he's said he's trying to move closer to the games.
jadehill2001
Just Passing Through

Post by jadehill2001 »

I hated the Travis Grady character. He was a terrible protagonist and I hope he isn't in this. It's already confusing how Dahlia is in it tbh
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Movie Dahlia and game Dahlia are two different people. It makes perfect sense that Dahlia would be in Revelation, since she was last seen alive in the Fog World at the end of the first movie.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Maybe it will be a Homecoming-esque cameo?

Also, lol Guy Cihi. What a silly egotistical man.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

If that's how you feel, you'll love this drawn out video then, Droo. :wink:
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Droo wrote:Also, lol Guy Cihi. What a silly egotistical man.
Least I'm not the only one who thinks this, lol... What else has the self-adoring guy ever done anyway?!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.