Rumor: Peter Outerbridge as Travis Grady

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Rumor: Peter Outerbridge as Travis Grady

Post by JKristine35 »

About a year ago, actor Peter Outerbridge asked a strange question about Travis Grady on his Twitter account, sparking some rumors that he may be appearing in Revelation. Now, he's been hired for a new movie, and multiple sites are listing him as a member of Revelation's cast. I'm not sure how they'll shove Travis into this (saving Alessa was Gucci's job), but I'm sure there must be some reason for him to be there.
http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/2121 ... -container
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Re: Rumor: Peter Outerbridge as Travis Grady

Post by Luotka Snih »

Travis, huh?
If it's true he's in the movie, maybe he was the one who got Alessa out of the foggy world. That's the only thing I can think of
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

A Guy Cihi cameo and now Travis?

This movie better be out soon.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Luotka Snih wrote:Travis, huh?
If it's true he's in the movie, maybe he was the one who got Alessa out of the foggy world. That's the only thing I can think of
Do you mean Sharon? If so, the dark side of Alessa delivered the baby to the 'real world.'

ETA: Also...Guy Cihi cameo!? I never knew of this!

I think Peter Outerbridge would have made a wonderful Vincent. He's got the facial expression and scruffy-ness for him.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Guy Cihi publicly requested to be in Revelation not long before filming began. Bassett told him to go to Don Carmody, and nothing was ever said about it again afaik. My guess is that Carmody said no, due to the request being made only a couple of weeks before the start of filming.
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:
Luotka Snih wrote:Travis, huh?
Do you mean Sharon? If so, the dark side of Alessa delivered the baby to the 'real world.'
Oh, right. it was Sharon.
Has it been stated Alessa did that? that's quite interesting
Aerith Gainsborough

^I saw her do it in the movie. It shows Dark Alessa leaving Sharon, as a baby, on the orphanage's steps. She even says something alone the lines of, "I delivered her safely from this place." JKristine is the movie expert here, though. ;)

Also, thank you, JKristine, for clarifying.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The exact line is "We hid her in safety, in the world outside this Hell". :wink: I wonder if Loutka may be referring to Sharon/Alessa, rather than baby Sharon. If so, there's no possible way Travis could step into the Fog World and remove Sharon/Alessa, unless she lets him in in the first place. It's far more likely that some great emotional trauma (my guess is that Rose dies somehow) propels her back into the real world.
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

So sorry, I think I didn't explain myself. I was refering the ending of the movie, where Sharon and Rose return to their home but there's still fog around.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

I know this is probably the wron topic to ask this in but who is guy cihi? Sorry about my noobness
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

Guy voiced James in Silent Hill 2. A quick search of his name on the forum search function would have answered that question pretty quickly ;)
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I can't for the life of me figure out why on earth Travis would be in the film, considering Gucci was the one to save Alessa. Perhaps Travis takes Sharon home, or some such thing?

Also, Guy Cihi asking to be in Revelations gives me all sorts of ick. I hope he's not in it. :/
Aerith Gainsborough

Luotka Snih wrote:So sorry, I think I didn't explain myself. I was refering the ending of the movie, where Sharon and Rose return to their home but there's still fog around.
The thing is that it isn't Sharon and Rose. It's Alessa and Rose. This is all Alessa's doing. Alessa wants to be with Rose, the only person who was able to go to the depths of Hell for her, while her own mother wasn't able to. This makes me so excited for the movie. I really want to know how that plays out.

Also, thank you JKristine! I was waaaaay off!
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

I could see this being a cameo part/Easter egg for fans of the series. Like, he could totally be a truck driver who takes Heather and Vincent to Silent Hill, a la Alex in Homecoming. Although in the movie universe it's debatable as to whether he'd be involved with the history of Silent Hill somehow or just some random guy they gave the name "Travis Grady" to.

In any case, I have no problem with this, as long as it doesn't weaken the movie.

Gaaaaah can't wait. :)
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Bassett confirmed in a tweet that Peter Outerbridge is indeed an official part of the cast. He didn't say who he played though.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Thanks, JKristine. I wonder what his role is.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Really interesting. But I can't help feel like they're trying to squeeze too many characters in this movie. Who knows what they have planned though.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
The Demon
Just Passing Through

Post by The Demon »

Peter Outerbridge is a phenomenal actor. I really hope Travis isn't just a small role in this film, as honestly his talent deserves at least a major supporting role.

I think it'd be cool if Travis was the person who takes Heather to Silent Hill, and then somehow gets stuck there with her. He could be her companion for a while (ala Cybil in SH1)... although I hope they wouldn't just rehash the same type of character for the second film.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

The Demon wrote:Peter Outerbridge is a phenomenal actor. I really hope Travis isn't just a small role in this film, as honestly his talent deserves at least a major supporting role.

I think it'd be cool if Travis was the person who takes Heather to Silent Hill, and then somehow gets stuck there with her. He could be her companion for a while (ala Cybil in SH1)... although I hope they wouldn't just rehash the same type of character for the second film.
I like that idea.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

As has been said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a cameo, somebody hitches a ride or something, like in Homecoming. I could imagine Travis becoming a part of the town,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
like Howard in Downpour.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.